Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?

Go down 
+28
Radiobirdman73
Perdu
JW82
mc
GONZIGGY
Bella
popmansam
adams66
Petrie Terrace
Hectorlovesthestooges
Donald
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
heavy liquid
trailerborn
homesickjameswilliamson
Iguanas
ChinLee
studioguy
Natalie
MJG196
Nadja
larry fine
Paul T
jared
Funhousehideaway#2
G, F#, E
sweet_sixteen
Nitebob
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 10:29 pm

ChinLee wrote:
French cuffs...silk cravat....smoking jacket. Sometimes a jacket that looked like someones couch.

You've actually seen my picture, or you've just been following my column in French Vogue?
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 12:08 pm

Merry Christmas Chin Lee whoever you are and the old Newport smoking, beer drinking, underwear hoarding groupie as well.
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 4:42 pm

All these wonderful 'facts' about Jimmy Recca remind me of the Stig... For those who are unaware of the Stig, the UK car show Top Gear has a mysterious racing driver who test drives high performance cars each week, and he's known only as The Stig. No one knows who the Stig actually is. He's introduced each week with bizarre and obscure facts such as "Some say he knows two facts about ducks, and both of them are wrong. Some say his knees are back to front. Some say he has a village in Estonia named after him. etc etc..."
Happy Christmas!
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
ChinLee

ChinLee

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2009-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 10:47 pm

Hey Richard,

I don't know no Stig, and I don't no about Sid Greene. As I mentioned earlier, I don't speak for Recca, I'm just sharing some of my memories and those of some friends including Snagglepuss, the princess of the plaster casters. You talking about many years ago and many memories, I got a hundred Recca stories, but I just tell you the small stuff. Those were some crazy scene in LA MAN, CRAZY. He not Paul Bunyan bro. People ask what happened to that guy and I tell you what I can remember without embarrassing anyone. All those other guys I know through Recca. Some of those guys got green teeth man, but I don't tell you who.

He played with some cats and he had some fun, but they don't like the business crap, none of them. He just want to play, just like Youlden with that damn cigar, and Peter and Spencer did but he don't go that way. He put his energy into other shit man. Nobody own Recca. He don't sign his name no more. But he don't look for fame, and he don't look to be "found", but he not hiding either.

I'm Chin Lee, Bro
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 11:13 pm

ChinLee wrote:

He played with some cats and he had some fun, but they don't like the business crap, none of them. He just want to play, just like Youlden with that damn cigar, and Peter and Spencer did but he don't go that way. He put his energy into other shit man. Nobody own Recca. He don't sign his name no more. But he don't look for fame, and he don't look to be "found", but he not hiding either.

I'm Chin Lee, Bro

I wonder if JR would join the rest of his old band mates for the Rock and Roll Hall of fame induction if asked? Unfortunately and luckily for them, JR and Mike Watt are the only living Stooges bass players. Stooges bass playing is a very dangerous profession it would seem.
Back to top Go down
ChinLee

ChinLee

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 6:37 am

I would wonder the same thing. Dangerous job, maybe. Unlucky in life for most, that's for certain. I don't know if Recca has plans to attend, or if he will bring the sword if he does.

Snagglepuss tell him in e-mail I tell some old stories about brothers of Lee, or Jeff Beck and her paddle of Edumacation. I only tell about Spencers Atomic Wedgies here to you guys, but I forgot about the Brothers of Lee that one, but he laugh so I'm happy he not bugged at me but I did not tell that story. I tell her no one cares about her, I don't tell no stories about who she spank and who want to dress up like Margarette Thatcher and Golda Meir. Too much Balantines ale, for that chick, bro, some times this is tough on o'l Chin Lee.

The Chronicles of Recca, u decide............

Dammit bro, I'm Chin Lee
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 10:11 am

A giant sword would probably liven up the ceremony somewhat!!
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 2:18 am

I can't believe these stories...he is living in Elgin, Illinois.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 3:40 am

Elgin? Why of course! Nobody would ever expect a place with such an incredibly dull reputation!
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 4:21 am

G, F#, E wrote:
Elgin? Why of course! Nobody would ever expect a place with such an incredibly dull reputation!

It's common knowledge that Jimmy lives in Italy and grows organic grapes and olives (according to Chin Lee of course) scratch
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 1:10 pm

http://names.whitepages.com/James/Recca

James Richard Recca...57 years old

He's living in Elgin or in Encino
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 8:22 pm

Back to top Go down
popmansam

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 1:02 am

What did we do without the internet, put a lot of detectives out of work.
Back to top Go down
sweet_sixteen

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 5:29 am

How can you be sure this is THE Jimmy Recca? There must be several floating around with the same name and that are around the same age...
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 3:59 pm

sweet_sixteen wrote:
How can you be sure this is THE Jimmy Recca? There must be several floating around with the same name and that are around the same age...

Well...i'm not really sure, but I would bet something. And someone said at the beginning of this thread that he was working in the Aeronautics Industry in Elgin...coincidence???
Back to top Go down
ChinLee

ChinLee

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 5:21 pm

ohh Yee's of little faith. Who the conspiracy guy here? Maybe he changed his name to Mel Gibson too. That not him, or maybe him from long time ago. Snaggs say he met some young metal guys in the 80's and did studio work for them as a favor in Chicago many years ago, about time when he lived in San Francisco, but he never live in Elgin. He have an apartment in Chicago when he commute. She not sure if it was his or a woman he know. But not for long and he lived there for short period. She sent him e-mail for some pictures from his boat, and more stuff. She say he laughed, and say too much rain right now. If you know Recca man he a private guy, he always be that way. Not elitist or stuffy, just don't put it all out there. he do what he do. She tell him I tell some old stories on the internet and he laugh about it so I don't feel bad. He say just don't tell the Jeff Beck stories so I won't. I'm gonna get some more photos.

Hector, my man u gotta let the sun shine bro, Chin Lee don't tell you no wrong....

I'm Chin Lee dammit.
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 5:41 pm

Welcome back Chin Lee - your posts always brighten my day!
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
ChinLee

ChinLee

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 6:05 pm

Thank you Richard! Brightens my day too, but it does make life seem so short. Seems like yesterday, or last week but it was quite a while ago now.

I' m Chin Lee bro,
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 6:33 pm

ChinLee wrote:
ohh Yee's of little faith. Who the conspiracy guy here? Maybe he changed his name to Mel Gibson too. That not him, or maybe him from long time ago. Snaggs say he met some young metal guys in the 80's and did studio work for them as a favor in Chicago many years ago, about time when he lived in San Francisco, but he never live in Elgin. He have an apartment in Chicago when he commute. She not sure if it was his or a woman he know. But not for long and he lived there for short period. She sent him e-mail for some pictures from his boat, and more stuff. She say he laughed, and say too much rain right now. If you know Recca man he a private guy, he always be that way. Not elitist or stuffy, just don't put it all out there. he do what he do. She tell him I tell some old stories on the internet and he laugh about it so I don't feel bad. He say just don't tell the Jeff Beck stories so I won't. I'm gonna get some more photos.

Hector, my man u gotta let the sun shine bro, Chin Lee don't tell you no wrong....

I'm Chin Lee dammit.

Well man...I did not mean to say that you were lying, it's just that I think that these stories are...kind of weird. Sorry if I offended you my friend Wink now I will trust you!
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 8:12 pm

adams66 wrote:
Welcome back Chin Lee - your posts always brighten my day!
Cheers,
Richard

Mine too!

Jimmy Recca is like Austin Powers - an "International Man Of Mystery"
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 9:05 pm

There should be a book and all..."Where's Recca?" like Waldo.

Chin Lee...tell us more stories about him!
Back to top Go down
ChinLee

ChinLee

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 12:45 am

Muchas grabmyass bro!!
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 12:48 am

ChinLee wrote:
Muchas grabmyass bro!!

De nada tolete Wink
Back to top Go down
ChinLee

ChinLee

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 1:04 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
Bella

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 1:43 am

I think I know that guy!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?   Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to Jimmy Recca?
Page 4 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next