Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hard To Beat - Aussie Comp

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Radiobirdman73

Radiobirdman73

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-01-26

Hard To Beat - Aussie Comp Empty
PostSubject: Hard To Beat - Aussie Comp   Hard To Beat - Aussie Comp Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 8:34 pm

I've had this on vinyl for years. Great comp. of Stooges covers by some obscure (and better known) Aussie bands. Any idea when this came out or if it was ever released on CD?
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Hard To Beat - Aussie Comp   Hard To Beat - Aussie Comp Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:42 pm

Yes it came out on CD. I had it (but sold it) . The CD version seems much more uncommon than the vinyl.
Back to top Go down
krugersoldier

krugersoldier

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Hard To Beat - Aussie Comp   Hard To Beat - Aussie Comp Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 3:26 pm

It was first released in the late eighties by a Sydney label (waterfront? red eye? citadel?) cant remember as my copy is long stolen Smile
Excellent compilation, some of the best covers i ever heard of Stooges material.
Back to top Go down
jpstooges

jpstooges

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Hard To Beat - Aussie Comp   Hard To Beat - Aussie Comp Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 7:45 pm

...from 1988 (I think), 2xLP set on Au-go-go label (late 80's Aussie reissue of Raw Power on the same label, with large Ig poster).
1/3 of the covers are really great, 1/3 is OK, 1/3 is baaaaaaaaaaaad (people shouldn't play Stooges songs faster than originals).
Fantastic cover art:
Hard To Beat - Aussie Comp 83407_Hard_To_Beat_21_Stooges_Killers_FBL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hard To Beat - Aussie Comp   Hard To Beat - Aussie Comp Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hard To Beat - Aussie Comp
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Gimme Danger.-
Jump to: