Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Guitar World: Ron Asheton among 30 Greatest Guitarists!

Go down 
+4
rev. mike
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
Loose1969
JW82
8 posters
AuthorMessage
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Guitar World: Ron Asheton among 30 Greatest Guitarists! Empty
PostSubject: Guitar World: Ron Asheton among 30 Greatest Guitarists!   Guitar World: Ron Asheton among 30 Greatest Guitarists! Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 9:59 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Guitar World: Ron Asheton among 30 Greatest Guitarists!   Guitar World: Ron Asheton among 30 Greatest Guitarists! Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 3:28 am

I've got that particular mag. Kim is no slouch himself, and I really dig Soundgarden. The man knows his guitarists!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Guitar World: Ron Asheton among 30 Greatest Guitarists!   Guitar World: Ron Asheton among 30 Greatest Guitarists! Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:36 pm

Nice article. A good read.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
rev. mike

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Guitar World: Ron Asheton among 30 Greatest Guitarists!   Guitar World: Ron Asheton among 30 Greatest Guitarists! Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 5:25 pm

It's good to see Peter Green, Mick Taylor, and Malcolm Young get some attention, they are all very under appreciated. I also love to see Frank Zappa mentioned anywhere, but I am so fucking sick of Dweezil. I understand he is the guys son, and yes he is out there playing the music, but he really just rubs me wrong.
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Guitar World: Ron Asheton among 30 Greatest Guitarists!   Guitar World: Ron Asheton among 30 Greatest Guitarists! Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 5:36 pm

rev. mike wrote:
It's good to see Peter Green, Mick Taylor, and Malcolm Young get some attention, they are all very under appreciated. I also love to see Frank Zappa mentioned anywhere, but I am so fucking sick of Dweezil. I understand he is the guys son, and yes he is out there playing the music, but he really just rubs me wrong.

I agree on all points. Especially Mick Taylor. When he left the Stones they just weren't the same. Ron Wood sucks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
rev. mike

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Guitar World: Ron Asheton among 30 Greatest Guitarists!   Guitar World: Ron Asheton among 30 Greatest Guitarists! Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 6:00 pm

Absolutley. I do like some stuff post Mick Taylor, but me liking it has nothing to do with Ron Wood. However me liking Mick Taylor era stones has a lot to do with him. His playing on Bitch kills me every time. Once I realized that a lot of the great guitar playing that I had just assumed was Kief because he was the guitarist was actually Mick, that was a big shift for me. Same with Malcolm Young, once I realized he wrote all the songs and just hung AC/DC together, that was a big shift in my thinking about music.

Last edited by rev. mike on Wed May 05, 2010 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Guitar World: Ron Asheton among 30 Greatest Guitarists!   Guitar World: Ron Asheton among 30 Greatest Guitarists! Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 6:04 pm

Back to top Go down
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Guitar World: Ron Asheton among 30 Greatest Guitarists!   Guitar World: Ron Asheton among 30 Greatest Guitarists! Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 6:47 pm

Loose1969 wrote:
Ron Wood sucks.

Oh really?