Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cleopatra Records

Go down 
+3
adams66
mark
gazatthebop
7 posters
AuthorMessage
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Cleopatra Records Empty
PostSubject: Cleopatra Records   Cleopatra Records Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:44 pm

Two new compilations on Cleapatra available on iTunes "Move Ass Baby" and "Jesus Loves The Stooges"...more of the old demos with added overdubs on some tracks just like "More Power"....cleaner sound to many and some of the overdubs sound quite good to these ears!
Back to top Go down
mark

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Cleopatra Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleopatra Records   Cleopatra Records Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 10:13 pm

Search and destroy.
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

Cleopatra Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleopatra Records   Cleopatra Records Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 11:20 pm

What baffles me is that some of these Cleopatra releases do indeed sound better than we've heard the rehearsal tapes before. Which implies that they might have tapes closer to the source than ever before.
So why the fuck do they then have to overdub extra drums and shit! Let's hear the cleaner tapes as they should be heard, with no fucking around.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
jonachan

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-04-06

Cleopatra Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleopatra Records   Cleopatra Records Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 7:13 pm

It's getting more and more difficult to keep track of all the rehearsals--and different versions of them....
Back to top Go down
cantona7

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Cleopatra Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleopatra Records   Cleopatra Records Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:35 am

I hate that more power release, the only tracks that have not been overdubbed on there are the pre-raw power demos, i got a right, I'm sick of you, tight pants, scene of the crime and gimme some skin. The other tracks only sound 'better''cos extra drums or guitars have been put on, I very much doubt that they were done by Ron (RIP), Scott or James!
Back to top Go down
stooges

stooges

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2009-05-16

Cleopatra Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleopatra Records   Cleopatra Records Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:38 am

Jesus Loves The Stooges is stooges song? or iggy pop/jw?
Back to top Go down
mark

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Cleopatra Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleopatra Records   Cleopatra Records Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:58 am

More like Iggy with Bob Scheff I guess. It's from a band rehearsal in 1973, but Iggy and Bob are (I think?) the only band members featured.
Back to top Go down
andrew

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Cleopatra Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleopatra Records   Cleopatra Records Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 7:32 pm

mark wrote:
More like Iggy with Bob Scheff I guess. It's from a band rehearsal in 1973, but Iggy and Bob are (I think?) the only band members featured.
I think Iggy, Bob and the Ashetons are all on there as it has drums throughout and bass guitar at least during the initial vocal section that appears on the original Bomp release but not most/all of the the other releases. I don't think there's any lead guitar on there though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cleopatra Records Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleopatra Records   Cleopatra Records Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cleopatra Records
Page 1 of 1