Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

the best and the worst iggy lyrics

Go down 
+11
mc
Donald
Loose1969
Natalie
homesickjameswilliamson
dynamite boogie
G, F#, E
Nadja
soldier
Aku
dumdumboy
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dumdumboy

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-07-02

the best and the worst iggy lyrics Empty
PostSubject: the best and the worst iggy lyrics   the best and the worst iggy lyrics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 4:56 am

iggys best lyrics i believe are anything off raw power such as " blow my cool bite my lip see you baby on my death trip" and the worst by a mile is the solo single home " home boy home boy everybody needs a home, boy.: what do you think
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the best and the worst iggy lyrics   the best and the worst iggy lyrics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 4:16 pm

Last edited by ZinZin on Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Aku

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: the best and the worst iggy lyrics   the best and the worst iggy lyrics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 4:28 pm

I love the lyrics on Brick By Brick album, I think "Home" is great little poem.

If you want crappy lyrics, check out the Party album...I think there's a song where he goes " WE ARE GOIN TO GET MORE BEER, WE ARE GOIN TO GET MORE BEER!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the best and the worst iggy lyrics   the best and the worst iggy lyrics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 4:33 pm

Aku wrote:
" WE ARE GOIN TO GET MORE BEER, WE ARE GOIN TO GET MORE BEER!"
hahahaha.. now that is a great text!
lol!

Last edited by ZinZin on Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
soldier

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2007-06-17

PostSubject: Re: the best and the worst iggy lyrics   the best and the worst iggy lyrics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 4:37 pm

ZinZin wrote:
Aku wrote:
If you want crappy lyrics, check out the Party album...I think there's a song where he goes " WE ARE GOIN TO GET MORE BEER, WE ARE GOIN TO GET MORE BEER!"
hahahaha.. lol!

cool lyrics and so true Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: the best and the worst iggy lyrics   the best and the worst iggy lyrics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 4:39 pm

I like the lyrics to 'No Fun' the most. Simple but not simplistic, always hit home.
I love the very phrase 'No sense of crime' too, from the song of that title.
Among the worst - stuff like 'The End of Christianity'. Altho I suppose those lyrics aren't so much bad as just baffling. Or ill-conceived.
Iggy solo I know hardly anything about. I've never liked 'the city's ripped backside' from 'The Passenger' though.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: the best and the worst iggy lyrics   the best and the worst iggy lyrics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 5:56 pm

Iggy has a bad habit of following a profound lyric with something totally stupid and cringe-worthy. Take "Greedy Awful people":

"I´m sad and lonely baby because I can´t live among my class
I´m thinking only baby of scoring your piece of ass"
Back to top Go down
dynamite boogie

dynamite boogie

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-07-19

PostSubject: Re: the best and the worst iggy lyrics   the best and the worst iggy lyrics Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 10:47 am

can't help thinking that 'my dick is turning into a tree' from trollin' is pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/redelektra69
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: the best and the worst iggy lyrics   the best and the worst iggy lyrics Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:42 pm

yeh iggys had some bad lyrics, its annoying because he sometimes can be one of the most underrated lyricists around i think, some stuff is truly amazing, but some stuff is terrible and i think it over shadows the great stuff

listening to brick by brick atm, i wont crap out, never could swallow

"The sun will shine and give us a hug
The world will sing like a happy bug"
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: the best and the worst iggy lyrics   the best and the worst iggy lyrics Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 10:54 pm

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:

"The sun will shine and give us a hug
The world will sing like a happy bug"

hahaha...think I should try and listen to this
gives me a nice dippy sort of feeling actually Eat Pizza
better use of 'nature' imagery than that 'dick turning into a tree' stuff anyway haha
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: the best and the worst iggy lyrics   the best and the worst iggy lyrics Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 12:15 am

haha, yeh its uplifting...lol

you should listen to it, its a good song, and the albums one of iggys better ones
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: the best and the worst iggy lyrics   the best and the worst iggy lyrics Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 5:43 am

I always thought the best imagery Iggy ever composed was Raw Power's got a Son Called Rock and Roll!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: the best and the worst iggy lyrics   the best and the worst iggy lyrics Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 5:47 am

Boy this is a toughie...I like the lyrics from Home actually.

Gotta think about this one...I'll be back.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: the best and the worst iggy lyrics   the best and the worst iggy lyrics Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:16 pm

Quote :
Raw Power's got a Son Called Rock and Roll!!!!!

yeh, thats such a cool line, and quite true as well considering it went on to influence loads more music, esp 77 punk

i was watching a thing on punk recently, called punk:attitude or something like that and i never realised how much, or at least i'd forgotten just how important stooges are to music

it seems almost like it was the stones, the stooges, then everything else, i know there was more than that (esp those who influenced the stooges, the doors, the velvet underground etc) but in terms of rock n roll and later punk, everything that came after them

it seems like it was stooges, then the us punk stuff like suicide, patti smith, television then uk punk stuff pistols xray spex etc then the new wave 'blondie' etc, post punk the fall etc then you get to the mid 80s and the tv show said it disappeared but only because it wasnt in the news or wasnt this big thing, essentially that people knew what it was, but bands like black flag and sonic youth started; and more hardcore stuff in the us again
then came the 90s and nirvana etc and then from them all the modern music, or contemporary music came from

just goes to show how important the stooges are, if anything they're as important if not more, than as dylan put it ''the first and last rock n roll band", the stones

sorry thats a bit off the point, but its a great line and couldnt help pointing out how prophetic it would be! lol
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: the best and the worst iggy lyrics   the best and the worst iggy lyrics Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:37 pm

Mixin' the Colors always make me cringe. I guess he means well but it just comes across as incredibly lame. "Some they don't like it/but me I don't mind". Good for you Mr Pop.
In fact much of American Caesar strikes me as unfinished lyrically. I'm sure if he'd spent more time on it he could have written some good stuff.
Home I like because it seems he is actually singing about something close to his heart.
Back to top Go down
Aku

PostSubject: Re: the best and the worst iggy lyrics   the best and the worst iggy lyrics Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:37 pm

Donald wrote:
Mixin' the Colors always make me cringe. I guess he means well but it just comes across as incredibly lame. "Some they don't like it/but me I don't mind". Good for you Mr Pop.
In fact much of American Caesar strikes me as unfinished lyrically. I'm sure if he'd spent more time on it he could have written some good stuff.
Home I like because it seems he is actually singing about something close to his heart.

Hah, actually...Iggy himself has said that " Mixin The Colours" is one of his finest lyrics, He was really poud of that...

I love every song on the Avenue B album, - and that's mainly because of the lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Aku

PostSubject: Re: the best and the worst iggy lyrics   the best and the worst iggy lyrics Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:44 pm

whoops...I tried to say that Iggy was really proud of the lyrics in " Mixin The Colours" .....

and in my opinion, iggy's best lyrics can be found on Avenue B album...I think the whole album is kinda " poetry record" ...There's lot of spoken word pieces...and some of his great poetry in there...Avenue B reminds me of Lou Reed at his best, tho...Lou was never that good...I think Iggy kicked Lou up the ass on that one.
If you want great lyrics, check that album.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: the best and the worst iggy lyrics   the best and the worst iggy lyrics Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:47 pm

a bit off-topic sorry but as an almost total newbie to iggy solo, maybe I should try Avenue B? is the music any good?
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: the best and the worst iggy lyrics   the best and the worst iggy lyrics Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:58 pm

Avenue B is a great record, but if you want to start listening to iggy properly or just listening to some of his stuff, start chronologically

kill city is amazing, one of his/james' best, then real iggy solo, the idiot and lust for life, amazing albums

then i guess take your pick, iggys hard to listen to for someone who isnt used to it, it can seem quite difficult, theres ups and down, new values is a great album, soldier is decent and party is....

zombie birdhouse is a great album, blah blah blah is a decent album, nad pretty good ''80s album'', instinct is just chunky thug rock, but again is pretty good at that, well decent

been listening to brick by brick alot recently and its got some great songs on it, american caesur is one of iggys best albums i think, one of my favourites too, great songs and some great lyrics, great album overall, maybe a bit longer than it needs to be

naughty little doggie is alright, big riffs big sound big guitar, alright, good if you like iggy but it is thug rock, avenue B is a great record, though i didnt 'get' it until i listened to nightclubbing I the gig he did with johnny depp and vanessa paradis, i thought it worked better live

beat em up is alright, more thug guitar etc, tbh, i still havent 'got' this album yet, skull rings one of iggys better ones, and stooges are great one it and his backing band the troll do some of the best songs, its a great album and of course, most recently we have preliminaires, and in reading the book its based on i can say its great lyrically and fits in really well with the book, although i liked it before i read it, i think its a great album, one of iggys best

so take your pick from that, though my personal favourites would be

idiot
lust for life
zombie birdhouse
american caesur
skull ring
preliminaires

and if i had to do the big three it would probably be idiot/caesur/preliminaires

hope that helps
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: the best and the worst iggy lyrics   the best and the worst iggy lyrics Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 2:08 pm

Aku wrote:
whoops...I tried to say that Iggy was really proud of the lyrics in " Mixin The Colours" .....

and in my opinion, iggy's best lyrics can be found on Avenue B album...I think the whole album is kinda " poetry record" ...There's lot of spoken word pieces...and some of his great poetry in there...Avenue B reminds me of Lou Reed at his best, tho...Lou was never that good...I think Iggy kicked Lou up the ass on that one.
If you want great lyrics, check that album.

Poud or proud, it's still pants.
However, Avenue B has got much more listenable lyrics. Again, possibly because much of it sounds personal.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: the best and the worst iggy lyrics   the best and the worst iggy lyrics Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 3:19 pm

I like the line from Gimme Some Skin - she shoots speed and she smokes grass, she shoots speed right up her ass - wonder who he's talking about.
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: the best and the worst iggy lyrics   the best and the worst iggy lyrics Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 3:36 pm

I like a lot of Iggy's lyrics. So it is quite difficult for me to choose the best one. I am also not sure about the worst one. I can only say that 'my idea of fun is killing everyone' is quite bizarre lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: the best and the worst iggy lyrics   the best and the worst iggy lyrics Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 3:53 pm

JW82 wrote:
I like a lot of Iggy's lyrics. So it is quite difficult for me to choose the best one. I am also not sure about the worst one. I can only say that 'my idea of fun is killing everyone' is quite bizarre lol.

I know Iggy's never been peace and love but I agree My Idea of Fun is a bit weird.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

PostSubject: Re: the best and the worst iggy lyrics   the best and the worst iggy lyrics Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 5:05 pm

yeh what was my idea of fun about, not the content, but the context i mean

was it just a 'lets impeach bush' kinda thing that everyone seems to have done at that time or is he serious or what? like this line for instance;

"Now is the season for war with no reason"

great song, one of Ron's best but the lyrical contents not great, actually in saying that it has some typically weird iggy lyrics no one except him could get away with;

"Attention thrills, and then it kills
They make you king, and make you ill
'Til you're alone, dead on your throne"

and i think this is a great stanza;

"They break your skin, when you're a kid
They steal your soul, and keep it hid
And that is why, I hate mankind"
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: the best and the worst iggy lyrics   the best and the worst iggy lyrics Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 6:23 pm

mc wrote:
JW82 wrote:

I know Iggy's never been peace and love but I agree My Idea of Fun is a bit weird.

I thought it was one of the better songs lyrics-wise on The Weirdness ...
anyway surely he doesn't mean killing everyone literally .. hmmm ...
didn't he say once that it was metaphorical, trying to get away from people cuz a lot of them mess you up or don't recognize who you really are or something. Well whatever I guess...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the best and the worst iggy lyrics   the best and the worst iggy lyrics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the best and the worst iggy lyrics
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next