Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Updated gig list

Go down 
+13
MJG196
stooges
studioguy
Perdu
Nadja
Natalie
mark
Petrie Terrace
the5thramone37
pernil
Iguanas
mc
Funhousehideaway#2
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ggriffin

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Updated gig list - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated gig list   Updated gig list - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 5:58 am

Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Updated gig list   Updated gig list - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 11:20 pm

Seems the Harmonyville Festival 4-9 August 1970 was cancelled: http://pokono-ramona-stories.blogspot.co.uk/2008/04/woodstock-meets-walpack.html
Back to top Go down
Stoob

Stoob

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Updated gig list   Updated gig list - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 6:36 am

studioguy wrote:
Natalie

Did the Stooges ever play Minneapolis? The list shows a '71 show with the 2 guitar line up, but my bass player swears he saw them with the original lineup in '70 doing some sort of Detroit package show.

I saw The Stooges at the Depot in 1970 on May 8th or 9th. Iggy was all silver glittered up and audience diving, which in turn made my friends and myself covered in silver glitter by the end of the show. He was outrageous, he would spin around and wrap himself up in the microphone cord and spit into the air and try to hit himself with it. Someone in the audience brought a loaf of bread into the show and was throwing it at him and yelling, "rye bread", Iggy got over to the person and shoved the bread down his and the guy who was throwing the bread at him pants. I didn't catch the meaning of that action, but it was funny. He also got up to the second floor and was dancing on the railing, which is only about 6 inches wide, I thought for sure he was going to be a casualty.

They also used to play at Duffy's about once a year in the early 80s, usually in November. Iggy was approachable at those concerts I talked to him on his break just about every year. Great shows all, never saw a bad one.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Updated gig list   Updated gig list - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 12:43 am

Stoob wrote:
studioguy wrote:
Natalie

Did the Stooges ever play Minneapolis? The list shows a '71 show with the 2 guitar line up, but my bass player swears he saw them with the original lineup in '70 doing some sort of Detroit package show.

I saw The Stooges at the Depot in 1970 on May 8th or 9th. Iggy was all silver glittered up and audience diving, which in turn made my friends and myself covered in silver glitter by the end of the show. He was outrageous, he would spin around and wrap himself up in the microphone cord and spit into the air and try to hit himself with it. Someone in the audience brought a loaf of bread into the show and was throwing it at him and yelling, "rye bread", Iggy got over to the person and shoved the bread down his and the guy who was throwing the bread at him pants. I didn't catch the meaning of that action, but it was funny. He also got up to the second floor and was dancing on the railing, which is only about 6 inches wide, I thought for sure he was going to be a casualty.

They also used to play at Duffy's about once a year in the early 80s, usually in November. Iggy was approachable at those concerts I talked to him on his break just about every year. Great shows all, never saw a bad one.

Always good to hear from people who saw the 1968-1974 era Stooges, cheers Stoob.
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Updated gig list   Updated gig list - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 3:20 pm

mc wrote:

Always good to hear from people who saw the 1968-1974 era Stooges, cheers Stoob.

I'll second that mc.
I love hearing stories about what the band was like, back in the day. You can't beat original first hand reports. Welcome aboard Stoob.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
Stoob

Stoob

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Updated gig list   Updated gig list - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 4:08 pm

adams66 wrote:
mc wrote:

I'll second that mc.
I love hearing stories about what the band was like, back in the day. You can't beat original first hand reports. Welcome aboard Stoob.
Cheers,
Richard

Thanks all for the welcome. I was going through ticket stubs I have saved over the years and I found an Iggy Pop stub from October 11, 1990 at First Avenue in Minneapolis. Plus a couple Minnesota Fighting Saints stubs from 1974.

Stoob
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Updated gig list   Updated gig list - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 12:59 am

Flyer confirming the 25th July 1970 Wamplers Lake Pavilion show:

Updated gig list - Page 3 Stooge10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Updated gig list   Updated gig list - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Updated gig list
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3