Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Iggy May 1st 2009 New York

Go down 
+5
james matlock
cb
Loose1969
homesickjameswilliamson
Donald
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Iggy May 1st 2009 New York Empty
PostSubject: Iggy May 1st 2009 New York   Iggy May 1st 2009 New York Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 11:10 am

ALERT:

We are incredibly pleased to announce...

Special guest performers IGGY POP, GILBY CLARKE (Guns 'n' Roses), HANDSOME DICK MANITOBA (Dictators), BUN E. CARLOS (Cheap Trick, Tinted Windows)) and BOOTS RILEY (The Coup, Streetsweeper) will perform at the May 1st event at The Nokia Theater honoring WAYNE KRAMER and benefiting New York children's charity Road Recovery.

Following is the FULL updated list of performers confirmed for the benefit performance:

Iggy Pop, Perry Farrell, Etty Farrell, Jerry Cantrell, Tom Morello, Wayne Kramer, Handsome Dick Manitoba, Gilby Clarke, Don Was, Billy Bragg, Bun E. Carlos, Boots Riley. With special performances by Joan as Police Woman, Miggs, Ours, Crazy James. Hosted by Matt Pinfield.

Please join us. That's so much star power for the people's price of $25, it's almost impossible to imagine!

Tickets available through Ticketmaster link:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/00004278E3EA9E2D?artistid=1309478&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Press inquiries contact:

Deanna Decker
Padilla Spear & Beardsley Public Relations ddecker@psbpr.com

Thanks, MuscleTone

------------------------------------------------

Copyright 2006 MuscleTone Records, Inc.
Back to top Go down
Donald

PostSubject: Re: Iggy May 1st 2009 New York   Iggy May 1st 2009 New York Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 11:10 am

NB Iggy NOT mentioned on ticket link.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Iggy May 1st 2009 New York   Iggy May 1st 2009 New York Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 3:59 pm

damn, wish i could make it, its a few thousand miles too much out of my way though, lol

why are they honouring wayne kramer - i mean, why now?

thanks for the post donald
Back to top Go down
Donald

PostSubject: Re: Iggy May 1st 2009 New York   Iggy May 1st 2009 New York Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 5:31 pm

This is an earlier email I got, it's still not really apparent why Wayne, other than he would have benefitted from a similar scheme when he was younger.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BENEFIT CONCERT FOR YOUNG ADULT CHARITY ROAD RECOVERY IN NEW YORK CITY HONORING RESILIENT ROCK ’N’ ROLL PIONEER WAYNE KRAMER

SHOW TO FEATURE LIVE PERFORMANCES BY TOM MORELLO, ETTY & PERRY FARRELL, DON WAS, JERRY CANTRELL, BILLY BRAGG, HANDSOME DICK MANITOBA, GILBY CLARKE, EMCEE MATT PINFIELD AND MORE SURPRISE GUESTS WITH A LOW $25 TICKET PRICE

Sponsored by DeBartolo Family Foundation and Bright Antenna Records, Road Recovery's Performance Workshop Program house band Crazy James, Joan As Police Woman, Ours, Miggs will also take the stage.

April 8, 2009 -- New York, New York -- Punk rock pioneer and activist Wayne Kramer of MC5 fame will be honored in a fundraising performance event on Friday, May 1st at the Nokia Theater in Times Square. This special event carries a low ticket price of $25, and will feature a variety of special guests including The Nightwatchman Tom Morello (Rage Against the Machine), Alice In Chains’ Jerry Cantrell, singer Billy Bragg, Perry Farrell (Jane's Addiction) with Etty Farrell (Satellite Party), Don Was (Was Not Was), Dictators' Handsome Dick Manitoba, Gilby Clarke (Guns 'n' Roses) and more. The night's emcee is Matt Pinfield.

Performing songs together and individually from their respective catalogs, as well as collaborating on MC5 songs and anything else that strikes their fancy, this is sure to be an exciting evening of high-energy rock and roll. "It's going to be just loose enough musically that anything might happen," jokes Kramer. "The only thing you'll need in order to be in the audience is an open mind... and maybe a set of ear plugs."

One hundred percent (100%) of the money raised on May 1st will go directly to support the treatment of children and young adults who suffer from adversities such as addiction, physical and sexual abuse and chronic illness.

The resilient, irreverent, rapier-witted, amplifier-burning Wayne Kramer is in full effect today and relevant, this time at peace with himself, at least most of the time. “I lost everything to addiction. I also forfeited my freedom to it,” Kramer says. "I'm at ease in the knowledge that my darkest days are now treasured gifts to share with others who travel down the same road."

Tickets for this special event are now on sale. How to buy tickets can be found at
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/00004278E3EA9E2D?artistid=1309478&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1
There are also 50 high-priced tickets for an artist meet-and-greet on the day of show.

**About Wayne Kramer.
Teenaged leader of the notorious MC5, Wayne Kramer created a sonic assault in the late 1960s that still resonates in rock music. Now a friend to many younger musicians and non-musicians in recovery, telling the story of how he went from inner city underdog to guitar rebel to federal inmate #00180190 to sober mentor and back to guitar rebel is an aspect of Kramer's character that is inexhaustible. Kramer is a well-respected and prolific film (Talladega Nights, HBO's Hacking Democracy) and television (HBO's East Bound and Down) composer. He is recognized by Rolling Stone Magazine as one of the “100 Greatest Guitar Players of All-Time” and will release his 8th solo album Lexington, the soundtrack to the PBS documentary film The Narcotic Farm in Summer, 2009.

**About Road Recovery.
Founded in 1998, Road Recovery is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to helping young people battle addiction and other adversities by harnessing the influence of entertainment industry professionals who have confronted similar crises and now wish to share their experience and knowledge.

**About DeBartolo Family Foundation.
The mission of the DeBartolo Family Foundation, a non-profit corporation founded by the Edward J. DeBartolo, Jr. family, is to provide leadership and financial resources to extraordinary organizations and individuals to improve the community.

**About Bright Antenna Records.
Bright Antenna is an indie record label based in the San Francisco Bay Area that believes music is a necessity, not a pastime, and that a good song can save a life. Bright Antenna's artists include Middle Class Rut, Spring Tigers, Magic Wands, and The Catholic Comb. Their most recent release is the limited edition 7" vinyl single of "Please" by Orbital's Paul Hartnoll featuring Robert Smith of The Cure.

For more information, please visit these sites:
www.debartolofamilyfoundation.com <>
www.brightantenna.com <> www.roadrecovery.org << http://roadrecovery.org/ >> www.muscletonerecords.com << http://www.muscletonerecords.com/ >>

Press Inquiries, Please Contact:

Deanna Decker
Padilla Speer Beardsley PR
(212) 752-8338
ddecker@psbpr.com

Margaret Saadi Kramer
MuscleTone Records
(323) 852-0457
margaret@muscletonerecords.com

------------------------------------------------

Copyright 2006 MuscleTone Records, Inc.
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Iggy May 1st 2009 New York   Iggy May 1st 2009 New York Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 5:35 pm

Iggy AND Jerry Cantrell? Shit I'd love to see that!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
cb

cb

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Iggy May 1st 2009 New York   Iggy May 1st 2009 New York Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:57 pm

It's comfirmed that Iggy will play this benefit, I talked to the promo people yesterday. Latest press release here, Word format: http://iggypop.org/iggynews.html

The list of performers is still growing! cheers
My second fav is Perry Farrell!
cb
Back to top Go down
http://iggypop.org, http://straightjameswilliamson.com
james matlock

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Iggy May 1st 2009 New York   Iggy May 1st 2009 New York Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 7:23 pm

But isnt Wayne Kramer a dick?
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Iggy May 1st 2009 New York   Iggy May 1st 2009 New York Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 9:09 pm

james matlock wrote:

Well I know he bad mouthed Dave and Ron calling them bad players, behind their backs of course.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Iggy May 1st 2009 New York   Iggy May 1st 2009 New York Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 1:17 am

G, F#, E wrote:
james matlock wrote:

Well I know he bad mouthed Dave and Ron calling them bad players, behind their backs of course.

Yeah they weren't even understood by their supposed big brother band.
Back to top Go down
mindless

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Iggy May 1st 2009 New York   Iggy May 1st 2009 New York Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 6:41 am

Wayne's a pretty cool cat, and has a new CD coming out related to a Showtime show about Rehab so it makes perfect sense. Got my ticket. The VIP tix are $500!
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Iggy May 1st 2009 New York   Iggy May 1st 2009 New York Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 10:33 am

mc wrote:
G, F#, E wrote:
james matlock wrote:

Yeah they weren't even understood by their supposed big brother band.

Rob Tyner liked them.

and nice to see you posting again mindless!

As for Wayne K, I don't know that much about him but he came across as a fairly mild-mannered bloke on some documentary I saw once (was it that Detroit documentary last year?? Probably!)
Back to top Go down
Donald

PostSubject: Re: Iggy May 1st 2009 New York   Iggy May 1st 2009 New York Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 11:07 am

james matlock wrote:

No.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Iggy May 1st 2009 New York   Iggy May 1st 2009 New York Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 10:23 pm

I saw WK the night before the Sonics Redezvous Band reunion gig (with Deniz Tek) in Nov. '99 in Detroit at the Magic Stix. Strong set, very political. I think Wayne has had alot more problems with the former members of the MC5 than any of the Stooges!
Back to top Go down
http://iggypop.org, http://straightjameswilliamson.com
Donald

PostSubject: Re: Iggy May 1st 2009 New York   Iggy May 1st 2009 New York Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 11:08 am

More from Muscletone

ROAD RECOVERY is proud to announce the establishment of ROAD RECOVERY HONORS, a new award given annually to an individual who shares its vision of giving back through action and service to those in need. This award affords its honoree the opportunity to select any U.S. organization he or she wishes to help, and together with ROAD RECOVERY, create and participate in an outreach event that positively impacts its constituents.

Wayne Kramer will receive the inaugural award at ROAD RECOVERY's benefit concert at the Nokia Times Square Theater on Friday, May 1, and, together with ROAD RECOVERY, produce a program at Sing Sing Prison on Saturday, May 2nd, in Ossining, New York.

The Sing Sing event will include an interactive discussion between approximately 100 inmates and Kramer about his life before, during and after his own incarceration. The program will be followed by a full electric performance by Kramer and friends, including Billy Bragg, Perry Farrell (Jane's Addiction), Etty Lau Farrell (Satellite Party), Tom Morello (Audioslave, Rage Against The Machine), Jerry Cantrell (Alice in Chains), Don Was (Was (Not Was)), Handsome Dick Manitoba (The Dictators), Gilby Clarke (Guns N' Roses) and Boots Riley (The Coup).

"On behalf of Sing Sing Correctional Facility, we are pleased to welcome the non-profit organization ROAD RECOVERY. We look forward to supporting ROAD RECOVERYs effort in honoring musician Wayne Kramer, whose dream is to give back to the inmates of Sing Sing Correctional Facility via a live concert and message of hope," says Sing Sing Correctional Facility's Executive Team.

Iggy Pop, Bun E. Carlos (Cheap Trick) and Evan Seinfeld (Biohazard) have recently been announced as special guests for the May 1st benefit. General admission for tickets are $25 and can be purchased at www.ticketmaster.com.
Back to top Go down
mindless

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Iggy May 1st 2009 New York   Iggy May 1st 2009 New York Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 10:09 pm

Pretty fun last night. Iggy sang 5'1" and Sweet 16 in leather boots! Was great to see the old stuff again & Iggy looked in fine spirits even if badly limping. They screwed up the beginning to 5'1" very loose versions but still cool, Iggy jammed with Tom Morello, Wayne, Jerry Cantrell, Gilby Clarke, and Don Was bass and ? drums. Then he came back out for the final jam and sang the last verse of Kick Out The Jams! Iggy was what made the whole night worthwhile for me, it was a hard slog in 3.5 hours drive instead of 2 because of bad weather & traffic, but Iggy was great to see & I hope he plays some solo shows with a good band. Even Gilby Clarke would be a good choice for his band!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Iggy May 1st 2009 New York   Iggy May 1st 2009 New York Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 10:18 pm

damn, sounds cool mindless, thanks for posting, hope someone taped it, 5 foot one and iggy singing kick out the jams? wish i was there
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iggy May 1st 2009 New York   Iggy May 1st 2009 New York Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 6:33 pm

great you were there mindless!!
more details about Iggy are always welcome.. What a Face

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
damn, sounds cool mindless, thanks for posting, hope someone taped it, 5 foot one and iggy singing kick out the jams? wish i was there
When i read the title of Kick out the Jams I already totally hear this specific high voice.
must be weird to hear it singing by Iggy's deep voice..wow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iggy May 1st 2009 New York   Iggy May 1st 2009 New York Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:20 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iggy May 1st 2009 New York   Iggy May 1st 2009 New York Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:57 pm

cool! thanks outburst for finding it.
now only Kick our the Jams needs to be found
5'1: