Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Recordings of bands at the same gigs as the Stooges

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

Recordings of bands at the same gigs as the Stooges Empty
PostSubject: Recordings of bands at the same gigs as the Stooges   Recordings of bands at the same gigs as the Stooges Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 12:58 am

I want to try and find out what recordings are out there of bands who played alongside the original Stooges, so if anyone can add to this list.

What I'm aware of:

26 May 1968 - Grande Ballroom (MC5)
6/7 Sep 1968 - First Unitarian Church (MC5)
30/31 Oct 1968 - Grande Ballroom (MC5)
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Recordings of bands at the same gigs as the Stooges   Recordings of bands at the same gigs as the Stooges Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 12:43 pm

stooges and mc5 played together many times,most recordings were done by j.sinclair but he never recorded stooges because borrowing taperecorders and tape were expensive and he was not their manager,he told me in 1996
Back to top Go down
zenta138

zenta138

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Recordings of bands at the same gigs as the Stooges   Recordings of bands at the same gigs as the Stooges Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 3:56 pm

got this from i-94 bar interview with ron...

K: Day before yesterday was the 30th anniversary of the recording of Kick Out the Jams, and the Stooges were the opening band. Any thoughts on that?

R: When they did the Kick Out the Jams record? Actually, we weren't the opening band. We didn't play, but we were certainly in the audience. I'm pretty sure we didn't play...I don't remember playing, but I know I wanted to be there, and I was there. I think The Up played.

If I remember correctly, we didn't play, 'cause it was very tense and they were very stressed out, and they wanted to keep it low-key. So they just had something very simple, not to make it a major production, I believe. We were there, though, and now I'm kind of glad that we didn't play, because they were really stressed out and some of them took acid to record...I know Wayne (Kramer) did. He got an SG that night and he usually played a Stratocaster, but he thought the SG had a little more balls. I remember him saying, "Gee, it was pretty strange playing a different guitar, not really being used to it and being on acid. " Dude, I couldn't have done it. No way.[/i]
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Recordings of bands at the same gigs as the Stooges   Recordings of bands at the same gigs as the Stooges Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 8:04 pm

Thanks for confirming that Zenta, I knew there was some doubt, and if Ron doesn't remember it, I'm sure they didn't play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recordings of bands at the same gigs as the Stooges   Recordings of bands at the same gigs as the Stooges Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recordings of bands at the same gigs as the Stooges
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Down on the Street.-
Jump to: