Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

James Williamson news

Go down 
+22
James W. Harris
Stranger09
popmansam
saichan
Radish
napalm_cheetah
dorianmode
Nitebob
neven
james matlock
JW82
Nadja
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
mc
MJG196
Lucas
homesickjameswilliamson
Shakes
G, F#, E
adams66
Loose1969
dereksee
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Shakes

Shakes

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-12-08

James Williamson news - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Williamson news   James Williamson news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 11:45 pm

i will probably check this out. hahahahahaha.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson news   James Williamson news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 11:48 pm

mg196 wrote:
I've always been under the impression James wanted nothing to do with music anymore.
!

same here!! Surprised Surprised Surprised

interesting story thanks dereksee

I don't like Raw Power that much but that's NOT to say I don't rate James's playing. It's just that in my opinion he did a WHOLE lot more interesting stuff than what's on RP.
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson news   James Williamson news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 12:01 am

D.A.M.N. I wish that I lived in California or just in the U.S. or had any money to fly before 23rd Jan! I would take my guitar and ask James if he could sign it! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson news   James Williamson news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 12:08 am

Personally I'd love to meet James. Yeah, I'm more of a Ron fan, but so what? Kill City is a fucking monster of an album. And James was a GIANT part of that. Besides, I'm just nuts enough to hit him up for a lil' jam session sometime. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson news   James Williamson news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 12:40 am

Sounds like a really cool guy as well - not the Prince of Darkness that he's been made out to be in certain interviews.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson news   James Williamson news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 12:44 am

mc wrote:
Sounds like a really cool guy as well - not the Prince of Darkness that he's been made out to be in certain interviews.

yeh, ano, where did tht come from? lol tho i suppose its the same as iggy, ppl are always weirded out by how hes an exremely intelligent and charming kinda guy u'no, dunno, paul said in the book or the website that he put up a front because of personal insecurties
Back to top Go down
james matlock

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson news   James Williamson news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 1:11 am

great stuff. i hope the article gets posted here, i'd love to read it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson news   James Williamson news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 1:40 am

Oh My dereksee...that is a great experience and story!!
miracles do happen.. pfwieeew.

Look very much forward to read that article too.
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson news   James Williamson news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 2:15 am

Dude, that is AWESOME! Thanks for the info! I'm surprised you haven't plugged your band, here. Or did I miss it...
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
dereksee

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson news   James Williamson news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 2:25 am

Nah, I don't want to plug my band here. We play roots rock kinda stuff, and while we are all Stooges fans, our sound is far removed from what they did.
Back to top Go down
http://dereksdaily45.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson news   James Williamson news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 2:41 pm

dereksee wrote:
Nah, I don't want to plug my band here. We play roots rock kinda stuff, and while we are all Stooges fans, our sound is far removed from what they did.
A whole band.. ALL Stooges fans.. now that is TOTALLY special.. you lucky one!!
As Stooges fan.. my tastes for music also spread out to far areas 'outside'.
I'm honestly curious what music a band makes nowadays with ALL Stooges fans musicians Question
would be cool to plug yr band here!
Back to top Go down
dereksee

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson news   James Williamson news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 6:33 pm

OK, since you asked so nicely...We are called Careless Hearts (our website is www.carelesshearts.com). we all have very wide influences, for sure. Brian, who is our bass player, is the one who did the restoration work on James' Les Paul, too (he's photographed with it in the magazine). Both the lead singer and myself played Stooges covers starting in our high school era bands, and our drummer has been in many San Jose punk bands as well and plays quite a bit like Scottie. Wish I would have known about this forum sooner; seems like a really cool bunch (I would expect no less from Stooges fans!)

I was lucky to be exposed to The Stooges and Iggy when I was very young. When I was 7, my step father got the drummer's chair on the Zombie Birdhouse tour (Larry Mysliwiec; the one who is mentioned as being "freaked out" in the "Open Up And Bleed" book). I was lucky enough to see a few shows at that young age that I remember clearly that blew my mind, and we had the Stooges albums around that I used to go crazy listening to.

So, yes, it's a huge thrill that i was involved not only is this article but got to meet Ron as well in Austin '01. Guess my Stooge karma is good Smile

Last edited by dereksee on Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson news   James Williamson news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 6:37 pm

dereksee wrote:
He was on vacation in hawaii, and was visiting a local music store. Two kids were (probably influenced by its' appearance in "Guitar hero" trying to work out "Search And Destroy". They were having a hrad time, and he walked up to them and said "hi, I actually wrote that song and I can help you guys out if you like"

Shocked

THAT

IS

FUCKING

AMAZING

Wow. Very Happy James sounds like a nice guy, hes often made out to be the guy that kicked Ron out of the band but I don't think it was like that at all. Maybe Iggy just wanted to try something new, saying that Ig could have handled it better rather than just sidelining Ron. Now what I would love to see is...

A gig in this order: selection of tracks off "The Stooges", followed by some stuff off of "Fun House", then James comes in and they do some 1971 stuff, then a selection of stuff of "Raw Power" and finish with some of "The Weirdness" and new stuff Very Happy

That would be my dream gig Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson news   James Williamson news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 7:23 pm

dereksee wrote:
OK, since you asked so nicely...We are called Careless Hearts (our website is www.carelesshearts.com). we all have very wide influences, for sure. Brian, who is our bass player, is the one who did the restoration work on James' Les Paul, too (he's photographed with it in the magazine). Both the lead singer and myself played Stooges covers starting in our high school era bands, and our drummer has been in many San Jose punk bands as well and plays quite a bit like Scottie. Wish I would have known about this forum sooner; seems like a really cool bunch (I would expect no less from Stooges fans!)

I was lucky to be exposed to The Stooges and Iggy when I was very young. When I was 7, my step father got the drummer's chair on the Zombie Birdhouse tour (Larry Mysliwiec; the one who is mentioned as being "freaked out" in the "Open Up And Bleed" book). I was lucky enough to see a few shows at that young age that I remember clearly that blew my mind, and we had the Stooges albums around that I used to go crazy listening to.

So, yes, it's a huge thrill that i was involved not only is this article but got to meet Ron as well in Austin '01. Guess my Stooge karma is good Smile

yeh!! meeting Ron too...I'm assuming that must've been good!!!!!!!

thanks for all this info Smile
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson news   James Williamson news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 8:51 pm

Larry from the birdhouse tour is your step father ??
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson news   James Williamson news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 9:01 pm

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:
Larry from the birdhouse tour is your step father ??

no. he was saying that his step father got larry's chair from the birdhouse tour.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson news   James Williamson news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 9:07 pm

Oh, thanks.
Back to top Go down
dereksee

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson news   James Williamson news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 9:14 pm

actually, no. larry is in fact my step father.
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson news   James Williamson news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 9:20 pm

damn you context! hahaha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson news   James Williamson news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 9:44 pm

Thanks for the great info and link!! Cool
it looks good and pretty prof. that album.
so interesting with what Stooges fans can come up with.

super that yr here on this forum
if you got more of such experiences and stories please feel free to tell us..
i wanna hear them all!
Back to top Go down
dereksee

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson news   James Williamson news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 10:46 pm

Probably my favorite story is when I met iggy backstage in '82. I was 7 years old and fascinated with rock n roll. I told him how much I liked rock n roll and Search And Destroy was my favorite song. I'll never forget that deep Jim Osterberg voice saying "Oh, you like that, huh, you have good taste." And he chuckled and talked to me like I was another adult about the Beatles and other music. It was really amazing and I remember it clear as day. He signed an autograph for me and drew the breaking point tour logo penis and my mom took it away from me later on! thought it was a melting ice cube! It's fun sharing these stories as they are such great memories.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson news   James Williamson news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 10:51 pm

wow cool, you're a lucky guy dereksee!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson news   James Williamson news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 11:43 pm

wow. that's definitely a cool and nice story man cyclops

yep.. this is a good place to drop all you know and experiences if you like pirat what about gig reports!
it's so exciting i know.. to experience a direct confrontation with the people who r inspiring you that much.

But 7 and Search?! that's a pretty heavy mature taste for a kid.
well.. i was 11 and totally into Lust For Life.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson news   James Williamson news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 5:46 am

Wow, so Larry is your step father. That's awesome !

What's Larry do these days ?

More stories ! Wink

PS - Zin, remember I first saw Iggy in concert when I was 8 Wink
Back to top Go down
dereksee

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson news   James Williamson news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 7:25 pm

Larry is a (gasp!) police officer in Indiana.

One other story about the tour was the show in Madison, WI. I was there with my mom, and Larry's mother. Iggy talked to all of us beforehand and knew about Larry's elderly mother in the audience. Didn't stop him from exposing himself and doing a windmill impersonation with his schlong. Funny stuff. When I told my girlfriend this story, she asked if I remembered what I thought. I think I remember laughing and thinking it was really funny until mom put her hand over my eyes so I wouldn't see anymore. I'd never seen films of the Beatles doing that...

Other than that, the only other story is one that I'm very proud of. When Blah Blah Blah came out, iggy did a record signing at Tower records in Torrence, CA. We were there, and Iggy actually remembered my name and said "you're the little rock n roll kid!" Needless to say, my (now) 10 year old self felt pretty cool that the Godfather of punk rock remembered my name.

I'm the guy that "liberated" the '82 NYC rehearsals recording, too, about 12 years ago to Greg Shaw. Don't have any other recordings though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Williamson news   James Williamson news - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

James Williamson news
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next