Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date

Go down 
+57
StoogesFan
c-deep
Garageman
coffeepotman
citizensmurf
popmansam
dan b
Cato
iggy
dorianmode
scott
iggy-fan
Nitebob
Luzern
dk
Lucas
rokyforever
francois
gasman124
elvis plebsley
LuckyMonkey
pjpeanutz
Aku
CARLTON
mark
dynamite boogie
ElRoi
trailerborn
comaman
napalm_cheetah
Donald
the5thramone37
Borntohula
Nadja
Natalie
cb
Rode Hard
Iguanas
dtklamf
JW82
MJG196
Funhousehideaway#2
Chemmy
studioguy
Monger
Rob Gallucci
tompa67
gazatthebop
don_vercetti
lolakelly
G, F#, E
larry fine
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
homesickjameswilliamson
adams66
mc
23rd Express
61 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 5:32 pm

ElRoi wrote:
F*CK FED EX!!!!!!!! It looked like I was finally going to get my box set, but f*cking FedEx decided that my secluded neighborhood full of old people was a"nonsecure" condition. I was gone a little over an hour this morning and those assholes came by not 25 minutes before I got back and thus refused to leave the goddamn thing in my carport. Now I either have to drive 20 miles to the FedEx hub at 6:00 this evening to pick it up or wait until tomorrow. If that frickin' package has so much as a smudge on it I'm going to stick my foot so far up some FedEx persons ass that they'll need a Proctologist to remove it.

Old people can be cleptos! lol

Look on the positive side, FedEx wasn't going to take a chance with your mail and felt it would be more secure in their own facility. If they would have left it, and it would have disappeared, THEN you would be up a creek!
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 5:50 pm

mg196 wrote:
ElRoi wrote:
F*CK FED EX!!!!!!!! It looked like I was finally going to get my box set, but f*cking FedEx decided that my secluded neighborhood full of old people was a"nonsecure" condition. I was gone a little over an hour this morning and those assholes came by not 25 minutes before I got back and thus refused to leave the goddamn thing in my carport. Now I either have to drive 20 miles to the FedEx hub at 6:00 this evening to pick it up or wait until tomorrow. If that frickin' package has so much as a smudge on it I'm going to stick my foot so far up some FedEx persons ass that they'll need a Proctologist to remove it.

Old people can be cleptos! lol

Look on the positive side, FedEx wasn't going to take a chance with your mail and felt it would be more secure in their own facility. If they would have left it, and it would have disappeared, THEN you would be up a creek!

Point taken. However, I have never had anything lifted that had been delivered in over 15 years of living here. Now it's on some frickin' truck riding around for the rest of the day probably having other packages thrown on top of it. I would have rather risked having it left on my carport that having it thrown around that truck and then being recycled through the system for another go around tomorrow. I am going to go pick it up this evening and as I said, if that damn package has so much a smudge or scrape on it I'm going to verbally abuse some FedEx clerk beyond belief. I have signed numerous release forms in the past that allowed them to leave my shit, but now they say that each and every package has to be signed for to be delivered. I told them that wouldn't be a problem for me any longer because I would never use their asinine service again if at all possible. This whole situation is just frickin' intolerable. First the piece of crap UPSP loses or whatever the hell happened to the first one and now I have to drive 20 miles to the FedEx hub if I don't want it to be cycled back through those idiots system and then ride around on a truck tomorrow while I have to sit and wait around all day for them to deliver it. This frickin' country is for shit when it comes to customer service. Complete shit.
Back to top Go down
StoogesFan

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 7:58 pm

Hey ElRoi,

in one sense you are lucky. I regularly dispatch to the US via international courier (it is a large part of my day job) and it is entirely possible that US Customs & Excise could have held onto it until import duty was paid.

Delivering without a signature is actually a complicated business. Many courier companies simply refuse to do so. Others say it is okay provided that the sender gives written permission when the package is collected, while still others require the receiver to give permission as the item is deemed to legally be their property. Give FedEx a break - it really is not their fault.

After all this, I hope you enjoy the CD's.
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 8:38 pm

StoogesFan wrote:
Hey ElRoi,

in one sense you are lucky. I regularly dispatch to the US via international courier (it is a large part of my day job) and it is entirely possible that US Customs & Excise could have held onto it until import duty was paid.

Delivering without a signature is actually a complicated business. Many courier companies simply refuse to do so. Others say it is okay provided that the sender gives written permission when the package is collected, while still others require the receiver to give permission as the item is deemed to legally be their property. Give FedEx a break - it really is not their fault.

After all this, I hope you enjoy the CD's.

The true screw up in all this is the piece of crap United States Post Office. Those idiots managed to lose the first one. If it weren't for their complete incompetence I would have had mine and been listening to it around the same time as everyone else.

Thanks for the encouragement though. I pray to what ever gods are in control of such matters that I am happily listening to Iggy and the guys by 7:00 PM EST.
Otherwise...Suicide
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 2:05 am

Wooooooo Whoooooo! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE!!!

It looks awesome. This is some top notch packaging. No tears. No scrapes. Perfect. It really looks as professional as anything Rhino or Columbia-Legacy would produce. Thank you Edie for all your patience and persistence in getting this to me in perfect condition. Thank you Carlton for your devotion to the Stooges and their fans. I gotta take my son to saxophone lessons, so I want get to listen to it until later. Anyway, I'll post some photos of it then.
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 2:09 am

ElRoi wrote:
Wooooooo Whoooooo! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE!!!

It looks awesome. This is some top notch packaging. No tears. No scrapes. Perfect. It really looks as professional as anything Rhino or Columbia-Legacy would produce. Thank you Edie for all your patience and persistence in getting this to me in perfect condition. Thank you Carlton for your devotion to the Stooges and their fans. I gotta take my son to saxophone lessons, so I want get to listen to it until later. Anyway, I'll post some photos of it then.

bounce Cool!! bounce

It's about time
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 2:26 am

Congrats !!
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 6:30 am

Man, if the vocals had only been as audible as the instruments these recordings would have been some of the most kick ass Stooges performances ever. There still damn good even for lo-fi. I am completely satisfied with this box set. For what EA had to work with I doubt anyone could have done any better. If Electra had not been so frickin' short sighted and had supported the guys with some proper live recordings of these performances these would have been monumental. I'm on Disc 1 "Big Time Bum." For 1971 this is cutting edge music.

If Iggy had only invited James back in 2003 we might have had a chance to have heard these very performances recreated. We still might yet, but it won't be the same without Ron.
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 7:03 am

I think Disc 3 is probably the best, no?
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 7:33 am

mg196 wrote:
I think Disc 3 is probably the best, no?
Just started that one.

Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Img3184editEasy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Img3185editEasy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Img3188editEasy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Img3189editEasy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Img3191editEasy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Img3192editEasy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Img3193editEasy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Img3194editEasy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Img3201editEasy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Img3202edit
Back to top Go down
Monger

Monger

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 8:09 am

At long last...mine were deivered...no damage here,all sets and shirts accounted for and it think they look great
Labor of love and i am satisfied!
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 10:31 am

There is some blisteringly wicked guitar work from Ron and James on these recordings. Scott and Jimmy Recca are hammering it too. I bet it was an incredible experience to have witnessed these shows. There just isn't any band today doing anything this intense. Well, except for the Stooges of course.
Back to top Go down
napalm_cheetah

napalm_cheetah

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 5:53 pm

I'm thinking of getting it but from another website. It's about 20£ more expensive but I will get it within 3-5 days.
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 6:39 pm

napalm_cheetah wrote:
I'm thinking of getting it but from another website. It's about 20£ more expensive but I will get it within 3-5 days.

I seriously don't think the delay was EA's fault. Once they shipped them it was out of their hands. The UK was/is having some sort of postal problems and for us here in the states the USPS are just plainly crappy. Once the folks at EA were sure that mine had been lost they were quick to FedEx me a replaement. I am just a impatient SOB and wrongly bad mouth them in the forums. They probably should have originally used better shipping packaging, but I imagine after the complaints on here that they are now shipping them out in cardboard. Mine came in two layers of cardboard and a plastic bag. They seem to be determined to satisfy their customers, but I would think they would want you to use whatever method you are comfortable with just as long as you get it. If you are a real Stooges fan you probably want to get it.
Back to top Go down
Perdu

Perdu

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 1:15 am

It gets better with every repeated listen.
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 7:05 am

It is in heavy rotation around here. I give it a rest for a few days or a week and then when I listen to it again I appreciate it all over again.
Back to top Go down
Rob Gallucci

Rob Gallucci

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 9:01 pm

Per, based on his having already heard the songs, said that the set was as vital as those from the eras of "The Stooges," "Fun House" and "RawPower" - and he was absolutely right. I haven't stopped playing it (especially discs 1 & 3) since I got the set. It was a long wait through the summer to get it, but oh so worth the wait!
Back to top Go down
Cosmicloner

Cosmicloner

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2010-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Damn, what for an awesome release! I'm speechless. It's so exciting to listen to this line-up and I'm so glad that Easy Action released this box set. The packaging is fantastic. Well, it's a bit sad that it's almost impossible to hear Iggy's vocals during both shows at The Electric Circus while, on the other hand, I'm so grateful that some recorded this shows. The two-guitar attack of Ron and James is incredibly powerful.

It would've been great, if the Stooges would have had the chance to record an album with this line-up. 'You Don't Want my Name, You Want My Action' is essential for every Stooges fan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosmiclava.com
Perdu

Perdu

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 4:58 pm

Ditto. Well worth any wait.
Back to top Go down
Cosmicloner

Cosmicloner

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2010-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 5:08 pm

Yes, I seconded that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosmiclava.com
lucifer

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 7:05 pm

received mine after 1 month of ordering it through Amazon!
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 4:17 pm

Really? that sucks.

I got mine yesterday (mon).
Ordered it thru Amazon and their 'Prime' delivery service on the Friday. It's supposed to be next day delivery - but I guess it was late afternoon when I put my order thru so I'm assuming that was the delay.

packaging is OK. I'm not sure the binding would take much abuse. The Johnny Cash box set (with slipcases) I have would have been a much better design to use. Of course this would probably have been an expensive choice.
love the band photos. and the photos of the tapes are a really nice touch.

only listened to disk 1&2 so far. there's such a groove to these songs. its amazing. shame they are practically instrumentals since Iggys vox are lost in the sheer volume of ron n james. those must have been damn loud gig to have been at!

It would be amazing to hear these as studio versions. Much more so than the Bomp stuff thats out there. Just incase the new line-up do decided to re-record stuff. this would be a great place to start.
Back to top Go down
Perdu

Perdu

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 4:27 pm

Aside: the close-up of silver glitter-bespattered Ig in this package (as seen above) appears in color in the Robert Matheu book. Both work as stark, crazed images.
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 3:48 pm

I love this box set so much.
Its disk 1 for me.
I think someone else mentioned on another thread that the sound quality deteriorates from 1 to 4. i guess thats is why they are in this order and not chronological to gig dates.

just been re-reading Paul T's Open up & bleed -- and he mentions a Chicago show recording. I wonder how that compares and why it perhaps wasn't included.
Back to top Go down
Perdu

Perdu

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 4:55 pm

Disc 1 for headphones, Disc 3 to blast in the car!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date   Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Easy Action 1971 Box Set - Delivery date
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next