Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007

Go down 
+6
ziggy
Garageman
soldier
Iguanas
seventeen
Diego Menendes
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Diego Menendes

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-01-11

IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 7:59 pm

So he wrote just Lyrics? I never read anything about it in gimme danger book.Bokk is really good. So the only music Iggy wrote was on Fun house? Ashetons wrote music on first two albums wright?
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:00 pm

Diego Menendes wrote:
G, F#, E wrote:
Diego Menendes wrote:
G, F#, E wrote:
Sorry to disappoint Iggy stage antics are an act. Oh and The Ashetons were never spoilt, Iggy just liked to trash talk them because his ego couldn't deal with the fact that he didn't write any of the music.
You are not serious, well i dont give a fuck if you dont believe that. It is nothing stranefe if i met iggy.
He can confirm you that, but i dont think, he is checking this forum.

He never wrote any of the music though (like he claimed he did for years) and his stage antics are an act, there's no doubt about it.
Iggy didnt wrote any music? What do you mean?! He wrote material for first album and fun house with Ashetons and Alexander and he wrote about half of the material on the Fun house. On Fun house Iggy had kind of Jagger Richard relationship with Williamson, so i really dont know what are you talking about

Ron, Scott and Dave wrote all the music on the first two albums. Williamson on "Raw Power". Iggy helped with composition "this goes here, this goes there" a little bit but just sang and wrote the lyrics. Not the egotistical "I wrote it all" he claimed in interviews (mainly in the 80s).

The Stooges albums go like this:

The Stooges (1969)
Fun House (1970)
Raw Power (1973)

The "Gimme Danger" book was actually pulled off shelves by Iggy because it was so inaccurate.
Back to top Go down
Diego Menendes

PostSubject: Re: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:14 pm

I am suprised. So you also think that Iggy is a big ego liar? Cuse In Gimme danger Iggy got the main credit for songwriting. In some parts there is some big hints about Iggy s bisexsual
nature. I dont know who to believe now, but fuck it is the music whatt matters.
Williamson is described as some kind of Monster.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:19 pm

Diego Menendes wrote:
I am suprised. So you also think that Iggy is a big ego liar? Cuse In Gimme danger Iggy got the main credit for songwriting. In some parts there is some big hints about Iggy s bisexsual
nature. I dont know who to believe now, but fuck it is the music whatt matters.
Williamson is described as some kind of Monster.

Iggy lied alot about the music, especially in the 80s, put the Ashetons down alot. He didn't even start learning guitar till 1971. Williamson was no monster but was pretty heartless in band decisions (as was Iggy). Don't believe "Gimme Danger" half of it is stolen from "Please Kill Me" (great book), the rest is crap.
Back to top Go down
Diego Menendes

PostSubject: Re: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:30 pm

So many of you people on this forum dont have a good opinion about Iggy himself wright?
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:33 pm

No most people do this forum is full of Ig love. He's a great performer, lyricist and singer (though the latter two mainly in The Stooges). I'm just stating facts, he did write the music and was horrible about the Ashetons. I have respect for him as an artist but nowhere else.
Back to top Go down
Diego Menendes

PostSubject: Re: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:39 pm

Bu you tjhink his ego is big and he s not honest enough wright?
What do you think about Ron Asheton? Ithink he was fantastic, i judge that from my ten minutes coversation in a backstage, he had no ego attitude.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:47 pm

From what I have heard from people who knew him he was a very nice, funny guy and he always has appeared nice to me. I think Ig's ego is big and was very dis-honest for a long time - but he's better now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007   IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IGGY REALLY HAVE A LUST FOR LIFE!:Closemeeting in Zagreb2007
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2