Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon

Go down 
+28
LunarTunes
davidh
theclarkness
nick
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
dtklamf
the5thramone37
sheddy
homesickjameswilliamson
Iggy Stooge
Monger
tompa67
MJG196
Iguanas
ChuckN
iggy-fan
trailerborn
TeddyB1018
larry fine
weed_killer
studioguy
mc
ElRoi
Garageman
Radiobirdman73
napalm_cheetah
G, F#, E
Natalie
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon Empty
PostSubject: Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon   Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 9:58 pm

This really is a great time to be a Stooge Fan with so many new releases and a major tour starting in a month.

In the next few months, Easy Action will be releasing a Fan Pack consisting of original fan club fanzines that I wrote back in the day, a CD with booklet and polaroids.

There are 5 full fanzines and 1 mini newsletter, a CD restored from a tape I was given in 1970. A booklet will be included with the CD with about 12 color photos.

I have heard a preview of the CD now and it consists of Soldier Field in Chicago sounding better than ever, cuts from Cincinnati Pop festival and 2 cuts recorded in New York. I found the tape in a drawer and since I no longer have a cassette player, I sent it off to Easy Action Records. Back in the day I sent out pictures and autographs and the newsletters. Sometimes fans gave me presents in return. I also was given tapes by the band. This is the one remaining tape I had. It's origin is unknown to me now. I am not sure who the person was who gave it to me. (I never recorded any of the gigs) I think it sounds great and I am happy to have it as a part of this fan package.

I can assure you that the photos are unseen to almost all of you. Some are stage shots and some are candids. Unless you were a fan club member, these will be new. They are all taken by me in 1969 and 1970 and 1971. The albums from which they come have been sitting in a box in my garage for more than 30 years. The photos were taken in Philadelphia, Providence and New York.

There will be 8 polaroids in addition to a few surprises. Easy Action will be putting out a more detailed description soon. So many of you have asked about Popped, I thought now that they will be available soon, I'd post so all of you have the information.

As soon as the price and release date is available, I'll post an update.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon   Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 10:02 pm

Cannot wait for this Nat! Sounds like the best Stooges release out of all the others that seem to be popping out. Photos, live 1970 tracks which haven't been heard before and old Stooges newsletters! What more could you ask for? cheers
Back to top Go down
napalm_cheetah

napalm_cheetah

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon   Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 10:14 pm

Great news!
Back to top Go down
Radiobirdman73

Radiobirdman73

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon   Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 10:19 pm

awesome awesome awesome! Life is good for a Stooges fan. Dying to hear what tracks are ending up on the CD
Back to top Go down
Garageman

Garageman

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon   Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 10:25 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon   Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 10:27 pm

It sounds better than I could have ever imagined. Nat you are the greatest Stooge fan of them all.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon   Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 11:43 pm

Great Smile
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon   Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 11:53 pm

mc wrote:
Great Smile

So much new Stooges material, so little money!!

This is why McDonald's has the $1 menu!
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
weed_killer

weed_killer

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon   Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 2:19 am

This sounds great!
Back to top Go down
larry fine

larry fine

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon   Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 3:16 am

I can't wait for this. I've been lucky enough to have seen some of Natalie's early photos and I suspect anyone who buys this will be very happy.

Great job Natalie.
Back to top Go down
TeddyB1018

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon   Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 4:42 am

Cool!
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon   Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 5:13 am

Really looking forward to this. Especially intrigued by the 70's audio.
I'd say Iggy owes Natalie a few weeks free room & board at his Cayman Islands pad for duty above and beyond. He'll be off touring anyway.
Back to top Go down
iggy-fan
I Got A Right
iggy-fan

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon   Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 7:28 am

Year of the Stooges! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://goto.glocalnet.net/iggy-fanpage/
ChuckN

ChuckN

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon   Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 7:51 am

Great great news. The Popped fanzine, a live Stooges cd from 70 and never before seen pictures. This is a very good year for the Stooges and for us. Thanks a 1000 Nat Smile
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Iguanas

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon   Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 8:54 am

Great news Natalie! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon   Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 10:16 am

If you have any Thompson Twins tapes...or maybe a Bee Gees 45, let me know.
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
tompa67

tompa67

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon   Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 8:16 pm

Sounds great..!
Gonna get it for sure!
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon   Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 5:42 pm

Thanks everybody for the very thoughtful comments and support.

mg196, no TT or Bee Gees but I just may be able to find that old, unheard Beatles tape I have of them doing those covers of Ella and Edith. I'll let you know.
Back to top Go down
Monger

Monger

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon   Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 6:54 pm

0Awesome news and kudos to Nat for saving all this stuff and sharing it with everyone years later!
Back to top Go down
Iggy Stooge

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon   Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 7:13 pm

Great News Natalie! Thank You! I can't wait to buy it!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon   Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 7:54 pm

Sounds like a great package, thank you for keeping it all these years Natalie

You mustve known the stooges would make it! lol

Can't wait for this - and the new reissues of the first album, raw power - possibly unganos? really is a good year to be a fan (if i can afford all this...)

thanks
HJW
Back to top Go down
sheddy

sheddy

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon   Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 3:22 pm

So much great stuff coming out, it's hard to keep up with it all...not that I'm compaining.
This sounds awesome!
Back to top Go down
the5thramone37
Dog Food
the5thramone37

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon   Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 3:54 pm

Sounds great Nat!
Back to top Go down
dtklamf

dtklamf

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon   Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 7:17 pm

Part of an e-mail i got from Easy Action.

'popped is a much bigger project than i ever thought ..the cd is finished , the t shirt is being designed , the photos are being digitally cleaned up the popped' s are all ready to be printed , the people who do the polyprob boxes which hopefully everything will be inside have chosen to ignore us for the last 3 weeks ..obviously have so much money they dont want any more business so its a huge task , we dont even know how much its all gonna cost so we dont know how much its gonna go out for yet or how many we are going to make '

Sounds good to me. can't wait. Just hope price is not to much. Starting to get expensive at the moment with so much stuff coming out and going to see them.

Nigel.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon   Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 7:24 pm

thanks for the update Nigel

I'm looking forward to this release, but as you say, i hope its not too expensive; sounds like they won't have it out for a while, which is only good for the wallet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon   Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Popped Fanzine and CD pack to be available soon
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next