Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?

Go down 
+17
berlinberlin
JW82
MJG196
G, F#, E
sheddy
homesickjameswilliamson
Big Time Bum
Lucas
world's forgotten boy
soldier
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
comaman
Nadja
Loose1969
iggy-fan
mc
J.N
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 9:12 pm

Beat em up is in my top 5 favorite Iggy albums - I love Whitey's guitar! ! And blah blah blah is very good too !

My opinion - (I love them all, but If I hadto choose --

Worst(or least favorite) 3 Iggy/stooges albums-

1.Instinct -(Only 2 good songs - High on you & Instinct)
2.Soldier - (Pretty good songs, but no GREAT ones!)
3.Brick By Brick - (Some very nice songs-- Baby wants to rock'n'roll, Neon Forest,Living on the edge of the night , but theres a bunch that are below average--Starry Night, Moonlight Lady, Main Street Eyes)

Last edited by JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES on Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
soldier

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2007-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 9:15 pm

the song on weirdness are good but they is no bass , no reverb at all .
the weirdness's song are much better live
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 9:20 pm

Soldier, No reverb on what ? Iggy's vocals ? Actually, theres ALOT of revereb on the drums, and a bit on Iggy's vocals, and alittle even on the bass ! -- Listen closely !
Back to top Go down
comaman

comaman

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 2:17 am

JLTS: Blah Blah Blah is pure bullshit, the most boring, polished and commercial piece of margarine dravel that Iggy ever released. And the band he had at the time were also the least rock n roll he ever had. And I'm not even mentioning their image, which made it even worse...

Can't understand how you can like that more than Soldier and Instinct...Well, we're all different I suppose...

So how old were you when Beat Em Up came out? Like, eight? Was it your first Iggy album? If so I understand if you're sentimental about it. Otherwise I can't understand how you can favourise it, honestly.

And I think Instinct is pretty good. It has Steve Jones on guitar, for christ sake!!! And the tour that followed with Andy McCoy in the band were the best Iggy tour I ever saw! If you think he rocks today, you should have seen it then. Wow, that was something else. Since Andy was such a flashy and rocking guy on stage, Iggy had to work extra hard to be the main man on stage. And believe me, he did! He was just fucking unbelievable on that tour.

Just some of my reflections, like it or hate it folks. Would be fun to hear what others think on the subject...

Last edited by comaman on Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
world's forgotten boy

world's forgotten boy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 2:33 am

"Best"

1. Lust For Life
2. New Values
3. Kill City
4. Party

(5. Skull Ring
6. Blah Blah Blah
7. Brick By Brick)

"Worst"

1. Instinct
2. Beat
3. Zombie

YOU CANNOT DENY
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 7:23 am

Beat em up, was my second Iggy. I really just like the songs ALOT... sorry Sad
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 12:18 pm

comaman wrote:

And I think Instinct is pretty good. It has Steve Jones on guitar, for christ sake!!! .

wow - now that is interesting. I haven't heard it yet
Back to top Go down
Lucas

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 1:40 pm

Beat 'm up is one of the best. The Stooges/Iggy are about primal, straight forward melodies and pure energy! And that has nothing to do with age, or beat 'm up being the first Iggy you heard. I heard my first iggy in 1977 and still rate Beat as one of the best

For me the worst albums are:
Blah blah blah
Soldier
Instinct
Back to top Go down
Big Time Bum

Big Time Bum

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:35 pm

best
1- kill city
2- soldier (just listen the demos too)
3-the idiot
4- news values
5- zombie birdhouse (ooh street crazies)

worst :
1- naughty little doggy
2 - beat them up
3 - party (exept pumpin' for jill , and rock'n'roll party)
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 7:41 pm

You don't like Naughty Little Doggie ?????? Surprised
Back to top Go down
Big Time Bum

Big Time Bum

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 5:26 am

reallynot, i could even think party is better
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 6:07 am

i dont think i have a bad or worst list, i wudnt listen to or rate like instinct or blah as high as idiot or lust, but it doesnt mean they are bad, just not as gd, tho who can reacg that?

i dunno, in terms of not as gd, then yeh, instinct, blah and maybe zombie cos i havent cracked it yet i dnt think

but ironicsally for trying to 'fit it' or follow suit with the 80s synth blah or the airhead hardrock, iggy stilll sounds iggy, as in totally diferent from whats been done

i do like blah tho, a lot actually, instinct has some nice songs on it too, i dunno i cant chooise, literally, i like all his stuff, cnt choose, there are ones that are 'better' than others, but doesnt make them and 'worse'

so i guess im out!! lol (but ill go for instinct and zombie)

and i dont much like beat em up, love naughty little doggie though, a lot, but dont like beat em up, avenue bs cool too, but hate beat em up, so beat em up is his worst, and zombie - kinda, i dunno ill just vote for beat em up
Back to top Go down
sheddy

sheddy

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 4:01 pm

Loose1969 wrote:
I'm not as familiar with solo Iggy as I should be. YET.

But I will go so far as to agree that The Weirdness is the weakest of the official Stooges albums. The Stooges tracks off Skull Ring are a lot ballsier and sound closer to the original deal.

But with that said, I still like The Weirdness.

Feel the same.
As far as Stooges albums, The Weirdness is the weakest...still like it though, but I don't play it so often.
Back to top Go down
Lucas

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 12:16 pm

O yes, I completely forgot that one. Naughty doggie without any doubt is the worst album. Only I wanna live & To belong are great songs
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 12:55 am

"Blah Blah Blah" and "Instinct". They both make me cringe. I don't like "Party" either but I've always had a soft spot for "Bang Bang" and "Pleasure" whereas I don't like any songs on "Instinct" and "Blah Blah Blah".

"Real Wild Child" was the first Iggy song I ever heard as it was on loads of compilations I had and I despised it. Because of that it made me ignore Iggy (therefore The Stooges) completly till I heard "The Passenger".

And does anybody else think that "Cold Metal" is just a really cheesy, god-awful copy of "Raw Power"?

I would include "The Weirdness" if it wasn't for the amazing bonus tracks on the vinyl edition.
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 7:52 pm

Nadja wrote:
forgot to mention Skull Ring.

Dude, Skull Ring has Iggy's duet with Sum 31! Fuckin' rockin' stuff!! Or was it Blink 182...or Matchbox 20...or 311...

Jesus, it's Iggy...looking for mainstream commercial success...
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 8:00 pm

Quote :

Jesus, it's Iggy...looking for mainstream commercial success...

actually it was the only thing iggy had left, not only had he hit a creative block, but also they were gunna drop him from the label unless he did something, they suggested those artists too - he wanted p diddy and justin timberlake! haha
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 2:28 am

There are so many things his fans would love...an acoustic album is top o' my list.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 2:44 am

yeh ano acoustic would be great, like a jazzy thing like nigthclubbing in paris, btu unfortunately to survive in that market you have to make concessions and theyre never ''for'' the fans, we'lll just probly like it anyway, ironically we keep them goin, its like any business, do anything to get new customers and treat the old ones like crap
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 10:26 pm

mg196 wrote:
Nadja wrote:
forgot to mention Skull Ring.

Dude, Skull Ring has Iggy's duet with Sum 31! Fuckin' rockin' stuff!! .

haha, can't wait to hear it mg196!!!
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 12:45 am

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
yeh ano acoustic would be great, like a jazzy thing like nigthclubbing in paris, btu unfortunately to survive in that market you have to make concessions and theyre never ''for'' the fans, we'lll just probly like it anyway, ironically we keep them goin, its like any business, do anything to get new customers and treat the old ones like crap

That's not true. Look at the stuff Lou Reed has put out in the last 10 years!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 2:12 am

yeh, true, i didnt have lou in my head, i was thinkin more of the stones, and those major kinda ppl, lou reeds not very ''big'' - tho i didnt specify big lol

though lous not really a business model, i mean, i dunno, im not sure, im not much a fan, i have a couple albums, metal machine music, transformer obviously, berlin and a few others, my brothers the real fan
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 11:33 am

Yeah, Lou's put out some weird stuff...original stuff, recently. The Raven, which is his interpretation of Edgar Allen Poe; Hudson River Wind Meditations - I think that's a disc of ambient, meditative music; 4 or 5 live DVDs...

Lou is obviously not a "top of the charts" guy, but he is putting out a lot of material. There is no reason Iggy can't do the same.
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 12:14 am

I don't think there's any album by Stooges that could fit 'the worst' term. Even if The Weirdness ain't great, there are still good tracks on this album. At least IMHO Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 3:28 am

JamesWilliamson82 wrote:
I don't think there's any album by Stooges that could fit 'the worst' term. Even if The Weirdness ain't great, there are still good tracks on this album. At least IMHO Smile

Well said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?   Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst album with Iggy and/or Stooges?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next