Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What's this footage?

Go down 
+5
emanon
Nadja
trailerborn
G, F#, E
Hectorlovesthestooges
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

What's this footage? Empty
PostSubject: What's this footage?   What's this footage? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:33 am

I don't know the rest of you...but I haven't seen this footage before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo45u8-5a74

I think it's 1969
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: What's this footage?   What's this footage? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 4:42 pm

Its from 1970 (check the opera gloves) there's apparently about 20 minutes of this footage but only bits and pieces have surfaced in documentaries.
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

PostSubject: Re: What's this footage?   What's this footage? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 4:54 pm

yeah...you're right, it's 1970. It would be great to see the whole video...what happens with all the old stooges videos? appart from the cinccinatti festival and goose lake, the rest of them are like...forbidden
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: What's this footage?   What's this footage? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 6:29 pm

This one has been discussed at length elsewhere on the forum.
It is a 1970 show and is owned by a Chicago collector who loans it out to record shows and for use in documentaries. It is a complete 20-30 minute concert.

I saw it years ago at a record signing with Ron. Excellent footage, but no audio.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: What's this footage?   What's this footage? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 9:29 pm

good to see this clip again, thank you! so much going through my head lately I'd forgotten all about it...lovely to come back to it. & for me, great to see Dave most of all!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

PostSubject: Re: What's this footage?   What's this footage? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 11:12 pm

yeah!! Dave is really badass here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
emanon

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: What's this footage?   What's this footage? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:19 am

I don't think I've ever seen any of this footage either & to think that it surfaced on VH1 of all places...I wonder what the fee is if one is the owner of something so rare--I think the Velvets might be the only other band of such major importance that such little film/video exists.
I've never seen Ron look more like Jack White & great to see Dave looking sharp rocking his Mosrite...
Does anybody care what Don Dokken thinks??? Funny thing is, that military jacket makes him look like a Ron wannabe.
Leave it to VH1 to show Iggy solo when talking about the reunited Stooges.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: What's this footage?   What's this footage? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:59 pm

emanon wrote:
Iite & great to see Dave looking sharp rocking his Mosrite...

so that is the Mosrite? Good to know Smile
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

PostSubject: Re: What's this footage?   What's this footage? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 11:04 pm

Yeah!! a friend of mine have a Mosrite in sunburst...and sounds exactly like the one's from Dave, I like to play Fun House or Dirt with it hahaha
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: What's this footage?   What's this footage? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 1:49 pm

Hectorlovesthestooges wrote:
Yeah!! a friend of mine have a Mosrite in sunburst...and sounds exactly like the one's from Dave, I like to play Fun House or Dirt with it hahaha

good stuff! I'd like to hear ya!
Back to top Go down
teisco delray

teisco delray

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: What's this footage?   What's this footage? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 12:17 am

does anyone know if more of this show is up there anywhere on the web?
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: What's this footage?   What's this footage? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 12:35 am

Don't think any more is doing the rounds at present. I heard the owner wants a pretty high price to sell the whole lot.
Back to top Go down
Nervousnorvus

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: What's this footage?   What's this footage? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:14 pm

This footage was shot by Leni Sinclair, the current owner found it at a yard sale! Or so the story goes.....I think it was taken at the High School gig where Ig threw the principal's daughter over his shoulder and got arrested.
Back to top Go down
http://thehoundblog.blogspot.com/
PineappleExpress
Pumpin' for Jill
PineappleExpress

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: What's this footage?   What's this footage? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:31 am

Nervousnorvus wrote:
This footage was shot by Leni Sinclair, the current owner found it at a yard sale! Or so the story goes.....I think it was taken at the High School gig where Ig threw the principal's daughter over his shoulder and got arrested.

Ahaha, I have footage of him doing that but I didn't know he got arrested for it! So I think that was another gig you were talking about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's this footage?   What's this footage? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's this footage?
Page 1 of 1