Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Memories of Ron

Go down 
+12
trailerborn
Rode Hard
Radish
Angusyd van Hyman
Nadja
popmansam
JW82
homesickjameswilliamson
heavy liquid
EmmaUK
Loose1969
G, F#, E
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Nitebob

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Memories of Ron - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memories of Ron   Memories of Ron - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 7:30 pm

When I worked with the Stooges in 1973 post Raw Power, there was a band vibe, not a hired hand one. I think the post Raw Power tracks feature very creative bass playing.

nitebob
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Memories of Ron   Memories of Ron - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 7:36 pm

Absolutely, the bass on Head On is fantastic. Definitely one of my favorite Stooges songs.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Memories of Ron   Memories of Ron - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 7:38 pm

Nitebob wrote:
When I worked with the Stooges in 1973 post Raw Power, there was a band vibe, not a hired hand one. I think the post Raw Power tracks feature very creative bass playing.

nitebob

Good point Smile It just seems Ron was a bit bitter about being dropped as guitarist to bassist, I know I would be.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Memories of Ron   Memories of Ron - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 7:53 pm

Yes he might have been bitter but at least he and Iggy made their peace in after years and the reunion happened etc. So there's not much point in dwelling on it.
Back to top Go down
Billias1988

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Memories of Ron   Memories of Ron - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 12:23 pm

I remember seeing ron in july 2007 in greece and i was blown away by this really cool big sound of the guitar.Man it is too bad that he left this stupid world anyway.RIP RON
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Memories of Ron   Memories of Ron - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Memories of Ron
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: