Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dave photos

Go down 
+16
heavy liquid
popmansam
Natalie
Aku
flipper
scott
dorianmode
Angusyd van Hyman
Loose1969
TED
homesickjameswilliamson
mc
Paul T
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
G, F#, E
Nadja
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Dave photos - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 1:24 am

Paul T wrote:
well... Id get a coupla writers like Kris Needs and Dave Thompson, and I;d write ya something. I'd get friends of Dave's like Doug Currie, and would try ex-roadies like Leo Beattie.... I'm sure I'll think of more. Oh yeah, Jimmy Silver loved Dave, we could get more from him, plus ROn Richardson, the first manager, and I'd be happy to email THe Ig to see if we could get a tribute from him. Jack WHite, too.

You could try Mike Watts direct, I bet he'd reply of he knew your website was up and running. I could interview him for ya, we could get him to go thru Dave's bass parts song by song - how cool would htat be??? Get fans to write their own tirubtes.. .. the world is yer oyster!

Quote :
wow Paul Shocked
Nadja this is an awesome opportunity to sit at the fire front row.
wow !!!! Cool

yeh zin this would be amazing, and its a great opportunity, you may even get some new stories or unseen pictures or someting! go for it Nadja!
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 11:44 am

I'm blowing hot and cold on this one. Unfortunately, when it comes to the crunch I'm still really a technophobe. I've never tried to create any websites before and I don't know if I'd be able to maintain it, but this means a lot to me and it would be great... and Paul you've sure got the right contacts... Very Happy and the thought of NEW information, wow......ohh I don't know, I'm agonizing about this one. :wacko: Wish someone else'd do it and then let me join in haha
thanks again anyway Paul
Back to top Go down
Paul T

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 12:31 pm

It doesn't have to be techically tricky. I think you could simply do this on Blogger, or a similar site, then link it to dave-alexander.com

Don't you have any web-savvy friends you can talk into helping you? Even a five or 10 page site would give Dave a presence on the web and prevent Dave fro slipping into oblivion!

Just think of all those people googling him who find that horrible fat dude in a hat?
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 2:17 pm

Paul T wrote:

Just think of all those people googling him who find that horrible fat dude in a hat?

haha, I haven't had this experience myself, thank goodness
yeh, I'll have to talk someone into helping me alright...get over this pyschological block
anyway, I never expected to start talking about creating websites when I started this thread. It's certainly given me something to think about.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 11:26 pm

Do it Nadja !
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 11:39 pm

thanks for the continuing encouragement JLTS
Back to top Go down
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 2:14 am

C'mon Shake... Nadja ..... your little Dave
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 3:47 am

wow that website freaked me out G!

not initally, i laughed first

but just cause it reminded me of Velvet Goldmine, im not gonna ruin it for anyone who hasnt seen it cuase its a cool movie, but those that have will probly get what i mean, just freaked me out lol

HJW
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 1:59 pm

TED wrote:
C'mon Shake... Nadja ..... your little Dave

OK, I know I SHOULD do this...can't concentrate on anything else now anyway Freaking Out
Back to top Go down
TED
TED

PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 3:52 pm

Do it Nadja, and with all the contacts Paul can throw at you it should be a great site.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 5:43 pm

yeh, those contacts, including Iggy...Iggy's really sounded very appreciative of Dave's bass-playing in recent interviews...he says he appreciates that kind of subtle quality Dave had as a bassist more now than he did at the time... nice to read those kind of remarks from him Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 9:47 pm

Nadja wrote:
Paul T wrote:

haha, I haven't had this experience myself, thank goodness
yeh, I'll have to talk someone into helping me alright...get over this pyschological block
anyway, I never expected to start talking about creating websites when I started this thread. It's certainly given me something to think about.

Nice thread!

And if you need some help in creating a website count me in. Let me know exactly what you have in mind if interested... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 9:53 pm

wow...thanks Loose!!
I've just been thinking about ya actually! that great photo you posted a while back with that gorgeous Dave T-shirt!!! That's the kind of thing I don't forget!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 9:54 pm

Nadja wrote:
wow...thanks Loose!!
I've just been thinking about ya actually! that great photo you posted a while back with that gorgeous Dave T-shirt!!! That's the kind of thing I don't forget!! cheers

Check your PM box...
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 9:59 pm

that is MIGHTY kind of ya Loose - thanks a million! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 10:05 pm

My pleasure! I need to get back into the world of classic Stooges anyway...been away for a few weeks.

Can't get enough of the real deal. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 10:12 pm

why, what could possibly have kept you away Wink
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 10:17 pm

My own musical project, combined with work. But things are settling down nicely. Time to rejoin the fun house and have a real cool time... Wink
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 11:36 pm

Glad to hear it, Loose. Smile
Back to top Go down
TED
TED

PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 12:24 am

Hey Nadja did you think more about your site ?
Didn't Dave do 'DIRT' ....... and more?
Good name for a site
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 4:19 pm

interesting idea thanks TED! Smile
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 9:28 pm

Personally I think you should see how cheaply you can buy www.dave-alexander.com Nadja. Just an idea Smile
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 10:15 pm

haha, I have to have SOME money before I can buy it
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 2:05 am

His eyes are so damn blue

Dave photos - Page 2 Dave_a10
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 3:00 pm

WOW...that is such a stunner of a pic!! how good it is to see it so big!!!! complete heaven Very Happy
why does he look so miserable...so damn attractive as well!!!!!!!!!!!
and he had blue eyes?! never really noticed the colour of his eyes before, it's the expression in them that's captivated me so...

THANKS mc!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dave photos
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next