Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

First album new edition on Rhino Handmade

Go down 
+90
blackout88
Mr. FunBoy
CARLTON
morwells
Five Star Edge
shemp
jdb1982
comaman
heavy liquid
G, F#, E
dtklamf
adams66
hank67
KarlR
specotron
ziggy
jaredlange911
Luzern
LunarTunes
Stranger09
modernlover
Shakes
Triskell
unheard78
liam studebaker
TED
mghifi
trigger
NOS300B
ianianian
rubber legs
rev. mike
berlinberlin
the5thramone37
seventeen
steve2787
Nitebob
Nervousnorvus
johnthelawman
jerrythebarman
ashitanoramen
elvis plebsley
Nadja
TeddyB1018
Radiobirdman73
nkdlunch
Ilmostro
StoogesFan
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
Tyronehell
StoogeFan
Natalie
andrew
mr.datsun
neven
gasman124
sway
Loose1969
napalm_cheetah
kaiserken
ad_hoc
homesickjameswilliamson
gazatthebop
Iguanas
mark
coffeepotman
birchy
Monger
Gimme some skin
Aku
Cato
BackDoorMan@TheMindRoom
freemind
Garageman
jpod
Chris Moise
mc
ElRoi
sweet_sixteen
Petrie Terrace
weed_killer
citizensmurf
stooges
Hectorlovesthestooges
MJG196
rabid_fish
larry fine
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
trailerborn
ggriffin
94 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 2:05 pm

He was talking about his own mixes. In another interview (Inrockputibles - or whatever that Frenchie mag is called!) he used the phrase "scraping the bottom of the barrel" again regarding the "need" to attach his mixes to the released version.
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
mr.datsun

mr.datsun

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 11:29 am

MJG196 wrote:
He was talking about his own mixes. In another interview (Inrockputibles - or whatever that Frenchie mag is called!) he used the phrase "scraping the bottom of the barrel" again regarding the "need" to attach his mixes to the released version.

mjg,

thank-you for clearing that up.
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:12 pm

the saga continues. On Tuesday 8th Rhino Handmade finally agreed by email to ship me a third replacement copy because there has been no sign of the other two here in the uk. It will be shipped in 1-2 days and will arrive in 3 business days via UPS mail. That meant to me Tuesday 15th was the latest date of arrival, waited in but...the UPS van drove past my house and it didn't arrive. I emailed Rhino on Tuesday night and today have received the reply "it has not been shipped yet, we will inform you when it has been posted to you".....
Back to top Go down
mr.datsun

mr.datsun

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 3:42 am

Nice email tonight from Mac Dunlop at Rhino. Apologies for delay in answering my emails and a commitment to refund the disks inc. my shipping. Looks good. Phew.

*Also a clear statement that they will not be issuing speed corrected disks.
Back to top Go down
rev. mike

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 3:16 am

I just got my funds returned by my bank. I'm glad that's over.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 1:08 pm

Why didn't they just issue Unganos with Asthma Attack on the end then everyone would have been happy! The Asthma Attack sound suites the Funhouse tracks better anyway.
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 2:18 pm

latest update on trying to get my copy to me...it's out of stock!
Back to top Go down
unheard78

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-05-15

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 11:14 pm

Because it's a handmade product, that should mean there are no more copies. You will most likely be seeing a full refund real soon!

Dave3

gazatthebop wrote:
latest update on trying to get my copy to me...it's out of stock!
Back to top Go down
http://unheard78.blogspot.com
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 11:39 pm

or maybe they will re-shrink wrap one thats been returned.
Back to top Go down
unheard78

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 11:44 pm

Good point! Although I think that would be awful customer service beyond their already pitiful results. Pay for a new product, get a slightly used copy!

Dave3

gazatthebop wrote:
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:22 am

one recently sold on ebay for around $10 by someone who refused to post to the uk so i couldn't bid...but i'll get one in the end.
Back to top Go down
Mr. FunBoy

Mr. FunBoy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-12-20

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 5:11 am

so when is this coming out ???
Back to top Go down
http://HeavyLiquidVideos.yola.com
mr.datsun

mr.datsun

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:33 pm

gazatthebop wrote:

I doubt very much whether anyone has managed to return one.

I'm still waiting for them to process my return request.

But all this talk of it being sold out makes me wonder whether it will see a future price escalation like the Fun House box.
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 2:20 pm

Hey, my shrink-wrapped copy arrived today in a 12"x10"x5" cardboard box (ordered on March 17th!) The cd's do not stay in position and the booklet is nearer 14 pages and not the 40 plus i would have expected. The single is not heavyweight vinyl either!
Back to top Go down
mark

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 11:37 am

mr.datsun wrote:
johnthelawman wrote:
I myself prefer the overall 2010 sound (once speed corrected, of course) over the 2005 and for this reason. While they eliminated much of the hum sound (if I listen real closely, I can still hear that it's there), but this in turn stripped out way too much midrange and left a very hollow sound. And midrange is already not good on this mix.

Having just downloaded a speed corrected version, kindly provided by someone above who I wont name (thank-you!), I can now agree with you that the 2010 master is a better sound. Whilst the 2005 CD was interesting to hear, it felt like a let down as a mix. This one (2010) is a fuller sound and suddenly the Cale mix sounds much more powerful and viable as a mix that for me begins to stand up at least equally to the version they released in 1969. I'm also enjoying the fresh running order and now I can actually listen to it I don't care too much about the mains hum.

It's great to be able to hear it properly. And now I should add – over to you, Rhino.
Arriving late to the party here, but is there any chance someone could PM me with information on where I might get hold of a speed-corrected version of the Cale mix?
Back to top Go down
blackout88

blackout88

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 12:45 am

I would also be interested in getting hold of the speed corrected version!
Back to top Go down
http://unwantedfriends.blogspot.com/
mertyuy

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-06-27

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 2:44 am

There are many errors in the Rhino reissues... they don't listen to the discs.
obviously, it's not the first shitty remaster.. check this

http://www.neworderonline.com/Forums/MessageList.aspx?ThreadID=43684&PageIndex=1
Back to top Go down
unheard78

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 3:14 pm

The New Order reissues are incredibly messed up. Supposedly Rhino was going to issue replacement copies although I never heard if that happened. That said, the only thing I think is unwarranted in complaints about those New Order discs is complaining about the CD-TEXT function. As cool as I think it can be, no one else really seems to care about it. Most labels who include it on their discs don't use the proper info anyway.
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 1:16 pm

a speed corrected version is on the soundcloud website.
Back to top Go down
Youre_False

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 5:55 am

I was wondering if anyone could perhaps share the pitch corrected version of the album with me?
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 8:06 pm

Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 5:46 pm

Allow me to open up this can of worms again. I just spotted this on the Rhino store:

PRODUCTION NOTE: We at Rhino Handmade wanted to shed some light on the questions that have been raised regarding several of the bonus tracks on our Collector’s Edition of The Stooges’ debut album. The John Cale Mixes that were featured on the 2005 Deluxe Edition of the album were pitch corrected from the existing mix reel, which is the only existing master in our vaults. For the new Collector’s Edition, no pitch correcting was done and we left the songs exactly as they are found on the master. The same master was used for both releases.
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 1:33 pm

that meaasge has been up there for quite a while
Back to top Go down
JCM

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2018-07-17

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2018 8:05 am

Hi,

Would anyone be willing to send me a Flac file of I Wanna Be Your Dog [Mono Single Version] from this release?

Thank you,
JCM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First album new edition on Rhino Handmade   First album new edition on Rhino Handmade - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First album new edition on Rhino Handmade
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15