Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album?

Go down 
+4
Nadja
Shakes
homesickjameswilliamson
Borntohula
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Borntohula

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2007-02-28

Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album? Empty
PostSubject: Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album?   Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 1:01 pm

Should we try it? Sign a petition and then show it to the lads. I'd be stoned happy if I got myself a Stooges-bluesed up version of the song. With a saxophone freak out in the end of it cyclops

I mean. They should abide if we really mad fer it, shoulndt they👽 ?
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album?   Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 1:19 pm

good idea borntohula, but i think its against their 'not a reunion' ethos that they have goin

plus we have pretty good recordings of it, so i wouldnt want a new studio version really

and, as a fan of the weirdness, i cant wait to hear new material

though we do need a new live album!! esp since the inclusion of i got a right, search and raw power! i mean its just a requisite, maybe EasyAction can do something for us!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album?   Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 3:04 pm

i also think that Stooges aim on new material albums.. which is good!

What about to make a (wishes to play) list from the die-hards (assume we are) to play at the gig to be recorded for a new live album!!
I want Dirt to get back on the setlist.. yeha..and a bluesed up + sax version of I Got a Right.. to give it a start.
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album?   Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 6:15 pm

i would personally rather see them do 'ann' and 'we will fall'. it most likely won't happen, but if it did then we would cover all bases on the first and second album. that, along with the weirdness is how i think it should be. i think that the post fun house/raw power material is just a different animal that should be buried.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album?   Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 6:23 pm

'Ann's a great shout... totally agree with that.
Back to top Go down
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album?   Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 6:46 pm

I'm also finding the Williamson stuff painful to listen to. I much prefer the 1st two albums.
Although I do love Kill City.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album?   Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 6:48 pm

what, you don't like the williamson stuff TED?
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album?   Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 6:53 pm

i love all the albums equally, different albums for different moods, i love williamsons guitar -and rons i dunno, i love all stooges tstuff, havent found a bad song - how is it painful to listen to ted?

yeh, ann and even we iwll fall would be great, but ann esp, and dance of romance, doubt they would do it, it would slow down the setlist, and its a pretty highoctane beast, maybe theyll change the ethos of the gig and do it, dunno, up to them i guess
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

PostSubject: Re: Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album?   Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 7:08 pm

i mean, don't get me wrong .. i love 'i got a right' and it's wonderful to hear it live, but i just don't feel it connects with this band.

i remember reading some where once that iggy really didn't care for the "iggy & the stooges" billing, and said "we are THE STOOGES", he preferred that one apparently (and i don't blame him, because i always saw the asheton/pop/watt lineup as just that..) i mean, if that is apparently so, wouldn't 'raw power' material be off limits?

is it great to hear these tunes live? sure, it beats hearing the same old set list over and over, but they don't interest me in the slightest. actually 'raw power' rarely gets any plays from me compared to the first two stooges albums. i remember in philly 2007, some guy was yelling "shake appeal!", and i just had to roll my eyes and laugh.

i would rather see them bring up stuff from the weirdness no matter how much people panned the record. and i also have to say, bring back dirt!
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album?   Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 7:10 pm

pretty much agree with everything you've just said shakes
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album?   Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 7:13 pm

Nadja wrote:
pretty much agree with everything you've just said shakes
Me too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album?   Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 7:29 pm

I'd like a live album off all "The Weirdness" material, it sounds so much better live.

I'm looking forward to hearing "God Is Dead" Very Happy

I was lucky enough to see them play "Dirt", for me "I Wanna Be Your Dog" is the only song that is better. (Thats out of any any songs played ever)

On a final note I've said it before and I'll say it again, "Ann" would be a great opener. You've got a gentle wah guitar all the festival crowds are thinking "What the fuck?" then suddenly BANG! the "Dance Of Romance" section. That would be mindblowing.
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

PostSubject: Re: Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album?   Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 7:47 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
I'd like a live album off all "The Weirdness" material, it sounds so much better live.

I was lucky enough to see them play "Dirt", for me "I Wanna Be Your Dog" is the only song that is better. (Thats out of any any songs played ever)

i remember thinking that some of the stuff they played on the les prives t.v. show in france wasn't that bad. one hell of a performance too. i was excited back when they did the sxsw festival + in-store at waterloo (which i tried to get to) and debuted such stuff as 'atm'. but then i remember reading an interview, i think it was iggy, saying how they did stuff off the album to see "people's reactions" basically meaning that if people weren't into certain songs they'd get the axe.

out of the four times i saw them live (and lucky enough to bombard the stage the same amount), they always played 'dirt'. it really has what i think is one of dave's best moments at playing, along with 'fun house'. kinda sad to see it go.
Back to top Go down
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album?   Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 9:02 pm

I think Williamson was bad news for the Stooges
and now I find his guitar style very abrasive.
I would love Iggy to change his live set a bit ...... I think 5 years of the same old same old is really pushing it.
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

PostSubject: Re: Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album?   Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 10:14 pm

I like my Iggy Pop as two albums at a time. The two first Stooges ones. Raw Power and Metallic Ko. Lust for life and The idiot.
I think much of what he does shares that kind of pattern. At least his best, in my opinion, stuff.
I hope that the new album goes funhouse on the wierdness. Flat out mad and twice times more brutal.

And as someone pointed out. "God is dead". I think the song title fits the bill of a Stooges song. The directed titles but still poetic flowy from the first ones are in it.
It has some of the free form anarchy of I wanna be your dog with the direct meaning that Loose and Not right holds.
I hope they make the most of the words in it too. As they did in their debut, according to some interviews with Iggy. Not anything about eating fucking pizza and meeting his girlfriend as End of Christianity turned out to be...

But I must say that I don't feel the I got right as complete. I mean, it's really awesome. But still, it could go further if it was recorded for real.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album?   Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 11:00 pm

Borntohula wrote:
I hope they make the most of the words in it too. As they did in their debut, according to some interviews with Iggy. Not anything about eating fucking pizza and meeting his girlfriend as End of Christianity turned out to be...

hehe, yeh I've never understood how he gets from talking about girls to talking about the end of Christianity on that song...a real non-sequitur it seems to me
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

PostSubject: Re: Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album?   Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 11:35 pm

Nadja wrote:

hehe, yeh I've never understood how he gets from talking about girls to talking about the end of Christianity on that song...a real non-sequitur it seems to me

I saw some talk he had about the wierdness having these stupid lyrics, as they was supposed to have on the old records.
But I don't think it struck him that well that the old ones where stupid because of the fact that they used so few words.
I mean. I'v even had a nightmare about Loose having lyrics about eating hotdogs. I'm serious.
I don't want them to go there. Ever! No social commentry about eating pizza(leave that to Turbonegro with their "Age of Pamparius" song) but make it count with commentry about having none of the social bit. Or just getting to it with someone, like Real cool time. The kind of love songs you actually can learn some stuff from Wink
Back to top Go down
berlinberlin

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album?   Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 1:39 pm

I love that song, but NO....keep it as it is! I would prefer new material but also a live-version of "the weirdness " would be pretty cool...
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album?   Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 8:17 pm

Borntohula wrote:
like Real cool time. The kind of love songs you actually can learn some stuff from Wink

Yeah "cause its love, yeah I do believe" Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album?   Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Try to demand that I got right get's on the new album?
Page 1 of 1