Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Stooges Love Album!

Go down 
+4
homesickjameswilliamson
JW82
Angusyd van Hyman
world's forgotten boy
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

The Stooges Love Album! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stooges Love Album!   The Stooges Love Album! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 1:54 pm

world's forgotten boy wrote:

I think you guys put too much into the essence of normal love songs. It’s wasn’t that I was trying to prove in any way! Smile

sorry, it ended up being a rather long topic, and a very interesting one, it really got me thinking about what 'love' and 'boredom' ACTUALLY mean Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges Love Album!   The Stooges Love Album! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 2:11 pm

[quote="G, F#, E"]
Nadja wrote:

Boredom leaves you frustrated and angry. There's nothing to do ("no fun") - no relationship ("in love with no body else"), no drugs ("freak out for another day"). All he feels are the same monotenous emotions over and over again ("feeling that same old way").

There's things he could do ("maybe go out, mabe stay home, maybe call mom on the telephone") but those are all very boring everyday things.

"No Fun" is about what it says - being bored. And boredom leads to frustration eventually hence why Iggy screams at the end and Ron's solo when Iggy says "tell 'em how I feel".

It isn't a love song at all.

now you know y're just paraphrasing EVERYthing I said in my earlier posts on this topic don't you G Laughing
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges Love Album!   The Stooges Love Album! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 2:29 pm

Sorry Nadja, I didn't realise.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges Love Album!   The Stooges Love Album! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 3:01 pm

sorry, I must've sounded rather skittish there Embarassed you didn't have to apologize G
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges Love Album!   The Stooges Love Album! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 7:52 pm

Nadja wrote:
sorry, I must've sounded rather skittish there Embarassed you didn't have to apologize G

No, not at all. You desrved an apology. Have a picture of Dave as compinsation:

The Stooges Love Album! - Page 2 Dave_a10
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges Love Album!   The Stooges Love Album! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 11:57 pm

thank you VERY much G, I've been so busy on the chatbox tonight (talking about Dave, haha) I never even noticed this till now!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges Love Album!   The Stooges Love Album! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Stooges Love Album!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2