Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Raw Power reissue video on Amazon

Go down 
+10
jpod
TeddyB1018
Tyronehell
mc
NickZah
homesickjameswilliamson
Loose1969
Natalie
freemind
StoogeFan
14 posters
AuthorMessage
StoogeFan

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Raw Power reissue video on Amazon Empty
PostSubject: Raw Power reissue video on Amazon   Raw Power reissue video on Amazon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 12:36 am

There is a 7 minute video at the amazon.com page for the raw power reissue. In the Video Iggy, James, Scott and other muscians talk about the raw power album. The sound track for the video contains snippets of some of the songs from the forthcoming release. Is this a portion of the video that will be released with the deluxe edition?

http://www.amazon.com/Raw-Power-2-CD-Legacy/dp/B00383ZTXO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1269642746&sr=8-1
Back to top Go down
freemind

freemind

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power reissue video on Amazon   Raw Power reissue video on Amazon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 1:43 am

Many thanks ! Very Happy

Is that Doojiman at 3:15 ? It sounds funny to my hear
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power reissue video on Amazon   Raw Power reissue video on Amazon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 2:07 am

Yes, that is Doojiman.
Back to top Go down
StoogeFan

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power reissue video on Amazon   Raw Power reissue video on Amazon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 3:33 am

Is the song at the end of the video the remastered version of penetration or I'm Hungry?
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power reissue video on Amazon   Raw Power reissue video on Amazon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 4:54 am

StoogeFan wrote:
Is the song at the end of the video the remastered version of penetration or I'm Hungry?

I don't know what it is, but it's awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power reissue video on Amazon   Raw Power reissue video on Amazon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 4:57 am

sounds great, can't wait for the boxset, i'll have to get it

the video was nice, and i'm glad Scotts feeling good about playing this stuff again, if its got his seal its bound to be good

HJW
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power reissue video on Amazon   Raw Power reissue video on Amazon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 10:44 am

This video brings up the question about the mixing again.
In the video you see they were fucking round with the multitrack tapes, you hear the back-ground vocals of Raw Power... And isn't it funny Iggy says "oh I forgot about that..."
Hell, he remixed the album not that long ago, how can he forget those "oooohhhs" on the
song Raw Power?!

And the part of Penetration at the end sounds totally different from either Bowie and Iggy mix
..and I mean it sounds great, clear drums, "full" guitar ! bounce

All that leads me to the conclusion, that at least parts of it must a new re-mix - maybe trying
to recreate the Bowie-mix in parts and improving it in others.
Which is not a bad thing I may add.
Back to top Go down
NickZah

NickZah

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power reissue video on Amazon   Raw Power reissue video on Amazon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 11:21 am

Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power reissue video on Amazon   Raw Power reissue video on Amazon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 1:44 pm

OUTBURST wrote:
In the video you see they were fucking round with the multitrack tapes, you hear the back-ground vocals of Raw Power... And isn't it funny Iggy says "oh I forgot about that..."
Hell, he remixed the album not that long ago, how can he forget those "oooohhhs" on the
song Raw Power?!

And the part of Penetration at the end sounds totally different from either Bowie and Iggy mix

All that leads me to the conclusion, that at least parts of it must a new re-mix - maybe trying

Think it must be I'm Hungry.
Back to top Go down
StoogeFan

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power reissue video on Amazon   Raw Power reissue video on Amazon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 1:56 pm

..and I mean it sounds great, clear drums, "full" guitar !

It is going to be really exasperating if the sound quality of the out takes is far superior to that of the actual remastered Bowie mix.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power reissue video on Amazon   Raw Power reissue video on Amazon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 2:19 pm

mc, this sounds like "Penetration" to me, and why would they play a song that's not included
on this "legacy" set.. (Ok, rhetorical question, since the answer is always "Marketing" Wink )

StoogesFan, exasperating is a word that often comes to mind with Stooges releases, their albums never are released but they "escape"
Back to top Go down
Tyronehell

Tyronehell

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power reissue video on Amazon   Raw Power reissue video on Amazon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 2:38 pm

The clip of Penetration sounds really good.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power reissue video on Amazon   Raw Power reissue video on Amazon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:30 pm

OUTBURST wrote:
mc, this sounds like "Penetration" to me, and why would they play a song that's not included
on this "legacy" set.. (Ok, rhetorical question, since the answer is always "Marketing" Wink )

StoogesFan, exasperating is a word that often comes to mind with Stooges releases, their albums never are released but they "escape"

I'm Hungry developed into Penetration I believe and has the same riff.
Back to top Go down
TeddyB1018

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power reissue video on Amazon   Raw Power reissue video on Amazon Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 12:54 am

OUTBURST wrote:
song Raw Power?!

No. They didn't. The multi-tracks sound amazing on the DVD though.
Back to top Go down
StoogeFan

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power reissue video on Amazon   Raw Power reissue video on Amazon Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 7:23 am

The fact that a remastered version of the Bowie mix is being released, with a documentary that would seem to indicate that the multi tracks sound “amazing” is in my opinion a cruel joke (of course this presupposes that like myself you’re not found of this mix). If a release has less than stellar sound quality because it is a rehearsal, demo or live recording that makes sense to me. I am looking forward to hearing the Atlanta show and if I can’t hear the guitar on the first two tracks I am sure it will still be a great listening experience because hey, it’s the Stooges and it’s live so things get messy. Nothing you can do about it. On the other hand if it is actually possible for raw power to sound as good as the version of penetration /I’m hungry featured at the end of the video and it was passed up (for a third time) this makes absolutely no sense to me. Hopefully the remastered Bowie will sound great and I will have to eat crow.
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power reissue video on Amazon   Raw Power reissue video on Amazon Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 4:14 pm

Very Happy

nice to see mr watt interviewed
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power reissue video on Amazon   Raw Power reissue video on Amazon Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:34 pm

There's more...the unboxing of the deluxe edition...here's the link.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=28857666&blogId=531509980
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
Radiobirdman73

Radiobirdman73

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power reissue video on Amazon   Raw Power reissue video on Amazon Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 10:41 pm

personally...I can't wait for this. Doojiman sounds interesting and the mix on "I'm Hungry" sounds blistering (sans tinkling piano too) and much faster than "Penetration" ended up being. I'm psyched.
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power reissue video on Amazon   Raw Power reissue video on Amazon Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 5:51 am

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
Perdu

Perdu

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power reissue video on Amazon   Raw Power reissue video on Amazon Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 6:19 pm

This promotional vid has snippets of things not used in the upcoming dvd.
Back to top Go down
stooges

stooges

Number of posts : 593

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power reissue video on Amazon   Raw Power reissue video on Amazon Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 6:41 pm

penetration(end video) GREAT MIX!!!!!!!!!

1:23 James sang on the show?
Back to top Go down
stooges

stooges

Number of posts : 593

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power reissue video on Amazon   Raw Power reissue video on Amazon Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 10:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power reissue video on Amazon   Raw Power reissue video on Amazon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raw Power reissue video on Amazon
Page 1 of 1