Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date

Go down 
+57
StoogesFan
c-deep
Garageman
coffeepotman
citizensmurf
popmansam
dan b
Cato
iggy
dorianmode
scott
iggy-fan
Nitebob
Luzern
dk
Lucas
rokyforever
francois
gasman124
elvis plebsley
LuckyMonkey
pjpeanutz
Aku
CARLTON
mark
dynamite boogie
ElRoi
trailerborn
comaman
napalm_cheetah
Donald
the5thramone37
Borntohula
Nadja
Natalie
cb
Rode Hard
Iguanas
dtklamf
JW82
MJG196
Funhousehideaway#2
Chemmy
studioguy
Monger
Rob Gallucci
tompa67
gazatthebop
don_vercetti
lolakelly
G, F#, E
larry fine
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
homesickjameswilliamson
adams66
mc
23rd Express
61 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 8:42 pm

Its just iggy saying some stuff, and the crowd speaking the same thing and at the end (its one like 40secs long) iggy shouts "children of the night" cant remember the exact words

dont worry its not a long lost track!
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:04 pm

elvis plebsley wrote:
I've listened to two of the disks so far and Ron n James sound fantastic together - it's a pity that Iggy's so low in the mix, but I knew that woulod be the case from the samples.
So, can you hear Iggy any better in the mix by cranking up the volume? I listened to all the samples and was a bit disappointed by how low Iggy was in the mix considering how awesome the music sounds. I'm hoping that the vocals on the actual CD tracks playing over a real sound system will be a little more dynamic. It's just really incomprehensable why there weren't at least a few professional live recordings made of such a ass kicking band.

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:
I'm in the US, so will have to wait till probley Tuesday/Wednesday.
Me too.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:07 pm

Well the boxset is great Smile My booklet was slightly crumpled and the polaroids were a bit of a pain to get out but otherwise it's great Very Happy Well done Easy Action cheers
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:32 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
Well the boxset is great Smile My booklet was slightly crumpled and the polaroids were a bit of a pain to get out but otherwise it's great Very Happy Well done Easy Action cheers

You folks need to stop torturing those of us here in the US.
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:36 pm

In all of your expert opinions, of all the Stooges live material where would these recordings rank?
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:48 pm

I have to stop reading this thread. It is torture to hear about it and not have it in my hot little hands and in my ears!

I need to hear these songs again.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 12:00 am

Well the energy is amazing. Personally for me disc 1 is the best in terms quality. Although Iggy's vocals are sorta swamped the rest of the band is pretty on a par with "Metallic KO" if not better. The songs are all incredible it's a crime Elektra didn't want a second album. Anywa, listen to it LOUD! Very Happy Sorry it's like I'm rubbing it in but I'm just dead excited hearing it all.
Back to top Go down
tompa67

tompa67

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 12:41 am

I never had any doubt that EA would deliver. Hopefully it arrives next week.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 2:40 am

I'd say theyre up there with the best of the bootlegs, granted you cant hear the vocals on some of them, but its the guitars!

like G said its the energy! this band sound like they're killing the audience - in a good way lol

i still maintain big time bum is one of my favourite songs of the stooges, the power from it after iggy says "1, 2, 3,4!" and it kicks in, and it was so cool to finally blast it out of my speakers today!
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 2:51 am

I love "Dead Body" so much, what a riff! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 2:54 am

yeh dead body is so cool, theyre all amazing, think my favourite disc is disc two, night two of the electric circus

like i said, i love big time bum - iggys song names are funny too i love black like me and st louis adolescent nightmare (which, incidentally, is spelt wrong on the package) and new york pussy smells like dog shit lol i love when they audience all erupt at that all the women lol

its a crime this wasnt properly recorded, even by the band, they're amazing songs, although i think this boxset finally does them justice
Back to top Go down
gasman124

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 12:06 pm

Its a really good package quick ask 2 of my polaroids are the same iggy sat down in the dressing room is this a mistake? seems strange to get 2 of the same? My packaging fine staples holding but who cares its the music and the band we care about and they sound fantastic.We all can hear from the samples that iggys vocals are buried BUT it would hard to make yourself heard over this band! Big shout for the 2 intrumentals that just feature the Ashetons and Recca i think these are bloody fantastic lots of wah wah etc shame theres not more of this! Big Big thanks to Easy Action for releasing this for us fans its fantastic and this has me excited for the next stooges easy action release! Hoping easy action putting out some live 1970 stuff will get rhino into action with there live stuff (+ they have a real good live elevators from 66 they need to sort out as well!!)
Back to top Go down
CARLTON

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 1:51 pm

well relief so far ! please address any queries to us at EA there should be 3 different colour polaroids Plus 1 B&w photo of iggy plus a ticket . if your package doesnt have this let us know .

hope fully those of you who now have the package will understand what i have attempting to describe for the past 12 months ..what a sound ..what a band .

If you are happy with what we have done please feel free to leave a mini review on the ea stooges1971 web page

it has been my constant frustration for 12 months why on earth there isnt a decent recording anywhere in the world of this line up or these songs . but i think we have everything in there .

c
Back to top Go down
elvis plebsley

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 5:39 pm

disk 3; Dead Body, fanfuckingtastic. Ron is burning the place down
Back to top Go down
Monger

Monger

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 8:58 pm

At last its out...i hope my sets and shirts arrive this week! cant wait!
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:22 pm

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
Big Time Bum (track 5, disc 2) is still one of my favourite tracks of this boxset, btu also of the bands songs, hits me every time, just played it really loud there now, amazing

listening to the first disc, sounds great,i love iggys introductions, like after the false start i got a right "..alright, lets kick it!" or "maestro..." before you dont want my name

btw, what are you supposed to do with the faux-japanese slip that came with it on the side? lol i dont know where to put it

great set though, really worth everything i think, well blasting big time bum is worth everything alone, the rest is just a bonus lol

Don't throw your obi (the paper slip on the outside) away. It fits horizontally right in the middle of the cd sleeves.

Real Japanese mini lp cds lose up to 50% of their value without the obi - crazy as this seems.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 4:15 pm

Quote :
Real Japanese mini lp cds lose up to 50% of their value without the obi - crazy as this seems.

dont worry, havent thrown it out

but, are you kidding? 50%, why?
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 8:55 pm

Don't know just crazy collectors. Japanese Vinyl has always sold at a premium and now they do these CD papersleeve mini lp type things which are really nice - there's one for Raw Power but not the 1st album or Funhouse, I hope they do those.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 8:58 pm

Has everyone in the UK who ordered the box got it yet? I got the one which was sent to my home address but the order where I used my office address hasn't showed up yet.

Ted 1 or 2?
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 9:06 pm

half sent on Friday, the other half ships today. I hope mine was Friday : )

I wonder if anyone in the US got theirs today ?
Back to top Go down
23rd Express

23rd Express

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 10:12 pm

MC - I haven't received mine as yet. I expected it in the box today but nowt. I wondered if it was a distro issue above the M25 but its distro acoss the UK seems a bit mixed at the moment. Is it a big package with both t-shirt and boxset? Perhaps the sorting office still haven't got the backlog sorted out? Another postal strike might disrupt things further.
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 10:47 pm

I haven't received mine either. I'm hoping it will be here before the end of the week.

Last edited by ElRoi on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 10:58 pm

nothing received here in mcr
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 1:23 pm

Back to top Go down
CARLTON

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 2:40 pm

well done for the photos .lovely clean carpet too ! all orders received up to 16th september have all been shipped . On friday all cd only orders went out globally . on monday all orders with t shirts went out globally . this week we will be processing orders that have arrived since 16th september . I got mine this morning and im pleased in general there are one or two things im still unsure about but at the end of the day i think we did a good job and im proud of it .

If anyone has any live recordings from 1970 please get in touch we are processing some now in EA sound hospital but want to know if there is any more out there .

We are working hard on getting the james williamson album turned around as fast as possible this will be CD/DVD package and very very limited double coloured vinyl LP with dvd package (possibly signed )

s'all for now folks

and thanks hugely for the brilliant comments its this that keeps us going ! cheers
carlton
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date
Page 8 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next