Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped!

Go down 
+27
Perdu
Five Star Edge
soldier
Donald
homesickjameswilliamson
ashitanoramen
Iggy Stooge
Loose1969
mark
G, F#, E
jerrythebarman
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
johnthelawman
studioguy
Joecephus
elvis plebsley
manelcat
neven
berlinberlin
trailerborn
MJG196
nkdlunch
Ilmostro
StoogesFan
ElRoi
larry fine
Radiobirdman73
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jerrythebarman

jerrythebarman

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-04-26

Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped!   Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 3:34 am

Yeah, loving the box set and it sure did get here fast. A couple things that struck me watching the dvd: Iggy getting choked up near the end when he's talking about the music he made " 37 years ago as a crazy young man " (paraphrasing there) is really quite poignant, just as the RnR Hall of Fame speech was in parts. And watching the new live footage and comparing it to the Kral footage from the Academy of Music show, some of the man's moves in both clips seem quite different from the earlier Stooge footage we're all familiar with. Is he walking around like a zombie or is his leg asleep or is he goose-stepping....or is it just the rough quality of the footage that makes it look that way ? Great to see it, regardless.
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped!   Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 7:00 am

Disc 1 is my favourite CD mix to date.'Hey Peter' has a pretty cool groove and I'd love 'Doojiman' more if the Screaming Jay Hawkins vocals were toned down just a touch. Haven't listened to 'Peaches' yet.

My favourite musical moments so far ar, weirdly enough, on the DVD. Hearing just the drum, bass & gtr tracks for 'Raw Power' was pretty relevatory. Ron's 'dirty' bassline to RP and the acoustic riff to 'I Need Somebody' especially. I could happily listen to the latter for hours. Iggy should pull a Trent Reznor & release the tracks for fan re-mixes.
Back to top Go down
jerrythebarman

jerrythebarman

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped!   Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 7:11 am

Yeah, the studio stuff on the dvd is great, Ron's isolated bass line on RP is insane(ly great). Love Iggy's remark at the end, too: " All I ever wanted was to be a musician".
Back to top Go down
johnthelawman

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped!   Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 8:21 am

trailerborn wrote:
\Iggy should pull a Trent Reznor & release the tracks for fan re-mixes.

Now that's a great idea and would be amazing.
Back to top Go down
StoogesFan

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped!   Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 1:45 pm

StoogesMySpaceAdmin wrote:
Glad you guys dig it.

For the most part it is a great package. My only problem is with the 'rarities' disc. Some of us outside of the US shelled out a lot of extra money (including shipping costs) for the additional material. Part of this was the promise of 5 "unreleased" tracks on the rarities disc which offered good value for money. However, it seems that the "unreleased" version of I Got A Right has been released before, and that Shake Appeal and Death Trip are just the ordinary Bowie mixes (unless anyone can point out differently). This leaves us with 2 "unreleased" tracks - one of which may have been completed recently. On that basis they should have shoved those 2 tracks onto the end of Disc 1 as bonuses and saved us all some money.
Back to top Go down
manelcat

manelcat

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2010-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped!   Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 3:35 pm

It's strange but listening the song "I'm Hungry" it seems to me that the voice of Iggy sounds like he has recorded the song now...
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped!   Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 5:27 pm

StoogesFan wrote:
StoogesMySpaceAdmin wrote:
Glad you guys dig it.

For the most part it is a great package. My only problem is with the 'rarities' disc. Some of us outside of the US shelled out a lot of extra money (including shipping costs) for the additional material. Part of this was the promise of 5 "unreleased" tracks on the rarities disc which offered good value for money. However, it seems that the "unreleased" version of I Got A Right has been released before, and that Shake Appeal and Death Trip are just the ordinary Bowie mixes (unless anyone can point out differently). This leaves us with 2 "unreleased" tracks - one of which may have been completed recently. On that basis they should have shoved those 2 tracks onto the end of Disc 1 as bonuses and saved us all some money.

I understand. Unfortunately I have no control over this...what I can do is tell the people at Sony about this forum, and perhaps they will visit here. And perhaps address any complaints. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped!   Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 8:44 pm

Yes please contact them I want them to explain "I'm Hungry" or make excuses for it.
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped!   Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 9:11 pm

Your wish is my command. I have in fact contacted them. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped!   Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 9:12 pm

Thanks man, very much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped!   Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 9:38 pm

You're welcome.
Back to top Go down
Ilmostro

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped!   Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 1:00 am

Did everyone have to sign for their package? Im usually not home when UPS delivers in my hood.
Back to top Go down
manelcat

manelcat

Number of posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped!   Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 1:09 am

Ilmostro wrote:
Did everyone have to sign for their package? Im usually not home when UPS delivers in my hood.

Yes, I signed for it
Back to top Go down
mark

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped!   Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 9:56 am

StoogesFan wrote:
You may know that there has been a debate about these on a different thread, and having finally heard them I take back everything I said and offer apologies to Mark.
Thanks man. Sorry things got a bit heated.
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped!   Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 5:38 pm

I'm expecting mine on Wednesday. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
Iggy Stooge

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped!   Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 2:35 am

That GA Show does Rock!!! Cool booklet with the legacy edition. I can't wait for the Deluxe!!!
Back to top Go down
ashitanoramen

ashitanoramen

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped!   Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:13 am

I recived the deluxe edition yesterday at 15.45 spain time.the dvd is good, i spected more vintage images but the best of the dvd is when you can hear just ron bass on raw power and James acoustic guitar on I need somebody, really great. But I readed in the forum that the dvd was broadcasted on ducht tv so that makes this deluxe edition very expensive cause the shipping rates to spain are very expensive.I paid 98 euros(128$) and that's too much.Anyway it's a very cool edition but I spected more.I don't understand why the put the two Iggy violent remixes and not the whole embassy mixes cause in a cd your allowed to put 80 minutes and here there are only 8 songs (34:34 min.).Hey Peter is one of the best tracks in the box really cool. and Georgia Peaches concert is fantastic it doesn't sound perfect but it's one of the best quality sound stooges concerts.the single doen't have a very good pressing but it's pretty cool.Anyway I'm very happy for have it
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped!   Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 3:16 am

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Raw-Power-Legacy-Iggy-Stooges/dp/B003DRVG8C/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1272413622&sr=8-5

Dont know if anyones posted this, but it appears UK residents are gettin it June 15 for (currently( £68.49

Not too bad, might eventually get that, i'll see. Enjoying the remaster - gimme danger has taken on new meaning for me; its like hearing it for the first time.

HJW
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped!   Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:58 am

I finally got mine!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
Radiobirdman73

Radiobirdman73

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped!   Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 5:53 pm

studioguy wrote:
I finally got mine!!! Very Happy

yep, mine arrived last night too. I think it's great - worth every american penny
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped!   Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:36 pm

Just got mine....review to come soon!
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped!   Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:21 am

OK...
First of all, this is a fantastic package. Great pics (which will wind up on my "wall of fame", particularly the one of the Ashetons), nice single. just nice packaging in general. Now let me address the meat of the matter...

First of all, "I'm Hungry"- why all the fucking whining? Those are NOT recent vocals. Granted, they're sloppy, but I think they're just meant as guide vocals on a temporary basis. But that IS Iggy back in the day. Range is slightly different, which reflects his sound back in the 70's.

"Sick Of You" sounds clearer than I've ever heard it. Same goes for "I Got A Right". "Hey Peter" is a virtual throwaway, save for the fact that it's a cool groove. The Iggy remixes (particularly Gimme Danger) are sharper than the 1997 cd I have. Less distorted. Excellent, in fact.

Doojiman is a fucking hoot. Great groove, reminds me of the Stones' "Hot Stuff". James PLAYS like Keef. Yeah, Iggy's vox are nuts, but so what? It's fun. The take of "Head On" IMO is weaker than the take on "More Power", but that may be just my preference. Man do I dig the song though!

Haven't watched the DVD yet, doing that tonight. More to come there..

Live set? Better than boots of the day. Best ever version of Open Up And Bleed. But technical issues do hinder the performance. Too bad...

Bottom line: GREAT set. The bitching here reminds me of the football (US) site I frequent. No matter what the effort put into it, it's never enough. Ridiculous. You've gotta be nucking futs not to thoroughly love this. Cut the damn technical crap, light one up and fucking ENJOY...
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped!   Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 am

Loose1969 wrote:
Doojiman is a fucking hoot. Great groove, reminds me of the Stones' "Hot Stuff". James PLAYS like Keef. Yeah, Iggy's vox are nuts, but so what? It's fun. The take of "Head On" IMO is weaker than the take on "More Power", but that may be just my preference. Man do I dig the song though!

Good call! The riff is killer...it wouldn't surprise me if Iggy was just fuckin' around, sorta searching for a rhythm/lyrics to start building on. Isn't that how he and James used to work songs out, like on some of those Bomp recordings? Except here they had the whole band instead of a drum machine. Same w/ I'm Hungry.
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped!   Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:27 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
Thanks man, very much appreciated.

Well, Sony now has knowledge of this forum. Whether or not they will post here is another matter entirely.
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped!   Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 2:26 pm

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Raw-Power-Legacy-Iggy-Stooges/dp/B003DRVG8C/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1272413622&sr=8-5

Dont know if anyones posted this, but it appears UK residents are gettin it June 15 for (currently( £68.49

HJW

This is a Japanese import, probably just the 2CD version although it says it's only a single disc. You're better off trying amazon.de:
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B003CH8WZ8/ref=s9_simh_gw_p15_i1?pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=07RJ1P8JEPQFXCDS3FJ4&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=463375193&pf_rd_i=301128
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped!   Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raw Power Deluxe Edition - Shipped!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next