Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm Hungry

Go down 
+20
elvis plebsley
Rob Gallucci
trailerborn
boogie
rokyforever
soldier
homesickjameswilliamson
krugersoldier
mark
ChuckN
napalm_cheetah
Garageman
Nadja
Petrie Terrace
Loose1969
Nervousnorvus
Donald
Radiobirdman73
mc
G, F#, E
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

I'm Hungry Empty
PostSubject: I'm Hungry   I'm Hungry Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 8:00 pm

Yet another contender along with "Fresh Rag" and "N**ger Man" for possibly recorded in 1972 Stooges songs is this little ditty: "I'm Hungry".

On page 81 of the second edition of "Raw Power" by Mick Rock it mentions this song. Did Iggy recycle lyrics used in it for "Sixteen" like he did with "Scene Of The Crime" in "Winners And Losers"?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

I'm Hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Hungry   I'm Hungry Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 12:37 am

Probably an alternative name for Come Hungry Sweet Child I'm guessing.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

I'm Hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Hungry   I'm Hungry Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 6:50 pm

Is that the original title "I Need Somebody"?
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

I'm Hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Hungry   I'm Hungry Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 12:48 am

Don't really know, I think maybe it was an idea they jammed and then tried to work in to something ie I Need Somebody. So not a real song in effect.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

I'm Hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Hungry   I'm Hungry Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 9:29 am

I was just wondering since you said "Come Hungry Sweet Child" could be its full title and I'm pretty sure theres a version of " I Need Somebody" with a "sweet child" section in it.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

I'm Hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Hungry   I'm Hungry Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 10:42 pm

Now were gonna find out on the Sony box!
Back to top Go down
Radiobirdman73

Radiobirdman73

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-01-26

I'm Hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Hungry   I'm Hungry Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 11:33 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
I was just wondering since you said "Come Hungry Sweet Child" could be its full title and I'm pretty sure theres a version of " I Need Somebody" with a "sweet child" section in it.

Yep - "Sweet child - I like the way - you walk"
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

I'm Hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Hungry   I'm Hungry Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 5:47 pm

Apparently it evolved into Penetration.
Back to top Go down
Nervousnorvus

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-12-20

I'm Hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Hungry   I'm Hungry Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 5:45 pm

It's on the Sony Raw Power Deluxe edition, it's an early jam on the Penetration riff w/different lyrics.
Back to top Go down
http://thehoundblog.blogspot.com/
mc

mc

I'm Hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Hungry   I'm Hungry Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 7:33 pm

Nervousnorvus wrote:
It's on the Sony Raw Power Deluxe edition, it's an early jam on the Penetration riff w/different lyrics.

Cool, I really like Penetration.
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

I'm Hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Hungry   I'm Hungry Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:24 am

mc wrote:
Nervousnorvus wrote:

Oh shit...I could run with that line but I won't. Devil
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-05

I'm Hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Hungry   I'm Hungry Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:43 am

Loose1969 wrote:
mc wrote:
Nervousnorvus wrote:

Oh shit...I could run with that line but I won't. Devil

Do it!!
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

I'm Hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Hungry   I'm Hungry Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 1:27 am

it's there for the taking
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

I'm Hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Hungry   I'm Hungry Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 2:23 am

HAHAHAHAHAH It just get's WORSE.
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

I'm Hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Hungry   I'm Hungry Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 4:35 am

Sorry...I couldn't resist! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

I'm Hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Hungry   I'm Hungry Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 2:25 pm

Loose1969 wrote:
Sorry...I couldn't resist! Laughing

Steve, your friendly banter here is always very welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

I'm Hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Hungry   I'm Hungry Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:57 pm

Right I have heard this song. And I have to say - it is a con. This is a very good take of "Penetration" with Iggy vocals over the top. But these are recent vocals. With lyrics like "How about some mayonaise? Or maybe some holendaise?!" in that out of tune voice that made "The Weirdness" so popular. Also this cannot possibly be the tune for "I'm Hungry", Mick Rock's 1972 interview with Ig mentions this song and one other. What song is that? "Penetration". Not only is the song a rip off, its a lie.
Back to top Go down
Garageman

Garageman

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-03-19

I'm Hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Hungry   I'm Hungry Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 2:02 am

G, F#, E wrote:
Right I have heard this song. And I have to say - it is a con. This is a very good take of "Penetration" with Iggy vocals over the top. But these are recent vocals. With lyrics like "How about some mayonaise? Or maybe some holendaise?!" in that out of tune voice that made "The Weirdness" so popular. Also this cannot possibly be the tune for "I'm Hungry", Mick Rock's 1972 interview with Ig mentions this song and one other. What song is that? "Penetration". Not only is the song a rip off, its a lie.

If that is really the case, I'm very disappointed.
Back to top Go down
napalm_cheetah

napalm_cheetah

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-05-11

I'm Hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Hungry   I'm Hungry Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 11:09 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
Hmm.. If you ask me, the whole song sounds like it was recorded recently; not just iggys vocals..
Back to top Go down
ChuckN

ChuckN

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-10-29

I'm Hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Hungry   I'm Hungry Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 11:35 pm

napalm_cheetah wrote:
G, F#, E wrote:
Hmm.. If you ask me, the whole song sounds like it was recorded recently; not just iggys vocals..
I agree. This sound definitely like the voice of an old man(Iggy). The recording sounds too clean, like with the bass and drums who seem to have magically recovered. Thought the instruments were lost forever in a 'master mess'. Where Iggy complained about the problems of recovering the bass on the sleeve of his horrible 96' mix. This smells real bad.
Is this another "Iggy with an unkown guitarist" too??
I'm Hungry 141717
Back to top Go down
mark

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-02-26

I'm Hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Hungry   I'm Hungry Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 2:01 am

Got to say, I've listened to this and I think you're all nuts!

Why the hell would the modern-day Stooges bother going back to a 28-year-old backing track, overdub it with deliberately half-assed vocals and try and pass it off as a vintage outtake? What would be the point?

Admittedly the vocal on this track isn't great, but it's obvious that it's just an off-the-cuff studio moment that was never intended for release. Iggy sounds like he's casually freestyling, putting placeholder vocals on a tune that the band have perhaps only just worked out - not unlike the offhand versions of Money and Louie Louie from the I Got A Right sessions. I hear nothing here to suggest that it's not an original 1972 vocal, albeit a less than sparkling one.

The mix sounds cleaner than the original album version because it's obviously a fresh 2010 mixdown from the original multitracks. It sounds different from the album because it was mixed in a modern digital studio by clear-headed middle-aged men, rather than in some scuzzy Hollywood facilty by a couple of drug-crazed loons in 1972. However, if you listen to the actual sound of the guitar and drums, you can tell it's contemperaneous to the Raw Power verison, minus various effects and analogue scuzz.

A Pro Tools loop? Are you kidding?
Back to top Go down
krugersoldier

krugersoldier

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2008-02-20

I'm Hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Hungry   I'm Hungry Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 2:20 pm

The point would be that they need unreleased tracks to make the box more attractive to the buyer. I have been listening to the Stooges for 32 years and that vocal was done recently. The drum track is also very unusual for Rock Action to play so close to the rhythm, he didnt play like that in the seventies although the tracks on the Weirdness are more in that style. The drumtrack also sounds like it has been cut with protools or other software. The only original part of the song is the guitar lick.
Back to top Go down
mark

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-02-26

I'm Hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Hungry   I'm Hungry Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 2:50 pm

krugersoldier wrote:
The point would be that they need unreleased tracks to make the box more attractive to the buyer.
You think? This track is tucked away on a mail order-only disc with a bunch of other unreleased stuff. I don't think anyone would have missed it had it been left off, and it just seems totally bizarre that they would even try to pull something like this. Surely Iggy would have made a bit more effort with the vocal if he was going for a fake Raw Power outtake? And why not go the whole hog and concoct a completely new tune and pass that off as a lost 1972 classic?
Quote :
I have been listening to the Stooges for 32 years and that vocal was done recently.
What makes you so sure?
Quote :
The drum track is also very unusual for Rock Action to play so close to the rhythm, he didnt play like that in the seventies although the tracks on the Weirdness are more in that style. The drumtrack also sounds like it has been cut with protools or other software. The only original part of the song is the guitar lick.
To my ears, he's playing the same drum part as he plays on the album version of Penetration. The only reason the album version sounds sloppy by comparision is that weird stereo delay effect.

I'll admit this version does sound unusually tight and robotic, but I think that's just the way it's mixed. The snare sounds like it might be compressed and gated (meaning that you don't get any decay - it's WHAM WHAM WHAM rather than WHAmmmmm WHAmmmmm WHAmmmmm), and the fact that it's a contemporary digital mixdown just gives it a crisper sound.

Listen closely to the kick drum - there are a few times where it's uneven or slightly off the beat. That ain't no machine.

It's kind of sad that Cleopatra et al have lowered expectations to the extent that when we hear a 'new' outtake, we actually expect it to be a fake.
Back to top Go down
krugersoldier

krugersoldier

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2008-02-20

I'm Hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Hungry   I'm Hungry Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 10:50 pm

I just want to mention that i am a musician with studio experience, its very easy these days to do whatever you like with a drum sample. They used an original drum sequence cut up and and used protools to alter the intervals.

The vocal seems totally clear to me that its recent, because of the intonation and the lyrics LOL

I agree with the other guys in the bootlegs "im hungry" thread, this is a new patchwork track, but lets see, im sure time will tell Smile

I will anyway buy the CD im excited to hear the live recording.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

I'm Hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Hungry   I'm Hungry Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:47 am

The new track has recent vocals, you seriously think they aren't? Iggy couldn't sound so awful if he tried in 1972. Just listen to the pitch, tone, pronounciation. Fuck if that is an outtake then its a Weirdness outtake!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'm Hungry Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Hungry   I'm Hungry Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm Hungry
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next