Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Eric Benson

Go down 
+9
cb
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
JW82
Lucas
homesickjameswilliamson
trailerborn
Donald
TED
world's forgotten boy
13 posters
AuthorMessage
world's forgotten boy

world's forgotten boy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2008-04-12

Eric Benson Empty
PostSubject: Eric Benson   Eric Benson Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 6:13 am

I've been thinking about htis lately. I heard in interviews about Iggy's son Eric. But I've never heard anything mch more about him except that he's a musicsian too... Why dosen't he have his fathers name Osterberg for example?

Answers?

Discuss guys! Smile
Back to top Go down
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

Eric Benson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric Benson   Eric Benson Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:31 pm

Eric's Mums surname is Benson
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Eric Benson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric Benson   Eric Benson Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 3:12 pm

He used to work for Iggy. He was a common sight in the late nineties dragging Iggy out of the pit and protecting him from fans.
Back to top Go down
world's forgotten boy

world's forgotten boy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2008-04-12

Eric Benson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric Benson   Eric Benson Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:00 pm

TED wrote:
Eric's Mums surname is Benson

Well that was what I guessed, Just like Lemmy Kilmister... He haven't been much of a father for him or what?... Only seen two pictures of him, one where he's a little kid together with the IG and James Osterberg Sr. And one where's got really long hair...

Was he a guard at the ninties gigs?
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Eric Benson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric Benson   Eric Benson Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 11:16 pm

I think Iggy fired Eric during a squabble after an appearance on 'Letterman' (He played 'Mask', I think). They didn't speak afterwards for years, but seem to have reconciled based on recent interviews.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Eric Benson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric Benson   Eric Benson Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 1:32 am

Quote :
I think Iggy fired Eric during a squabble after an appearance on 'Letterman' (He played 'Mask', I think). They didn't speak afterwards for years, but seem to have reconciled based on recent interviews.

why what happened that he wouldnt speak to his own son? i havent heard about this before
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Eric Benson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric Benson   Eric Benson Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 1:43 am

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
Quote :

why what happened that he wouldnt speak to his own son? i havent heard about this before

I don't know the reason, but there was a pretty well-known falling out. Iggy did'n't see his grand-kid until recently. I'm piecing together editorial comments in two recentish Iggy interviews, spaced out over a few years.

Iggy doesn't seem the Ward Cleaver type and Eric may have some issues. (I sure would!). Iggy introduced Eric to the seedy NY night-life, including a few groupies, when he was just a kid. His mom could'nt handle him at that point, so sent him over to Ig for a few months. This was during his down-n-out 'Party' era.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Eric Benson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric Benson   Eric Benson Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 1:59 am

yeh remembering seeing that in the behind the music, spose you're right, no matter how close they are, iggy wasnt the greatest dad lol
Back to top Go down
Lucas

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Eric Benson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric Benson   Eric Benson Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 12:59 pm

I think Eric sang on the undefeated song in the choir
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Eric Benson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric Benson   Eric Benson Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:05 pm

eugh, fuckin hate that song, for the choir, the acoustic version is way better, to my ears at least

thanks for the info Lucas
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Eric Benson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric Benson   Eric Benson Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:43 pm

eugh, fuckin hate that song, for the choir, the acoustic version is way better, to my ears at least

thanks for the info Lucas

I would say it's my most favorite track on 'Brick By Brick'..even with the choir..haha..Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Eric Benson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric Benson   Eric Benson Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:48 pm

yeh? i dunno, i like the album alot, except for the undefeated, its not a bad song or anything, just dont like the choir, seemed insincere or something duno, rest of the albums great though, the acoustic stuff from it, demos etc are really good
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

Eric Benson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric Benson   Eric Benson Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 6:16 am

[quote="trailerborn"]Iggy doesn't seem the Ward Cleaver type

Laughing hhahah
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

Eric Benson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric Benson   Eric Benson Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 6:17 am

Lucas wrote:
I think Eric sang on the undefeated song in the choir

So did Whitehorn Kirst, who ended up joining iggy on guitar for that tour.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-03-06

Eric Benson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric Benson   Eric Benson Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 3:45 am

Eric and his daughter were backstage at a Cali show in ... scratch April 2007.

cb
http://iggypop.org
Back to top Go down
http://iggypop.org, http://straightjameswilliamson.com
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Eric Benson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric Benson   Eric Benson Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 3:48 am

cool iggys a grandad lol
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

Eric Benson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric Benson   Eric Benson Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:03 am

A damn cool one at that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

Eric Benson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric Benson   Eric Benson Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:03 am

cb wrote:
Eric and his daughter were backstage at a Cali show in ... scratch April 2007.

cb

Was it the L.A. show @ the Wiltern?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
Aku

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Eric Benson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric Benson   Eric Benson Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 3:21 pm

yeh? i dunno, i like the album alot, except for the undefeated, its not a bad song or anything, just dont like the choir, seemed insincere or something duno, rest of the albums great though, the acoustic stuff from it, demos etc are really good

Yeah, I like the demos too (The song "Wind") is great... I love Brick By Brick, I think itś one of the coolest Iggy`albums ever. I think "Undefeated" is great, the only crappy song I can think of is "My baby wants to rock n roll"...I always skip that one.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-03-06

Eric Benson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric Benson   Eric Benson Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 4:15 pm

He was in love !

cb
Back to top Go down
http://iggypop.org, http://straightjameswilliamson.com
kristiconlan

kristiconlan

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Eric Benson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric Benson   Eric Benson Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 9:27 am

Eric used to come over to visit my then boyfriend christian when I lived in hollywood(early 90's). He was sweet. very tall. handsome like his dad. he worked for his dad (roadie/equipment/body guard) stuff. he used to frequent a club called "English Acid." He liked to play pool and I remember one time we were real messed up on some combination of substances and Christian called Eric and he came and picked us up and took us safely home. Fond memories of him. I think his dad loves him dearly, but we rebellious youths have to be let alone sometimes to find our own bottoms. Kiss!
Back to top Go down
silent1

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-06-26

Eric Benson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric Benson   Eric Benson Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 12:32 am

Man you guys are funny. Eric is a friend of mine and most of what you guys said isnt true. He never really "worked" for Iggy rather worked for himself through Iggy's connections as a roadie. He has never really spoken to Iggy past or present or sang anything with him. He is just an ordinary guy living with his wife and now 3 children in California.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eric Benson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric Benson   Eric Benson Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eric Benson
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Down on the Street.-
Jump to: