Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Blender magazine article on Ron

Go down 
+3
Nadja
homesickjameswilliamson
larry fine
7 posters
AuthorMessage
larry fine

larry fine

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Blender magazine article on Ron Empty
PostSubject: Blender magazine article on Ron   Blender magazine article on Ron Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 5:53 pm

In the new issue of Blender (April 2009) there is an interesting piece on Ron.
It treads out most of the same old history and does so with at least a couple of factual errors. There are, however, a couple of very interesting "facts" included.

One, that Iggy has spoken to James Williamson, Steve Jones and Deniz Tek about filling the guitar slot in a new lineup of the band. That said, all 2009 tour dates are cancelled.

Two, that Ron knew he was sick. Niagara is quoted as saying that "It couldn't have kept going. We knew there were no more tours. He was too unhealthy, though the band didn't know. He was being a real soldier."

There are other quotes from Dara and Iggy concerning his health. It seems a bit far out to me, but what do I know.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Blender magazine article on Ron   Blender magazine article on Ron Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 6:07 pm

wow, thanks for posting larry

is this magazine avaliable in the UK, it sounds intriguing

for one thing i didnt think iggy'd talked to anyone, esp so quickly after Rons death

and secondly about Ron's ''death trip'', i didnt know he was sick, and what do they mean sick? like heart disease or something, or just general unhealthy-ness, also dont all bands go through physicals before tours so wouldnt they have known something?

looks like Ron survived just to see his dream of a reunited stooges happen, im glad that happened for him

ill have to lookout for this, thanks again
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blender magazine article on Ron   Blender magazine article on Ron Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 6:24 pm

wow, Ron was sick?? Why never a word about that anywhere else?
he looked a bit exhausted at the end of the tour in 2008 in September.. but Scotty also looked exhausted...

Did any report came out of the autopsy btw.. what's the cause Ron died?

This is confusing
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Blender magazine article on Ron   Blender magazine article on Ron Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 7:29 pm

Quote :

Did any report came out of the autopsy btw.. what's the cause Ron died?

This is confusing

yeh ive been wondering about the autopsy as well, it cant have taken this long, can it?

im confused, and slightly annoyed the cause of death hasnt been announced and iggys already lookin for new guitarists, i mean i get it and i suppose they have to keep up with stuff, so theyre not forgotten and stuff like that, but its so soon

i havent even gotten to grips with it i cant imagine how a friend and bandmember and brother would have gotten it, although i suppose im young and havent experienced as much death as 60 year olds, maybe thats it, i dunno just annoyed and confused like you said Zin
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Blender magazine article on Ron   Blender magazine article on Ron Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 7:36 pm

larry fine wrote:

There are other quotes from Dara and Iggy concerning his health. It seems a bit far out to me, but what do I know.

hmm - agree with you larry - seems rather strange
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Blender magazine article on Ron   Blender magazine article on Ron Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 7:45 pm

[quote="homesickjameswilliamson"]
Quote :

i havent even gotten to grips with it i cant imagine how a friend and bandmember and brother would have gotten it,

what do you mean hjw?

I'm not going to dwell on this, but maybe it was underlying heart disease, that's likely in unexpected death, I lost a very close family member to a sudden heart attack at just fifty-two
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Blender magazine article on Ron   Blender magazine article on Ron Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 7:49 pm

larry fine wrote:
One, that Iggy has spoken to James Williamson, Steve Jones and Deniz Tek about filling the guitar slot in a new lineup of the band.

I'm actually pretty angry at Iggy for doing this. WAY too soon!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Blender magazine article on Ron   Blender magazine article on Ron Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 8:02 pm

52? thats far too young

are there any symptoms of heart disease?

i just meant, how can iggy even be thinkin about the stooges when the cause of Ron's death hasnt been announced, to our knowledge at least, i dunno i just assumed there would be like 6 months at least of no activity

i could even get iggy doing a new album, gettin his mind off it, you'no maybe hes one of those people who work through grief or something, but asking people a couple weeks after Rons death if they'd fill in and contemplating vocals on his tracks and stuff, its a bit i duno, sacrilegious or something, i dunno, just like G says, its too soon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blender magazine article on Ron   Blender magazine article on Ron Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 9:26 pm

The result of that autopsy was maybe much earlier given out HJW. and not in public.
cuz it's not obliged .. if the family doesn't want that to happen.

When more people start to die around you when you pass the 50 years..
guess you start to think different about at least LIVE.
It's not at all weird to only talk about what should happen in future!
And the only thing that is announced is that Stooges cancelled the 2009 tour and that Iggy had an album to come out..
he worked that one in 2008.

What to blame Iggy fgs? he can't help that the fans and the media go on and on about what's gonna happen.
and what's James gonna do.. btw James is the one searching the media!
and that people like Jones and James r callin iggy and stuff.. isn't it?
and why is scotty saying nothing in public?
Guess iggy is the spokesman to the public and media.. he only can do wrong from this position.

Why judge or be angry? Btw everybody has this own right and idea how long the mourn process is..
you can't say just like it should be at least 6 months.. cuz of the fans!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Blender magazine article on Ron   Blender magazine article on Ron Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 10:06 pm

i didnt mean a flat 6 month waiting period for us or anyone, i just assumed thats how long it would take before they begun thinking about wanting to do stuff again, i have no idea how long it takes iggy

im not angry or anything at iggy, it just seems weird is all, to me

and yeh, i suppose the autopsy was just private, which i can understand obviously
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Blender magazine article on Ron   Blender magazine article on Ron Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 10:47 pm

Here's my take on the quote concerning "looking for another guitarist".

Did it ever occur to anyone that this process started before Ron passed away? Perhaps Ron knew he was leaving the band, one way or another and told the guys.

All I'm saying is, let's not be too hard on Iggy over it. maybe there's more to it than meets the eye...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Blender magazine article on Ron   Blender magazine article on Ron Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 10:50 pm

Quote :

Did it ever occur to anyone that this process started before Ron passed away? Perhaps Ron knew he was leaving the band, one way or another and told the guys

never thought about that, its actually quite possible, especially if he really did know he was sick, he wouldve had to have told them
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Blender magazine article on Ron   Blender magazine article on Ron Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:14 pm

Loose1969 wrote:

Did it ever occur to anyone that this process started before Ron passed away? Perhaps Ron knew he was leaving the band, one way or another and told the guys.

never ocurred to me at all. It's a new thought entirely ... now I'm trying to take it in!!
My instinctive reaction is - not likely. Or maybe it's just I don't want to even contemplate the idea that Ron might've ever said/thought about leaving the band (for whatever reason)
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: Blender magazine article on Ron   Blender magazine article on Ron Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 3:51 am

Nadja wrote:
Loose1969 wrote:

never ocurred to me at all. It's a new thought entirely ... now I'm trying to take it in!!
My instinctive reaction is - not likely. Or maybe it's just I don't want to even contemplate the idea that Ron might've ever said/thought about leaving the band (for whatever reason)
Oh, I understand. Ron leaving in ANY fashion would be upsetting, of course the way it happened was the worst imaginable. I'm still pretty sad about it, believe me.

But if he indeed knew what was to come, perhaps Scott & Iggy were given his blessings. I don't think Ron would want the band to quit entirely, especially given his brother Scott's desire to play in that band. Anyone who's watched Scott's interview in "Escaped Maniacs" will know what I mean. Scott lives to be a Stooge. He was never happy anywhere else, really.

If they do indeed continue, I'll give them my full support. I'll always miss Ron though, make no mistake.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Blender magazine article on Ron   Blender magazine article on Ron Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 4:18 am

Quote :

If they do indeed continue, I'll give them my full support. I'll always miss Ron though, make no mistake.

couldntve said it better

stooges are stooges, theyre my favourite band ill support them whatever happens

i'd still like to know what was wrong with Ron, or how he knew, was it just wear and tear of that kind of lifestlye that it was an inevitability? or was he given so long to live or something, u'no?

i dunno, i suppose when it comes down to it, he died, thats it, doesnt really matter how, just have to pick ourselves up and keep supporting the band and keep that going, for Scott and for Iggy and for us
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: Blender magazine article on Ron   Blender magazine article on Ron Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 4:49 am

I believe Ron would hate it if we didn't stand behind the remaining Stooges in whatever endeavor they decide to pursue.
Back to top Go down
Aku

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Blender magazine article on Ron   Blender magazine article on Ron Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 3:12 pm

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
wow, thanks for posting larry

and secondly about Ron's ''death trip'', i didnt know he was sick, and what do they mean sick? like heart disease or something, or just general unhealthy-ness, also dont all bands go through physicals before tours so wouldnt they have known something?

I have never heard of any band in history of rock n roll, going through physicals before tours ? Never, unless they had a reason to believe that someone was too sick to travel. Imagine Johnny Thunders goin through physicals before a tour. Junkie's like him would have never been able to a do any tours....
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Blender magazine article on Ron   Blender magazine article on Ron Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 4:08 pm

of course I agree with what you say Loose about continuing to support Scott and Iggy, I already said that on another thread Smile
and if they continue to work together long-term, even better.
I do sometimes wish I wasn't so in thrall to the sound of Ron's guitar, that's all, a case of just being plain obsessed, maybe I should find something else to obsess about (or maybe I should stop obsessing altogether!)

It just gave me a weird feeling too, to think that maybe Ron knew he was going to die or something, even altho it's a possibility of course, especially if this article contains at least a grain of truth...just seems strange however

Last edited by Nadja on Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Blender magazine article on Ron   Blender magazine article on Ron Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 4:47 pm

Aku wrote:
homesickjameswilliamson wrote:

I have never heard of any band in history of rock n roll, going through physicals before tours ?....

Niether have I!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Blender magazine article on Ron   Blender magazine article on Ron Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 6:07 pm

Quote :

I have never heard of any band in history of rock n roll, going through physicals before tours ?

yeh? thats why ronnie wood almost didnt make it for the stones bridges to babylon tour i think, or it may have been voodoo lounge

could just be the stones, the amount of investment behind them for a tour they'd have to be healthy

but i just assumed, actually i have heard it somewhere else about making sure they are healthy for tours, maybe its just a passable healthy or something, i dont know the extents, but ive heard of it before, could just be a recent thing for ''the older gentlemen in rock" lol
Back to top Go down
Garageman

Garageman

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Blender magazine article on Ron   Blender magazine article on Ron Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:51 pm

I actually don't want to know the cause of Ron's death. It's no business of mine, and if the family wants to keep it secret, that's fine. Nothing can replace Ron's guitar, but if the band wants to continue, I'm going to give them my full support. They've got the right (sorry).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blender magazine article on Ron   Blender magazine article on Ron Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blender magazine article on Ron
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: