Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Iggy Interview w/ Independant

Go down 
AuthorMessage
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Iggy Interview w/ Independant Empty
PostSubject: Iggy Interview w/ Independant   Iggy Interview w/ Independant Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:20 pm

one of the best answers to the ubiquitous Obama question

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/independent/2008/10/mixtape-a-few-w.html

MixTape: A few words with Iggy Pop

Iggypop01 By Larry Ryan

Iggy Pop has been knocking the hell out of rock and roll with raw power for decades, but now, as he displays his more artful side with a documentary about his painting exploits, we had a quick chat with the great man...

You reunited with the founding members of the Stooges when recording Skull Ring, do you think you will ever reunite with David Bowie to make any new music?
You never know. The way etiquette in the rock world works is that the larger giant approaches the smaller giant so that would be entirely out of my curfew.

What visual artists are you into at the moment?
Well I was watching Tracy Emin on the TV the other day, and I thought she was a hoot! Jeff Koons is a friend and I'm happy to see him do well as some people didn't get it for a while. There is a guy called Chris Ofili who did an elephant shit painting that so upset the mayor in NY; well, I think he has made some beautiful things.

There is supposed to be a film of your early career being made - have you had any input? Would you be in it?
Would you be in it? No, I don't have any input, I don't want to be in it and I don't know anything about it.

Will you release any new material/albums free online a la Radiohead?
That's not something I'm legally empowered to do at the moment, but if and when, then that's definitely my kind of thing.

What do you think of the US presidential elections? Are you an Obama booster?
I do like Barack, but the election is strange, particularly for someone of my generation to see television advertising used as the most dynamic component in the election. It's very strange because you know that advertising is at the end of the day bullshit, so in effect, we are just giving up. His adman is not as good as McCain's which is a shame. I don't know who is going to win, it's a very delicate time right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Interview w/ Independant   Iggy Interview w/ Independant Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am

this interview skips in huge steps from one to another topic.. like if they put pieces together from a much larger interview. Is it a part from that RockArt interview what will be shown the 25th?

Anyway..interesting topics..with nice smart Iggy answers. I'm curious to see and hear that interview...hope they will dig some deeper/further into Iggy's answers..and the questions.

Thnx HJW for posting!

Last edited by ZinZin on Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Interview w/ Independant   Iggy Interview w/ Independant Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:42 am

welcome zin, yeh it was probly oe quickly over the phone or after a gig or somethin, pretty random questions like u say
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Interview w/ Independant   Iggy Interview w/ Independant Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iggy Interview w/ Independant
Page 1 of 1