Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

wylde ratttz

Go down 
+4
homesickjameswilliamson
dynamite boogie
Nadja
sway
8 posters
AuthorMessage
sway

sway

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2009-08-06

wylde ratttz Empty
PostSubject: wylde ratttz   wylde ratttz Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 12:41 pm

i LOVE the wylde ratttz, really wish someone would officially release ALL OF IT. all the members that partook in this project made perfect sense. seems thurston moore of sonic youth should release it on ecstatic peace (considering the fact that he was an actual member, as well as a stooges enthusiast)...w/ extensive liner notes consisting of memories/etc from all the other folks that were involved. ..and totalllly dedicate it to asheton. its probally some of my fav ron material outside of the actual stooges.

on that note...

ive heard, but do not know for sure....the ron asheton song "dead end street" that was featured on wayne kramer's "beyond cyberpunk" comp...was this actually i wylde ratttz song? it makes sense that it would be, but still. if not, that could quite possibly mean there is other unreleased asheton material. i know iggy's made it quite clear that there was some stuff he ws working on before he died, but still.....
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

wylde ratttz Empty
PostSubject: Re: wylde ratttz   wylde ratttz Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 1:02 pm

sway wrote:
i LOVE the wylde ratttz, really wish someone would officially release ALL OF IT. ....

I definitely second that. I think life would be easier with official releases ... certainly with Ron's non-stooges stuff, just wish it could be more readily available, as a general thing
Someone should come out with a great compilation of his work in tribute to him or something. Such an important musician, he should get more official recognition, not just for his work with the Stooges.
anyway back to the Wylde Ratttz...
Back to top Go down
sway

sway

wylde ratttz Empty
PostSubject: Re: wylde ratttz   wylde ratttz Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 1:05 pm

theres certainly an albums worth of material....maybe more.

id thought id heard it all...then one of the good peeps from to live and shave in LA streamed even more stuff i hadnt heard (shortly after rons death). i dont think its avail. anymore.

should have snaked in when i had the chance...haha
Back to top Go down
dynamite boogie

dynamite boogie

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-07-19

wylde ratttz Empty
PostSubject: Re: wylde ratttz   wylde ratttz Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 1:48 pm

i am pretty sure that 'dead end street' was not a wylde ratttz track as ron played all instruments and did vocals. what i do know is that he recorded several other songs at the time of the cyberpunk compilation that were not released.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/redelektra69
sway

sway

wylde ratttz Empty
PostSubject: Re: wylde ratttz   wylde ratttz Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 1:50 pm

that...is AWESOME news! hopefully something will be done with this stuff. ron deserves it, and so does his fans.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

wylde ratttz Empty
PostSubject: Re: wylde ratttz   wylde ratttz Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 4:54 pm

i hope someone like easyaction will release a 'Ron' boxset, non stooges stuff kinda thing, with DAM and wylde ratttz and songs he did solo like dead end street and the cyberpunk thing, that would be great
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

wylde ratttz Empty
PostSubject: Re: wylde ratttz   wylde ratttz Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 5:37 pm

dynamite boogie wrote:
i am pretty sure that 'dead end street' was not a wylde ratttz track as ron played all instruments and did vocals. what i do know is that he recorded several other songs at the time of the cyberpunk compilation that were not released.

how I'd love to hear those!!

one day maybe...
Back to top Go down
Rob Gallucci

Rob Gallucci

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-03-03

wylde ratttz Empty
PostSubject: Re: wylde ratttz   wylde ratttz Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 10:39 pm

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
i hope someone like easyaction will release a 'Ron' boxset, non stooges stuff kinda thing, with DAM and wylde ratttz and songs he did solo like dead end street and the cyberpunk thing, that would be great

And maybe "Stinger Up Yours" from the end titles of "Mosquito."
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

wylde ratttz Empty
PostSubject: Re: wylde ratttz   wylde ratttz Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 10:43 pm

Quote :

And maybe "Stinger Up Yours" from the end titles of "Mosquito."

dont think ive ever heard that one, speaking of though, is there anyway of gettin those b-movies he did, are they online, i think i remmeber seeing about 30secs of Mosquito though
Back to top Go down
lolakelly

lolakelly

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-03-06

wylde ratttz Empty
PostSubject: Re: wylde ratttz   wylde ratttz Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 12:07 am

I have all but one of Ron's movies, and am getting the last one in about a week. Did any of them got a UK release?

A friend of mine used to have US/ Euro dvd conversion setup - I can see if he still does .... United Kingdom is region 2, right?
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

wylde ratttz Empty
PostSubject: Re: wylde ratttz   wylde ratttz Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 12:09 am

yeh, UK is region 2,i think japan is too

we should try and get them all up online - obviously if thats ok with the people who made them,but it would be good to see Ron's other work
Back to top Go down
dynamite boogie

dynamite boogie

wylde ratttz Empty
PostSubject: Re: wylde ratttz   wylde ratttz Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 12:32 am

the track at the end of 'mosquito' is called 'stinger up your ass' by the shemps. the band featured pete bankert who worked with ron in dark carnival.
Back to top Go down
Rob Gallucci

Rob Gallucci

wylde ratttz Empty
PostSubject: Re: wylde ratttz   wylde ratttz Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 5:20 am

dynamite boogie wrote:
the track at the end of 'mosquito' is called 'stinger up your ass' by the shemps. the band featured pete bankert who worked with ron in dark carnival.

I think it's credited as "Stinger Up Yours" on the copy of the film I have - maybe a modified version to keep it more polite for cable broadcast?

DB - do you know if The Shemps recorded anything else, either for the film or otherwise?
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Iguanas

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2007-07-30

wylde ratttz Empty
PostSubject: Re: wylde ratttz   wylde ratttz Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 9:00 am

dynamite boogie wrote:

The third member of the band is L.J.Steele. He has also played with Ron in the Dark Carnival.
Back to top Go down
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/
dynamite boogie

dynamite boogie

wylde ratttz Empty
PostSubject: Re: wylde ratttz   wylde ratttz Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 9:22 am

as far as i know 'stinger...' was a one off. the slight change in the title is probably for the reason you mentioned. my dvd's are in storage at the moment so i can't double check it. when i can find the dvd i will have a look at the closing credits.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

wylde ratttz Empty
PostSubject: Re: wylde ratttz   wylde ratttz Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 3:57 pm

Is it an instrumental? And could someone please upload it? Smile
Back to top Go down
Rob Gallucci

Rob Gallucci

wylde ratttz Empty
PostSubject: Re: wylde ratttz   wylde ratttz Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 2:05 pm

It is an instrumental - very much worth hearing, pretty aggressive guitar and drums. I wouldn't have the first idea how to get the song off the DVD and upload it!
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

wylde ratttz Empty
PostSubject: Re: wylde ratttz   wylde ratttz Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 11:47 pm

Well I'll just have to buy "Mosquito" Smile
Back to top Go down
dynamite boogie

dynamite boogie

wylde ratttz Empty
PostSubject: Re: wylde ratttz   wylde ratttz Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 11:58 pm

be careful when buying a copy of mosquito on dvd as some are dubbed or subtitled.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

wylde ratttz Empty
PostSubject: Re: wylde ratttz   wylde ratttz Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 11:18 am

dynamite boogie wrote:
be careful when buying a copy of mosquito on dvd as some are dubbed or subtitled.

thanks for the warning! Smile I'm def. thinking of getting this in homage to Ron!!
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

wylde ratttz Empty
PostSubject: Re: wylde ratttz   wylde ratttz Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 4:55 pm

Thanks for that Dynamite Boogie, it wouldn't have even crossed my mind Smile Looking forward to getting a copy, two of my favourite things - Ron Asheton and cheesy b-movies. What's not to love? cheers
Back to top Go down
dynamite boogie

dynamite boogie

wylde ratttz Empty
PostSubject: Re: wylde ratttz   wylde ratttz Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 5:50 pm

this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mosquito-aka-Nightswarm-Gunnar-Hansen-R2-NEW-DVD_W0QQitemZ140346447295QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CDsDVDs_DVDs_DVDs_GL?hash=item20ad4cd5bf&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 seems to be in english even though the case is in swedish. the original english release is long deleted and the french issue is dubbed. might be worth you emailing the seller.
Back to top Go down
dynamite boogie

dynamite boogie

wylde ratttz Empty
PostSubject: Re: wylde ratttz   wylde ratttz Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 5:56 pm

more info on ron's films here http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0038916/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

wylde ratttz Empty
PostSubject: Re: wylde ratttz   wylde ratttz Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wylde ratttz
Page 1 of 1