Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another New James Williamson Interview

Go down 
+9
napalm_cheetah
larry fine
JW82
sway
Nadja
ElRoi
heavy liquid
Petrie Terrace
studioguy
13 posters
AuthorMessage
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

Another New James Williamson Interview Empty
PostSubject: Another New James Williamson Interview   Another New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 7:21 am

http://www.paraphiliamagazine.com/images/PARA5-web.pdf

Starting on page 93 and goes for about 20 pages, this one is very good!!
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Another New James Williamson Interview   Another New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 7:49 am

I think you might mean page 96, page 93 is, er ... "literary erotica"?!
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Another New James Williamson Interview   Another New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 8:00 am

Wow, thanks so much for that!

Petrie Terrace wrote:

Haha.

"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

PostSubject: Re: Another New James Williamson Interview   Another New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 8:23 am

And it is a great interview.
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: Another New James Williamson Interview   Another New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 9:59 am

Petrie Terrace wrote:

Oops!! At least you guys found it!
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Another New James Williamson Interview   Another New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 10:08 am

studioguy wrote:

I haven't had a opportunity to read it yet, but for someone to give James and the guys 20 pages in a magazine is truly spectacular. When will the rest of the world wake-up and realize that they are on the verge of missing out on the next chapter in the most important story in music this decade. Forget about the Beatles' remasters, the Stooges are the fucking story and only a handful of music writers seem to have a clue. Where is that rag of a magazine Rolling Stone? Oh that's right, Jan Werner is too busy fawning over the Jonas Brothers to notice what is really important in music at this moment.

Thank you DM Mitchell and Dire McCain. And thanks to studioguy for posting the link.

Last edited by ElRoi on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: Another New James Williamson Interview   Another New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 10:18 am

ElRoi wrote:
studioguy wrote:

I haven't had a opportunity to read it yet, but for someone to give James and the guys 20 pages in a magazine is truly spectacular. When will the rest of the world wake-up and realize that they are on the verge of missing out on the next chapter in the most important story in music this decade. Forget about the Beatles' remasters, the Stooges are the fucking story and only a handful of music writers seem to have a clue.

From reading the article, James thought the Stooges were the "worlds forgotten boys" and just recently started changing his opinion. It's a REALLY good read. He really opens up more than I've ever read before in this interview.
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Another New James Williamson Interview   Another New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 10:24 am

I just can't believe someone at one of these major, so-called music magazines hasn't caught at least a whiff of the buzz that is going on about the Stooges. Are we all just living in a vacuum or somehow stuck in the past? I mean shit, there is an incredible story here that is being almost totally ignored by the people who are supposed to be writing about the music scene. Reading Paul Trynka's book "Open Up And Bleed," Robert's book with all the great stories & truly incredible photos and the few, but really great articles that have been written recently it's incomprehensible how someone in the major media has not latched on to the Stooges story.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Another New James Williamson Interview   Another New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 11:47 am

Tried to read it but that ''Dionysian' and 'tribal gods' stuff at the beginning put me off.
Back to top Go down
sway

sway

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Another New James Williamson Interview   Another New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 12:44 pm

hey...THANK YOU for this, probally the best james interview yet.

and i agree with ya, elroi. its a really exciting time for the stooges and it seems some of the more "major publications" would have caught on to this fact already. however, i suspect they will once the ball really gets a rollin' which shouldnt be too incredibly long from now.
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Another New James Williamson Interview   Another New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 3:09 pm

Thank you very much!! Awesome!

Btw, is it Keith on that pic from Raw Power sessions? Suspect

LOL, just kidding! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
larry fine

larry fine

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Another New James Williamson Interview   Another New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 3:58 pm

ElRoi wrote:
I just can't believe someone at one of these major, so-called music magazines hasn't caught at least a whiff of the buzz that is going on about the Stooges. Are we all just living in a vacuum or somehow stuck in the past? I mean shit, there is an incredible story here that is being almost totally ignored by the people who are supposed to be writing about the music scene. Reading Paul Trynka's book "Open Up And Bleed," Robert's book with all the great stories & truly incredible photos and the few, but really great articles that have been written recently it's incomprehensible how someone in the major media has not latched on to the Stooges story.

Most major magazines (music or otherwise) will wait until there is something to promote. They are unlikely to do a major piece about an artist today and another in a couple of months when there is an actual story - a record, tour, etc. Also, the artist would usually like to tie the major publicity to something that they can sell - CDs, DVDs, tickets.

Matheu's book has gotten some publicity - about as much as you would expect a book about a (relatively obscure) band to get. The Easy Action 1971 has gotten some publicity but it is, essentially, a bootleg (quality wise) and is not of much interest to the general public. No more proof of that is needed that the fact that EA only made 1000 copies and haven't sold those yet. Remember, magazines are shrinking if they can stay in business at all. Their ad revenue is shrinking. Newspapers are going away. There is only so much space available.

And while this is the major, huge, most important story in your world, the truth is it isn't that big a story. At least not yet. A band is rehearsing occasionally. Two shows have been booked. A remaster/live gig CD is coming out next year. A magazine would go broke trying to sell issues with stories like this.

And for the record - Rolling Stone / Jann Wenner have NEVER understood what was important. Why would that change at this late date?
Back to top Go down
larry fine

larry fine

PostSubject: Re: Another New James Williamson Interview   Another New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 4:23 pm

Also, just read the interview. The interviewers area bit annoying. James is great.
Back to top Go down
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

PostSubject: Re: Another New James Williamson Interview   Another New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 6:36 pm

larry fine wrote:
Also, just read the interview. The interviewers area bit annoying. James is great.

They are a wee bit on the self-satisfied side, but it's true, they do get some interesting replies out of James.

larry fine wrote:
And for the record - Rolling Stone / Jann Wenner have NEVER understood what was important. Why would that change at this late date?

I remember Greg Shaw telling me he'd been offered co-editorship, or similar, at Rolling Stone early on. He turned them down, but imagine the shift in emphasis that would have been.

As a related aside, if you should want to hear Jann Wenner publicly humiliated by someone who new him "intimately", and over a rockin' tune, check out "Boy, What'll You Do Then" by Denise & Co. from 1966 ...

http://www.myspace.com/deniseandcompany

... Denise was an ex-girlfriend of Jann's, and the whole song is a relentless putdown. Favourite lines? "You saw me out with your best friend, and you can bet I'm gonna do it again" and even better "You know the wild life I like to live, and I can take more than you can give!". Ooh, that one had to hurt!

Paul
Back to top Go down
larry fine

larry fine

PostSubject: Re: Another New James Williamson Interview   Another New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 7:20 pm

Petrie Terrace wrote:
As a related aside, if you should want to hear Jann Wenner publicly humiliated by someone who new him "intimately", and over a rockin' tune, check out "Boy, What'll You Do Then" by Denise & Co. from 1966 ...

http://www.myspace.com/deniseandcompany

... Denise was an ex-girlfriend of Jann's, and the whole song is a relentless putdown. Favourite lines? "You saw me out with your best friend, and you can bet I'm gonna do it again" and even better "You know the wild life I like to live, and I can take more than you can give!". Ooh, that one had to hurt!
Paul

Now, that is a thing of beauty. Not a great record, exactly, but made all the better by the back story. Thanks for sharing that!
Back to top Go down
napalm_cheetah

napalm_cheetah

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Another New James Williamson Interview   Another New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 7:24 pm

Great interview!
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Another New James Williamson Interview   Another New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 2:38 am

Cool interview w/ some new (old) pics. Love the one of James at the mixer.

Didn't mind the pretentious interviewers. The windbaggery reminds me of Creem back in the day.

'Lord Horror' - shit, that takes me back. Remember when underground culture had brains and balls? Me neither.

Screw Jann Wenner. The cool kids all switched to Spin back in the early 80's anyway. I remember a one page article in a very early Spin written by Henry Rollins regarding his love for the Funhouse album. Rolling Stone, on the other hand, was churning out detailed essays on Art Garfunkel and Miami Vice. Bleh.

I love Johnny Carson - he'll always be the King - but he hated rock'n roll and robbed us of tons of great live, high-quality footage of various 60's/70's bands. In that sense, he was worse than Wenner.
Back to top Go down
grunde

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Another New James Williamson Interview   Another New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 10:33 am

Thanks.Great interview!!!
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Iguanas

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Another New James Williamson Interview   Another New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 6:23 pm

Thank you very much!
Back to top Go down
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/
cb

cb

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Another New James Williamson Interview   Another New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 2:12 am

Don't forget to check James' site it's been there and at iggypop.org since last week. Dire, the author will also model his T shirt on his e-store.

http://straightjameswilliamson.com
Back to top Go down
http://iggypop.org, http://straightjameswilliamson.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another New James Williamson Interview   Another New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another New James Williamson Interview
Page 1 of 1