Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dave photos

Go down 
+16
heavy liquid
popmansam
Natalie
Aku
flipper
scott
dorianmode
Angusyd van Hyman
Loose1969
TED
homesickjameswilliamson
mc
Paul T
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
G, F#, E
Nadja
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Dave photos - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 2:51 pm

thank you TED! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scott

scott

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 4:23 pm

ZinZin wrote:
Angusyd van Hyman wrote:
I agree, this pic is absolutely gorgeous. His eyes almost look too blue.
hmm I have a slight feeling that the photo is manipulated.. i would say that light in the surrounding could never give such an intense colour of blue in his eyes.. maybe mc know's more about this Question

Wow, awesome thread!! And I'll throw in my two cents and say 'Nadja, you should definitely start that Dave site!!!'.

That image of Dave has most likely had some enhancement done for the eyes. Like Zin Zin states, the ambient light overall would not produce such a pronounced blue, unless someone was using a bounce card or the like to throw extra light on that area. I do a lot of Photoshopping for my job, and to me it seems like they are 'doctored' a bit. It is, however, a very stunning image!
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 5:18 pm

scott wrote:
[
It is, however, a very stunning image!

yes, isn't it Smile

thanks for that info scott... and for yr encouragement!
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 9:57 am

Nadja wrote:
Paul T wrote:
well... Id get a coupla writers like Kris Needs and Dave Thompson, and I;d write ya something. I'd get friends of Dave's like Doug Currie, and would try ex-roadies like Leo Beattie.... I'm sure I'll think of more. Oh yeah, Jimmy Silver loved Dave, we could get more from him, plus ROn Richardson, the first manager, and I'd be happy to email THe Ig to see if we could get a tribute from him. Jack WHite, too.

You could try Mike Watts direct, I bet he'd reply of he knew your website was up and running. I could interview him for ya, we could get him to go thru Dave's bass parts song by song - how cool would htat be??? Get fans to write their own tirubtes.. .. the world is yer oyster!

hey Paul, I know it's been awhile but are you still up for any of this? Cuz I'm starting that site!!!!

Paul, did you get my PM on this?
Back to top Go down
flipper

flipper

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Dave photos   Dave photos - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 5:40 am

G, F#, E wrote:
No he was on stage but he was fired after the show. He was up on stage but couldn't play.

And its good to have some photos of Chicago since its one of the few 1970 shows that has an audio recording. cheers

He's not on stage in this clip anyway..