Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Funhouse Recording Type ?

Go down 
+11
krugersoldier
Donald
mc
G, F#, E
homesickjameswilliamson
Nadja
adams66
Paul T
Gimme some skin
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Funhouse Recording Type ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funhouse Recording Type ?   Funhouse Recording Type ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 6:48 pm

pretty much the two albums are a best of, seeing as thats all they have, unless they did an entire retrospective, which would be like 3/4 songs from each album so far, nad some live stuff a la heavy liquid boxset and maybe unearthed rarities, and asthma attack of course, but stooges dont really need a best of, because theres no filler on any album - yeh the weirdness is questiobly in areas, but if your talkin prime stooges, those three albums didnt have anything at all wrong with them, theres nothin you wouldnt put on a best of, you'd have to include everything
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse Recording Type ?   Funhouse Recording Type ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 11:22 am

Nadja wrote:
Donald wrote:
Perhaps it would be issued as a bonus track on a Stooges best of.

'Stooges best of'...interesting concept Donald Smile I wonder just what it would consist of.

It would be a reissue of the No Fun compilation. With an extra unreleased track as a bonus. Then a couple of years later they could do it again with another unreleased bonus track.
Back to top Go down
krugersoldier

krugersoldier

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse Recording Type ?   Funhouse Recording Type ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 3:12 pm

In relation to the discussion about the Unganos tape. Its said above that Danny Fields sold this to a collector. It strikes me that this "collector" must have paid a fortune for this or else it doesnt exist. Danny Fields knows very well how to make money from live recordings, he got a substantial amount of money from Atlantic for Brigid Polks Velvet Underground at Maxs Kansas City tape. In fact he went to the record company the day after the concert. Its very unlikely he sat on this tape for over 30 years. He could have just phoned Greg Shaw and made a deal with Bomp, who would have been drooling to release this. I could be wrong though, I hope so.
Back to top Go down
Paul T

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse Recording Type ?   Funhouse Recording Type ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 4:38 pm

krugersoldier wrote:
In relation to the discussion about the Unganos tape. Its said above that Danny Fields sold this to a collector. It strikes me that this "collector" must have paid a fortune for this or else it doesnt exist. Danny Fields knows very well how to make money from live recordings, he got a substantial amount of money from Atlantic for Brigid Polks Velvet Underground at Maxs Kansas City tape. In fact he went to the record company the day after the concert. Its very unlikely he sat on this tape for over 30 years. He could have just phoned Greg Shaw and made a deal with Bomp, who would have been drooling to release this. I could be wrong though, I hope so.
Luckily you are wrong. Don't know when Danny sold this tape, but he did, along with a bunch of tapes that have already been released by RHino, plus documentation that was used in the book Open Up and Bleed. I have heard the tape both of this, and of Ungano's. The collector's name is known, and is mentioned in the book, but I don't want to float it too widely in case he gets hassled.

He's probably mentioned in the 2-CD stooges, however, as Danny also sold him the first album out-takes, which he then sold/leased to Rhino for the reissue. The lsot track was supposed to be on that reissue, stories as to why it didn't vary.
Back to top Go down
krugersoldier

krugersoldier

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse Recording Type ?   Funhouse Recording Type ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 8:35 pm

OK, thats great. What did you think of the tape, is the quality high?. Those Unganos gigs are probably the punk holy grail. Certainly amongst the most important moments in punk (and rock) history, as many of the founders of NYC punk were there (Alan Vega, Dee Dee Ramone, The Dolls and probably others). Also was that not where Miles Davis saw the Stooges?, in the light of Aghartha etc, I think this gig may even have influenced the course of jazz history, but thats just my fantasy
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse Recording Type ?   Funhouse Recording Type ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 11:12 pm

krugersoldier wrote:
OK, thats great. What did you think of the tape, is the quality high?. Those Unganos gigs are probably the punk holy grail. Certainly amongst the most important moments in punk (and rock) history, as many of the founders of NYC punk were there (Alan Vega, Dee Dee Ramone, The Dolls and probably others). Also was that not where Miles Davis saw the Stooges?, in the light of Aghartha etc, I think this gig may even have influenced the course of jazz history, but thats just my fantasy
A FRIEND OF MINE SAID UGANOS IS FUNHOUSE FROM START TO FINNISH IN GOOD AUDIENCE QUALITY.HE HEARD THE TAPE AT THE COLLECTORS HOUSE 4 YEARS AGO
Back to top Go down
ggriffin

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse Recording Type ?   Funhouse Recording Type ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 1:14 pm

Speaking of the treasures that may be out there, Dee Dee Ramone (I know, I know) mentions driving around listening to "Live at the Electric Circus" in his autobiography.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse Recording Type ?   Funhouse Recording Type ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 1:58 pm

Yes an Electric Circus tape from 71 is supposedly out there.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse Recording Type ?   Funhouse Recording Type ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 6:36 pm

Are you serious? electric circus? fuck that would be a cool thing to listen to, everytime i look at those pictures i wonder what it was like to see them

plus its 1971!! can you believe that!

wow these things have to be released, or someone has to give me the address to the owners

wow, i knew it! theres always more stooges out there, i wonder how good the electric circus one is, man i hope i hear these some day!

thanks for the info guys, made my day, now if we can get the tapes it'll make my life!!

HJW
Back to top Go down
ggriffin

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse Recording Type ?   Funhouse Recording Type ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 4:22 pm

Did anyone here make it to Sotheby's for the Dee Dee Ramone estate auction?
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse Recording Type ?   Funhouse Recording Type ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 7:14 pm

does anyone know the setlist they played at electric circus?
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse Recording Type ?   Funhouse Recording Type ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 7:24 pm

No, but I'm guessing very similar to the Kiel/Factory show as it was only a couple of weeks earlier.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse Recording Type ?   Funhouse Recording Type ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 7:27 pm

what was the setlist for the kiel factory show?

also what was the lineup, funhouse or was it 71 stooges?

also what was the exact date of the electric circus show?

thank
HJW
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse Recording Type ?   Funhouse Recording Type ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 8:38 pm

Kiel/Factory: I Got a Right, You Don't Want my Name, I Need You, Who Do you Love?, See Me Dancing, That's What I like. (Some of these title may be alternatives for Fresh Rag and Big Time Bum).

They played the Electric Circus on 15 and 16 May 1971 and I believe the tape is from the 1st night. These were pretty much the last gigs from 71 except for Kiel/Factory as Scotty pulled his bus under a bridge trick shortly after, and then they split up.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse Recording Type ?   Funhouse Recording Type ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 8:40 pm

haha, yeh the bus under the bridge is a classic!! i loved that story, think i read it in Please Kill Me, couldnt stop laughin, typical stooges, lol

great set, is that the one on starfighters live 1971 & early rarities CD? i have that, its great, imagine those songs but better sound!!!! wow, yet another holy grail of stooges stuff, this stuff has to get released!
Back to top Go down
world's forgotten boy

world's forgotten boy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse Recording Type ?   Funhouse Recording Type ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 5:32 pm

Wow... hope this stuff is mega good quality and get's released! Smile
Back to top Go down
Big Time Bum

Big Time Bum

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse Recording Type ?   Funhouse Recording Type ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:28 pm

could it be realesed?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funhouse Recording Type ?   Funhouse Recording Type ? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Funhouse Recording Type ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: