Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Raw Power Backing Vocals

Go down 
+7
steve2787
Mr. FunBoy
stooges
Aku
Radiobirdman73
G, F#, E
rubber legs
11 posters
AuthorMessage
rubber legs

rubber legs

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-03-20

Raw Power Backing Vocals Empty
PostSubject: Raw Power Backing Vocals   Raw Power Backing Vocals Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:20 pm

I noticed that they are actually there, both on my original '73 US pressing and the Legacy remaster. You can hear them if you listen on headphones. They are so faint as to be almost subliminal, but they are there.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Backing Vocals   Raw Power Backing Vocals Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 7:27 pm

Their Ron's, really evident on the rough mixes. Especially "Penetration" and "Raw Power", but like everything Ron recorded for the album, they had to be turned down so far on the mix that that it made it almost impossible to hear them.
Back to top Go down
Radiobirdman73

Radiobirdman73

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Backing Vocals   Raw Power Backing Vocals Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 7:35 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
Their Ron's, really evident on the rough mixes. Especially "Penetration" and "Raw Power", but like everything Ron recorded for the album, they had to be turned down so far on the mix that that it made it almost impossible to hear them.

Ron's - really? I'm pretty sure their Iggy's - as discussed in the RP DVD
Back to top Go down
Aku

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Backing Vocals   Raw Power Backing Vocals Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 7:39 pm

G, F#, E wrote:

I think it´s Iggy with Ron on Raw Power ( I hear two voices goin "oooh" on the documentary film)..so it´s not only Ron, (Iggy says "that's all me by the way" about the backin vocals) but I think it´s good that the backin vocals are really low on the mix, not really good idea up front...
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Backing Vocals   Raw Power Backing Vocals Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 8:25 pm

Look on the back of your copy of "Raw Power"

Ron Asheton - bass and vocals

I'm sure Ig did record SOME of the backing vocals and its not like Iggy took credit for what Ron's done before. Hell Mr Pop wrote all of "Fun House" remember?
Back to top Go down
stooges

stooges

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Backing Vocals   Raw Power Backing Vocals Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 8:28 pm

who speak a one,two,three,four on shake appeal?(i think iggy mix)
Back to top Go down
Radiobirdman73

Radiobirdman73

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Backing Vocals   Raw Power Backing Vocals Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:19 pm

stooges wrote:
who speak a one,two,three,four on shake appeal?(i think iggy mix)
iggy
Back to top Go down
Mr. FunBoy

Mr. FunBoy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power Backing Vocals   Raw Power Backing Vocals Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 1:39 am

I like it
it's cool