Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Telluric Chaos, anyone?

Go down 
+9
earthdog70
seventeen
heavy liquid
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Colin Chaos
adams66
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
Gimme some skin
Loose1969
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
seventeen

seventeen

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2007-03-10

Telluric Chaos, anyone? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Telluric Chaos, anyone?   Telluric Chaos, anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 1:13 pm

Telluric chaos is authorised. It was issued by the same label who issued Metallic KO. Iggy in person let the label record the performance, and OKayed it. It's an official release, as by then, the Stooges were not signed to any label.
Back to top Go down
http://www.seventeenrecords.com
earthdog70

earthdog70

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Telluric Chaos, anyone?   Telluric Chaos, anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 5:00 am

Love this record, great release.

Bomp also carries it afro
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Telluric Chaos, anyone?   Telluric Chaos, anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 5:11 am

earthdog70 wrote:
Love this record, great release.

Bomp also carries it afro
I saw that.
It's a GREAT "bootleg", by far better in quality than any of the older shit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
Borntohula

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2007-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Telluric Chaos, anyone?   Telluric Chaos, anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 10:53 pm

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES: The SXSW version has sax on Idea of fun too.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Telluric Chaos, anyone?   Telluric Chaos, anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 1:16 am

ohhh, ok. thanks i'll have to takek another listen to that one.
Back to top Go down
saichan

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Telluric Chaos, anyone?   Telluric Chaos, anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 5:09 am

JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:
Very nice thing about Telluric Chaos, is that it includes, the very FIRST performance of 'My Idea Of Fun'. It's a nice version, alittle sloppy, obviously as it was the first time played, and it was not a complete song yet(very rough on their changes *ect*) BUT this is the only version ever that steve mckay played Sax on Smile PRETTY DAMN GOOD TOO Smile

Christ, you're so right about that -- it gives an idea of what The Weirdness *could* have sounded like: waaay more Stoogey, and way looser.
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Telluric Chaos, anyone?   Telluric Chaos, anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 7:13 am

seventeen wrote:
Telluric chaos is authorised. It was issued by the same label who issued Metallic KO. Iggy in person let the label record the performance, and OKayed it. It's an official release, as by then, the Stooges were not signed to any label.

i will have to do an a/b comparison, but i could swear that the tape on this sounds JUST like the bootleg that went around for a while before this was o.k.'d
Back to top Go down
Luzern

Luzern

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Telluric Chaos, anyone?   Telluric Chaos, anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 1:18 am

saichan wrote:
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES wrote:
Very nice thing about Telluric Chaos, is that it includes, the very FIRST performance of 'My Idea Of Fun'. It's a nice version, alittle sloppy, obviously as it was the first time played, and it was not a complete song yet(very rough on their changes *ect*) BUT this is the only version ever that steve mckay played Sax on Smile PRETTY DAMN GOOD TOO Smile

Christ, you're so right about that -- it gives an idea of what The Weirdness *could* have sounded like: waaay more Stoogey, and way looser.

You are right. I think the best STUDIO release by the reformed Stooges are the two tracks they recorded for the Junior Kimbrough tribute album Sunday Night in 2005 (two versions of You Better Run). They sound like you are in the room with the band! SO GREAT! Also do not forget the CD version of Escaped Maniacs (Lokerse Festival, 2005). I think it is the best-sounding full-length CD by the reformed band. Let us hope that there is something in the vaults from the 2003–2005 rehearsals/studio sessions or the Asheton brothers rehearsals from 2007/2008 that warrants a release. Like a studio version of Mind Room. I love that song.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Telluric Chaos, anyone?   Telluric Chaos, anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Telluric Chaos, anyone?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2