Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past

Go down 
+16
mc
mark
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
the5thramone37
bam
Paul T
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
iggy-fan
gabs
adams66
Colin Chaos
Borntohula
ZenDog
dtklamf
heavy liquid
seventeen
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past   The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 4:55 pm

I have both of those versions of Metallic K.O aswell. I don't have Night of the Iguana though.

I Got A Right
iggy-fan

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past   The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 6:31 pm

There´re 12 versions of M KO on vinyl as far as I know.
Back to top Go down
http://goto.glocalnet.net/iggy-fanpage/
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past   The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 1:54 am

There's also 'The Michigan Palace' on Bomp! That one I like!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
seventeen

seventeen

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past   The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 9:44 am

Michigan palace on Bomp is disc 2 of Metallic KO Jungle in complete and listenable form
Back to top Go down
http://www.seventeenrecords.com
Paul T

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past   The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 2:39 pm

The original tapes were edited. Michael Tipton, who recorded them, was worried he would run out of tape - he told me there was much more haranguing of the audience, particularly on the second night.

As detailed in OU&B, Tipton also taped the bootleg purporting to be of the Stooges last show at Wampelrs Lake in 1971, with songs like 'Ron's Jam' and 'What's You gonna Do' -but, as a careful listen will demonstrate, it's not Iggy singing, it's a guy called Steve Richards.
Back to top Go down
seventeen

seventeen

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past   The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 6:22 pm

Where were camcorders when you really needed them ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.seventeenrecords.com
bam

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-05-10

PostSubject: Re: The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past   The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2007 2:18 pm

i only have the Bomp! version, tobad that the tape ran out exactly when open up and bleed got interesting ..
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past   The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 4:44 pm

Interesting that Michael Tipton also recorded a 1971 concert.
Do you know if any more than "Ron's jam" and "What You Gonna Do" (usually credited to 1968 or 1969 on bootlegs and semi official releases) still exist?
It would be amazing if a decent quality 1971 concert would eventually turn up - preferably one with Iggy!
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
Paul T

PostSubject: Re: The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past   The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 12:35 am

Re 1971; there's one boot out there which is often labeled at St Louis, but I believe is St Charles. Has I Got A Right and Fresh Rag amongst others. It's the twin lead guitar Stooges with both Ron and James... but not as good as you would think.
Suggests that Don Gallucci might even have had good reason for telling Bill Harvey not to pick up the Stooges' option.

Then there's another tape, on cassette, probably of a whole gig -= the guy who taped it played it for me. From Chicago, if memory serves, late on, maybe May 71, hjaven't checked. It was a racket, but in a good way - just a maelstrom of guitars, sounded much more like a cross between Fun House and Raw POwer. But it was lo fi, and it might be that more than five minutes of it would sound repetitive. Easy Action, and perhaps other people, are trying to get hold of it I believe.

I think Ron's Jam and What You Gonna Do are more or less it from that final, Iggy-less concert with Ron, Scott and Jimmy Recca.
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past   The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 8:53 am

Yeah, the St Louis / St Charles show is amzingly poor quality. I remember when that came out on vinyl back in the late 1980s. I was so pleased to be able to get hold of a 1971 Stooges gig, but somewhat disappointed when I played the thing. Buried in the muddy sound are some quite cool riif / tunes though.
I still secretly hope that someone, somewhere has a good quality recording of the James and Ron on guitars line-up. Good luck Easy Action!

Isn't there a tape of a 1970 Stooges show (Ungano's?) out there now? That would be excellent. I wish someone would upload this to Dimeadozen or one of the other file sharing sites.

Cheers,

Richard
Back to top Go down
Paul T

PostSubject: Re: The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past   The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 12:40 pm

There is an Ungano's tape. It is (or was) owned by the guy who sold the Stooges out-takes to Rhino and is bound to make it out eventually. AS I recall the sound quality is decent at least, and the performance is excellent.

It might well be this night that Iggy talked Bill Harvey into buuyuing him a mound of cocaine, and The Pharoah found his heroin connection... plus it would be Zeke on bass and Bill Cheatham on second guitar, both of them dead now...hence it's the Stooges, just before their plunge into The Abyss.
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past   The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 9:33 am

Iggy and his damn drugs. lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
the5thramone37
Dog Food
the5thramone37

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past   The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 11:03 pm

i just bought a metallic ko album today and im a little confused as to which copy it is cause theres a few differences to it. Its a blue sleeve and the albums black with the titles1.Raw Power2.Head On3.Gimmie Danger4.Rich Bitch5.Cock In My Pocket6.Louie Louie. the thing is, its a like europe promontional copy that comes with a free iron on with it. Does anyone know if this is good or not?
Back to top Go down
iggy-fan
I Got A Right
iggy-fan

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past   The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 11:25 pm

the5thramone37 wrote:
i just bought a metallic ko album today and im a little confused as to which copy it is cause theres a few differences to it. Its a blue sleeve and the albums black with the titles1.Raw Power2.Head On3.Gimmie Danger4.Rich Bitch5.Cock In My Pocket6.Louie Louie. the thing is, its a like europe promontional copy that comes with a free iron on with it. Does anyone know if this is good or not?

It´s the US original press.
Back to top Go down
http://goto.glocalnet.net/iggy-fanpage/
the5thramone37
Dog Food
the5thramone37

PostSubject: Re: The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past   The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 4:35 am

thanks alot iggy-fan........does anyone happen to have any mp3 audio of the metallic ko album?
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past   The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 4:41 am

the5thramone37 wrote:
thanks alot iggy-fan........does anyone happen to have any mp3 audio of the metallic ko album?

i have the LP, and the 2x ko cd version. but its orderable on amazon and stuff. and you really should buy a copy. its the right thing to do. besides there's a new version comming out soon i think. with a correction in speed and stuff Smile
Back to top Go down
the5thramone37
Dog Food
the5thramone37

PostSubject: Re: The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past   The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 4:45 am

alright, sick dude, thanks! do you know when it will be out?
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past   The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 4:47 am

Soon. october i think ?
Back to top Go down
the5thramone37
Dog Food
the5thramone37

PostSubject: Re: The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past   The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 4:49 am

greatttttt..thanks man
Back to top Go down
mark

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past   The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 5:59 pm

I'm just wrestling with all these versions of Metallic KO, and how to get hold of the complete 9 Feb '74 show in the best available quality. The Oct '73 show is well covered on the Bomp Michigan Palace CD, so we don't need to worry about that one, right?

If I get the new speed-corrected Jungle CD for Rich Bitch, Cock in My Pocket and Louie Louie, and Skydog's (I Got) Nothing CD for Gimme Danger, Open Up and Bleed and Heavy Liquid, will I be able to glue the two together for a complete 9 Feb '74? Or are there some bits that are still only available on that rare '80s Skydog edition?
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2007-02-28

PostSubject: Re: The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past   The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 7:02 pm

Mine's a 1976 skydog blue vinyl. I found it for some 7 dollars or something in Stockholm. A little rip on the package, but othervice a mint vinyl.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past   The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 8:31 pm

I got the Skydog needle drop 2xKO CD, if you want to sample a song or two from it for quality purposes let me know.

I sold the Jungle 2CD as it was crap sounding in comparison.
Back to top Go down
Blitzkid

Blitzkid

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past   The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 11:09 pm

So, all in all... Considering I don't have the album yet, which version is the one to get? The Skydog vinyl with blue cover?
Back to top Go down
Tippi

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-01-29

PostSubject: Re: The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past   The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 2:35 pm

Hi Guys,
I have just registrated in this forum because I revived my "Old Iggy & The Stooges-Love" by buying that original Metallic-KO-Skydog LP in a newly opened "Vinyl Store" in lower saxony / Germany by accident for 15 €. Maybe it was even lucky chance ? Though the LP is in mint condition and is a " 1976 Skydog Records IMP 1015, Licensed by skydog records france", there are some remarkable datas on the backside which make my believe this LP is either a very rare version or yet a strange bootleg .? Maybe anyone could help ...
The backside title is : Open up and bleed - the last ever iggy and the stooges show - michigan palace detrot
then follows : band members; mixage: marc zermati, coverdesign : michael beal
then : EUROPE ONLY: IGGY POP FAN CLUB - HAGENRING 21 - 33. BRAUNSCHWEIG W.GERMANY
Besides the picture of the band it says : "the noise you har on this disc is from the original tape used to document the stooges´last stand. This is NOT a defect in mastering or pressing." :-)
Beneath the picture, still below the 10 titles, it says :
"Manufactured by import records, then the usual Warning-advice, then :
"Distributed by jem records, inc. South plainfield, N.J. 07080, Reseda, California 91335"
"Made in USA"

I´m going forward to buy me also the double LP. Thankyou threadstarter for giving the survey of the differnet versions / labels of the double-Metallic-KO by skydog ;-)
It´d be kind if anyone could tell about the usual price in excellent to mint condition. I´m not experienced with LP-market-prices and don´t want to feel angry by getting to know that I´ve paid too much afterwards. Maybe anyone could also make me an offer ...?

Is it right that the "original" skydog mid-eighties double-lp has the pictures with "nazi"-ron throttling bloody iggy on an innersleeve ? I´ve seen that by surfing in the internet, but I don´t get to the homepage anymore.

Best regards, Tippi
Back to top Go down
Doojiman121

Doojiman121

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past   The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 9:20 pm

Hi, i am very confused by all these different versions of the last Iggy & the Stooges show.
But is there any CD or LP with the whole 9th februari 1973 show on? I mean, i don't even know exactly wich songs they played (all songs they did that night).
All these records is one thing... but the show is an other thing.

I got the Metallic K.O, by Jungle Records.
Is Disc 1 (1974) all the songs they played that night?, because i read somewhere about that it's the last half of the show..
..yes very confused i am.

But i would appreciate some help. i don't care much about sound quality, i just want the show in the right order the songs should be, (and all songs). If that even possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past   The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The original Metallic KO album... (was) lost in the past
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next