Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bill Cheatham

Go down 
+3
Paul T
JW82
Monger
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Monger

Monger

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Bill Cheatham Empty
PostSubject: Bill Cheatham   Bill Cheatham Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 10:11 am

Is one time stooges guitarist/road manager Bill Cheatham still alive? No info about him online,really and what there is seems rather shrouded...anybody got a definate?
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Bill Cheatham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Cheatham   Bill Cheatham Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 11:00 am

I remember Paul T mentioning once that Billy Cheatham passed away in the late 90s.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
Paul T

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-03-23

Bill Cheatham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Cheatham   Bill Cheatham Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 12:13 pm

Fraid so.

He was a nice guy, very quiet, there's quite a lot about him in the OU&B book... I also passed all my interview material onto the guy did the Stooges book, but AFAIK he didn't use much, or the material I sent on Zeke (but I only looked at the book briefly).
Back to top Go down
larry fine

larry fine

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Bill Cheatham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Cheatham   Bill Cheatham Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 4:42 pm

He has passed away. A week or so ago I had dinner with his daughter and her husband and they were two of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet. She didn't know a lot about his time in / with The Stooges. She's not old enough to remember.

From all appearances he must have been a very good father.
Back to top Go down
Monger

Monger

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Bill Cheatham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Cheatham   Bill Cheatham Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 4:23 am

Ok,thanks for the heads up..i hope if that boxset of early shows happens,maybe one with Billy is there.
Back to top Go down
951Sib

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2010-12-28

Bill Cheatham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Cheatham   Bill Cheatham Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 8:29 pm

I have a question about Bill. When EXACTLY did he join The Stooges on rythm guitar? Was Dave Alexander still in the band, or did Cheatham join just after?
Back to top Go down
dynamite boogie

dynamite boogie

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-07-19

Bill Cheatham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Cheatham   Bill Cheatham Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 8:43 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/redelektra69
mark

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Bill Cheatham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Cheatham   Bill Cheatham Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 8:49 pm

He jammed with the band during rehearsals for the Funhouse sessions, playing rhythm so that Ron could practice his solos. Then he made his first live appearances during the Unganos run in August I think? If that's right, I guess the answer would be that he did play with Dave, but not onstage.
Back to top Go down
951Sib

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2010-12-28

Bill Cheatham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Cheatham   Bill Cheatham Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 5:16 pm

Wow! Thanks a lot guys! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bill Cheatham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Cheatham   Bill Cheatham Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bill Cheatham
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: