Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Harewood House Gig. UK, Leeds

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EmmaUK

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2007-07-13

Harewood House Gig. UK, Leeds Empty
PostSubject: Harewood House Gig. UK, Leeds   Harewood House Gig. UK, Leeds Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 12:53 am

Hey,
My first post Smile Wondered if anyone else was going?
CANNOT wait, never thought i'd see the stooges.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
xxx
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2007-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Harewood House Gig. UK, Leeds   Harewood House Gig. UK, Leeds Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 11:37 pm

When do they do Leeds?
Back to top Go down
Colin Chaos

Colin Chaos

Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Harewood House Gig. UK, Leeds   Harewood House Gig. UK, Leeds Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 12:21 am

Place: Harewood House mansion, Leeds
Date: 31/08/2007

Iggy Pop & The Stooges to 'Rock the House Live' for The Children's Society

A-List rock line up to help the kids

Iggy Pop made a huge gesture today by announcing The Stooges will play a one off concert in the UK to raise money and awareness for The Children's Society charity on 31st August 2007.

The intimate music extravaganza will be called 'The Children's Society's Rock the House Live' (www.rockthehouselive.com), with the limited 10,000 tickets expected to sell out fast. General ticket release will be first thing, Friday 1st June (ticket master, HMV store etc) however people can purchase pre-book-able tickets exclusively through www.bebo.com <http://www.bebo.com> from 9am, Wednesday 30th May.

Iggy's relationship with The Children's Society began after the charity chose his song, 'Lust for Life', to inspire their garden entry to the Chelsea Flower Show in London. Approved by Iggy, he commented: "Lust for Life is full of optimism as young people should be...but too many aren't. I'm honoured that The Children's Society's garden is inspired by my music and wholeheartedly support the work that they do - they rock!"

Iggy was looking to attend the opening of the garden, to thank the charity, however due to prior commitments he missed the grand flower show opening. Upon hearing The Children's Society 'Lust for Life' garden had scooped a prestigious Silver medal he commented: 'It's awesome The Children's Society's 'Lust for Life' garden won a Silver medal. It's great to know my music reaches out to so many and inspires' following with 'I'm getting a big kick out of making music for the Children's Society. All kids deserve a good childhood.'

The mini festival will also see a plethora of masterful live performances from The Horrors, Idlewild, Sons and Daughters and Sunshine Underground.
'The Children's Society Rock the House Live' gig will take place at the Harewood House mansion in Leeds with tickets costing £26 each*. The event will cover a large area of the grounds offering an eclectic mix of opulence with Rock and Roll.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harewood House Gig. UK, Leeds   Harewood House Gig. UK, Leeds Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harewood House Gig. UK, Leeds
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Scene of the Crime. :: Reunion 2003 - 2008-
Jump to: