Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)

Go down 
+25
heavy liquid
dynamite boogie
Natalie
krugersoldier
ElRoi
dorianmode
hank67
Cherry
gazatthebop
coffeepotman
StoogesForever69
sway
G, F#, E
emanon
Rode Hard
Monger
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
TED
homesickjameswilliamson
don_vercetti
Nadja
JW82
trailerborn
lolakelly
cb
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
coffeepotman

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-10-02

Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 9:32 am

gazatthebop wrote:
.Scotty said the only reason the Pistols didnt show was because they could not afford the fare...bands have to pay to be part of the audience to collect their award.

I find that hard to believe
Back to top Go down
dorianmode

dorianmode

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 4:37 pm

hank67 wrote:
it's just a corporate thing, the stooges shouldn't be in it

I agree.
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 9:02 pm

If the fee thing is true they should tell the "Hall of Fame" to go f*ck themselves. The kind of people who care about that sort of crap don't listen to the Stooges anyway.
Back to top Go down
emanon

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 4:02 am

coffeepotman wrote:
gazatthebop wrote:
.Scotty said the only reason the Pistols didnt show was because they could not afford the fare...bands have to pay to be part of the audience to collect their award.

I find that hard to believe

I think the fee is for guests only, not the actual inductees & it's probably a tax deductable donation. The Pistols have done quite well for themselves since reforming, I'm sure they could afford to travel--it was all about principle. Seems like the labels would pick up the tab anyway, as they should, because an induction leads to a surge in back catalog sales. Besides, the HOF is all about the industry patting itself on the back. They really should change the name to Popular Music HOF, would be more honest.
Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 6:56 pm

They're IN. I TOLD you. It's so exciting! Who will induct them? What will they play? What memorabilia will they put up in the Hall of Fame for the Stooges? I can hardly wait.
Back to top Go down
krugersoldier

krugersoldier

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 6:59 pm

what bullshit Smile
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 7:05 pm

Too little, too late.
Back to top Go down
lolakelly

lolakelly

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 10:47 pm

Bittersweet.

And the one band member who might have been really pleased about it is not around to see it happen. Pretty fucking ironic.

Not right.
Back to top Go down
dynamite boogie

dynamite boogie

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 12:50 am

natalie, you hit the nail right on the head. retrospective praise is worth f*ck all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/redelektra69
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 3:44 am

Natalie wrote:
Too little, too late.
My feelings exactly Nat.

From the other related thread:

ElRoi wrote:
The fact that it took a band as influential as the Stooges eight nominations to finally be excepted when ABBA probably got in on their first nomination (I am not positive about this, but it wouldn't surprise me if that were in fact the case) just speaks to the lack of credibility of the whole RnRHoF. They should have been inducted the first time they were nominated or at least the next time around after the reunion. I'm sure it would have meant a lot to Ron to have finally had his contributions to and influence on music recognized by the industry.
I might add to my previous comment, "a misguided, self-absorbed industry that for most of the Stooges careers (as a band and individually) ignored, ridiculed, dismissed, shunned and at times reviled them."
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 8:44 am

What a crock of fucking shit!

This probably only happened because Ron isnt here anymore! Mad Angry

Funhousehideaway#2

Funhousehideaway#2

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 8:51 am

I've always thought the Stooges were too dangerous.
They epitomized the center for decades. When is the MC5 going in?
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:00 am

Quote :
When is the MC5 going in?

good question, and for that matter what about new york dolls? and are the velvet underground in?

do bands like sonic's rendezvous count? cause it seems like they're letting anyone in now lol
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:19 am

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
Quote :

good question, and for that matter what about new york dolls? and are the velvet underground in?

do bands like sonic's rendezvous count? cause it seems like they're letting anyone in now lol

Yes, the VU are in. They were inducted in 1996 I think.

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:34 am

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
Quote :

Exactly. SRB is ten times the band a lot of those one hit wonders that are already in there are.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:37 am

heavy liquid wrote:

yes, probably.
Back to top Go down
popmansam

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 2:50 pm

Sorry, i think its going to be great to see them on stage,. Back in the day i only wanted them to be in to see them all play again. But now , itll be fuuny to see them. i mean, here comes abba, all fat ,worn out , you know they wont play, probably get hanna montana to cover them, or the cast of glee! Then the stooges come on stage, iggy sez, '' one, two, fuck you motherfucker and they rip into search and destroy. Itll be great!
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 3:07 am

Nadja wrote:
heavy liquid wrote:

yes, probably.

It does seem rather suspicious. Dare I bring up one of the possible reasons that may have to do with their long time exclusion? It has to do with a particular "fascination" of Ron's. It was stated in Paul Trynka's book "Open Up And Bleed" as one of, if not the very reason (the straw that broke the camels back you might say) that the Stooges were dropped from Elektra by Don Gallucci.
Back to top Go down
sweet_sixteen

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 3:52 am

ElRoi wrote:
Nadja wrote:
heavy liquid wrote:

yes, probably.

It does seem rather suspicious. Dare I bring up one of the possible reasons that may have to do with their long time exclusion? It has to do with a particular "fascination" of Ron's. It was stated in Paul Trynka's book "Open Up And Bleed" as one of, if not the very reason (the straw that broke the camels back you might say) that the Stooges were dropped from Elektra by Don Gallucci.

Ah yes, I remeber the quote exactly from the book, Ron told Gallucci, when he asked what was up with the Nazi memorabilia , that when his mom dried his hair with a blow dryer as a child, he could hear "Zieg Heil, zeig heil" in the woosh of the dryer...apparently that freaked Gallucci out and he wanted nothing to do with the band after that. I had never thought that Ron's Nazi connection had anything to do with the Stooges being blackballed but now that you mention it it does make sense from a certain conservative business outlook.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 9:44 am

sweet_sixteen wrote:
[]

Ah yes, I remeber the quote exactly from the book, Ron told Gallucci, when he asked what was up with the Nazi memorabilia , that when his mom dried his hair with a blow dryer as a child, he could hear "Zieg Heil, zeig heil" in the woosh of the dryer...apparently that freaked Gallucci out and he wanted nothing to do with the band after that. I had never thought that Ron's Nazi connection had anything to do with the Stooges being blackballed but now that you mention it it does make sense from a certain conservative business outlook.

Such a funny story that, typical Ron. Pity we won't get any more entertaining interviews from him.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 4:58 pm

Ron was obviously joking when he said that, Asheton black humour at it's finest Laughing
Back to top Go down
harmonia

harmonia

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 11:01 pm

I gotta say I just don't like the idea of the RockRoll Hall of fame and not for any elitist snobby reasons. For me it just seems like its one for the badge collectors out there as R&R in its essence is/was never about awards ceremony, respect & certainly doesn't belong in some kind of exclusive accademy - its a LIVING THING! When I discovered Raw Power back in 92 one of the things that gripped me about it then was how a 'badly' mixed & obscure record could sound so vital, intense & savage some 20 years after its making. How is putting this band in some kind of memorial society gonna add anything to their legacy?
Back to top Go down
popmansam

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 1:34 am

My hope is that a bunch of young people will listen to the stooges for the first time, and find out what r n r is all about.
Back to top Go down
StoogesForever69

StoogesForever69

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 10:01 pm

My guitar teacher told me about this and told me he watched it on the news when announcing who'll be in The Hall of fame and he said one of the newspeople said "who the three stooges no iggy pop and the stooges" and he said that The Stooges

Were the only band that Was Really Rock going into the hall of fame
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2