Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ARE THESE RARE CDs?

Go down 
+9
stooges
Shakes
Radiobirdman73
nick
G, F#, E
the5thramone37
unheard78
andrew
IGGYDANZIG
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
IGGYDANZIG

IGGYDANZIG

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-06-09

ARE THESE RARE CDs? Empty
PostSubject: ARE THESE RARE CDs?   ARE THESE RARE CDs? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 3:24 am

A while back I got a bunch of stooges bootleg passed around cds does everyone have them? there are 3 CDs from teh 73-74 rehearsals and 2 cds of James and IGGY Rehearsals I believe a friend of a friend got them through teh DIRT bootleg site?on the Iggy site.Are these average fare for everyone,I have so much vinyl etc just wondering.
Back to top Go down
andrew

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: ARE THESE RARE CDs?   ARE THESE RARE CDs? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 1:00 pm

IGGYDANZIG wrote:
A while back I got a bunch of stooges bootleg passed around cds does everyone have them? there are 3 CDs from teh 73-74 rehearsals and 2 cds of James and IGGY Rehearsals I believe a friend of a friend got them through teh DIRT bootleg site?on the Iggy site.Are these average fare for everyone,I have so much vinyl etc just wondering.
I get the impression not too many people have the 73 rehearsals, although, of course, a fair bit of stuff from them has been released in some form. What sort of quality do you have them in? I don't have all of those that I've seen listed myself, so I'd love to hear the rest of them.
Back to top Go down
IGGYDANZIG

IGGYDANZIG

PostSubject: Re: ARE THESE RARE CDs?   ARE THESE RARE CDs? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 4:37 pm

quality is actually amazing
Back to top Go down
andrew

PostSubject: Re: ARE THESE RARE CDs?   ARE THESE RARE CDs? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 7:13 pm

If you were willing to upload them somewhere and link to them in the bootleg section of this forum, it would be great to hear them, and much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
unheard78

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-05-15

PostSubject: Re: ARE THESE RARE CDs?   ARE THESE RARE CDs? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 9:22 pm

These are "complete" rehearsals from 73/74? I'd LOVE to hear the complete CBS rehearsals, and if the quality is good then that would be sweet. It would be great if you could upload these to the bootleg section!
Back to top Go down
http://unheard78.blogspot.com
IGGYDANZIG

IGGYDANZIG

PostSubject: Re: ARE THESE RARE CDs?   ARE THESE RARE CDs? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 9:29 pm

Yes there is about 50 tracks or more and also have teh Iggy James reherasels with Wild love,purple haze etc etc,noone is actually sure if its james,quality is also very good not as crystal as teh rehearsals those sound like Iggy is IN THE ROOM!!
Back to top Go down
the5thramone37
Dog Food
the5thramone37

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: ARE THESE RARE CDs?   ARE THESE RARE CDs? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 10:40 pm

Yeahh, ive wanted to hear all of those tracks for awhile. It'd be pretty awesome if you could upload some to the bootleg section... Smile
Back to top Go down
IGGYDANZIG

IGGYDANZIG

PostSubject: Re: ARE THESE RARE CDs?   ARE THESE RARE CDs? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 11:44 pm

I dont know how? I paid a bit for em too...Ill do trades for them or $ but I paid too much to just post em there are 4 cds worth of stuff plus teh iggy/james rehearsels too.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: ARE THESE RARE CDs?   ARE THESE RARE CDs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 1:33 am

Well there's alot of Stooges rehearsals out there, for us to know if they're worth much or are rare you'll need to upload them - you do this by ripping the tracks, putting them in a zip file then uploading them to something like megaupload.com - or posting a tracklisting.
Back to top Go down
IGGYDANZIG

IGGYDANZIG

PostSubject: Re: ARE THESE RARE CDs?   ARE THESE RARE CDs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 1:37 am

tHEY ARE TEH SAME ONES LISTED IN THE DIRTS TRADELIST SECTION AT IGGYPOP.ORG EXCEPT ALL OF THE TRACKS ARENT LISTED.
Back to top Go down
IGGYDANZIG

IGGYDANZIG

PostSubject: Re: ARE THESE RARE CDs?   ARE THESE RARE CDs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 1:38 am

tHEY ARE PART OF HIS TRADELIST.NOT ALL ARE LISTED GO THERE AND LOOK THROUGH HIS LIST TO GET A GENERAL IDEA.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: ARE THESE RARE CDs?   ARE THESE RARE CDs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 1:42 am

Which part of thew tradelist? I'm obviously not looking in the right place, I can only see some rough mixes.
Back to top Go down
IGGYDANZIG

IGGYDANZIG

PostSubject: Re: ARE THESE RARE CDs?   ARE THESE RARE CDs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 2:41 am

iTS UNDER NUMBERS 386, 387 AND 388 iggy AND STOOGES STUDIO SESSIONS,AND TEH JAMES? STUFF IS 77, 78 AND 79 JUST HIT THOSE NUMBERS AT TOP TO GO TO PAGES SORRY THEY ARE LISTED DIFFERNT THAN I SAID ABOVE
Back to top Go down
nick

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: ARE THESE RARE CDs?   ARE THESE RARE CDs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 2:59 am

holy shit.
the.
Back to top Go down
Radiobirdman73

Radiobirdman73

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: ARE THESE RARE CDs?   ARE THESE RARE CDs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:14 am

I'm fairly certain I got some of this stuff a few years back.

The dude made me four or six CDR's compilations of rare stuff with custom inserts (used that awesome picture of the nude girl wearing the Iggy Pop pageant sash that you all have probably seen for the cover of one) .

The James rehearsals are mostly the Tornado Turner shit (Ballad Of Hollis & Dynamite Boogie, etc.) and the rest of the stuff didn't sound any better than any other bootleg issues of rehearsals that have been released and purchased countless times by fools like me.

If I ever get access to my CD collection again (I moved last month) i'll post em' in the bootleg section - it's no holy grail, believe me.
Back to top Go down
IGGYDANZIG

IGGYDANZIG

PostSubject: Re: ARE THESE RARE CDs?   ARE THESE RARE CDs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:40 am

YES THATS THE SET NO i NEVER SAID IT WAS THE GRAIL, BUT TEH REHEARSALS ARE clear as day!SUPER CLEAR IGGY S RIGHT THERE,HES LIEK STONED SOUNDING AND RAMBLY BUT HE MAKE SUP TEH SHIT AS HE GOES AND ITS NICE TO HAVE A TON OF STUFF LIKE THE RHINO SET TO SEE HOW THEY PROGRESSED IN MAKINTHE SONGS IN TEH STUDIO AND ALOT OF TEH STUFF is UNRELEASED JAMS,PART 2 OF JESUS LOVES,THERE ARE 2 OR 3 SONS NOT ON ANYTHING ELSE AND SEVERAL JAMS NOT ON ANYTHING ELSEi THINK ITS A GOOD SET,SOMETHING I LISTEN TO ONCE A YEAR JUST TO HEAR IT,ITS NIEC TO HAVE AS A FAN BECAUSE ALOT OF IT IS NOT AVAILABLE,SURE SOME OF IT IS BUT THERE IS LAIKE 9 TOTALLY DIFFERENT TAKES OF SEARCH AND RAW POWER AND YOU HEAR THEM DEVELOP TEH SONG,DIFFERENT BEGINNING WORDS ETC,DONT DOWNPLAY IT ,ITS NOT TEH GRAIL BUT ITS far FROM CRAP.ITS VERY COOL TO OWN THIS STUFF.UPLOAD IT IF YOU CAN I DONT KNOW HOW.I GUESS I COULD FIGURE IT OUT.
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: ARE THESE RARE CDs?   ARE THESE RARE CDs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 9:41 am

i have these, too. i would upload them, but i am having upload connection problems as of now. if someone wanted me to do a b+p (blanks+postage) for them, i have no problem with that to spread these to the masses.

just listened to these again for the first time in a while. there is a bit of incorrect track cuts here and there, (ie: a bit of track 2 is attached at the end of track 1, etc., track 3 cut in half, etc.), but i can fix those myself. i originally got them from dirt, along with the mislabeled iggy+james rehearsals. i found out those were mp3 encoded to cdr and trashed them. these discs were a different story.

here are my notes for the discs i have. 5 discs total. again, re-listing i have a few things that need changes in them. please remember that i copied this stuff directly off of dirt's page. i did notice on one of the discs that a few tracks mentioned as more takes, were just repeats of a few tracks, so i cut those out of what i re-compiled as well.

the stooges
03/17/1973 & 03/18/1973
unknown studio - unknown, mi

source: ana(x) > ?? > cdr(x)
lineage: cdr(x) > cdr(x) > eac [secured] > flac

disc 1

01 - wild love #1
02 - wild love #2
03 - i got a problem #1
04 - up tempo part c to previous song
05 - head on #1 (incomplete)
06 - head on #2
07 - head on #3 (incomplete)
08 - head on #4
09 - i need somebody (incomplete)
10 - johanna #1
11 - johanna #2 (distorted & louder cuts)
12 - johanna #3 (cuts)
13 - johanna #4 (volume drops back down)
14 - johanna #5
15 - johanna #6 (cuts)
16 - johanna #7 (cuts)
17 - johanna #8
18 - i got a problem #2

disc 2

01 - i got a problem #3
02 - raw power
03 - rubber legs
04 - wild love #3
05 - wild love #4
06 - wild love #5
07 - open up and bleed #1 (incomplete)
08 - open up and bleed #2
09 - she creatures of the hollywood hills
10 - jesus loves the stooges
11 - gimme danger #1
12 - gimme danger #2
13 - gimme danger #3

notes: studio sessions in michigan on march 17th & 18th in 1973.

*** DO NOT ENCODE TO MP3 ***

============================
DO NOT SELL - TRADE ONLY

compiled + transferred by Shakes on June 23rd, 2006

the stooges
xx/xx/1973
unknown studio - unknown, mi

source: ana(x) > ?? > cdr(x)
lineage: cdr(x) > cdr(x) > eac [secured] > flac

disc 1

01 - johanna #1
02 - rubber legs #1
03 - rubber legs #2
04 - till the end of the night #1
05 - open up and bleed #1 (incomplete)
06 - open up and bleed #2
07 - open up and bleed #3 (false start)
08 - open up and bleed #3 (re-started)
09 - she creatures of the hollywood hills #1
10 - jesus loves the stooges #1
11 - jesus loves the stooges #2
12 - gimme danger #1
13 - gimme danger #2
14 - gimme danger #3
15 - unknown song #1
16 - unknown song #2
17 - unknown song #3
18 - unknown song #4
19 - unknown song #5

disc 2

01 - unknown song #6
02 - cock in my pocket
03 - head on #1
04 - search and destroy #1
05 - search and destroy #2
06 - search and destroy #3 (instrumental; incomplete)
07 - search and destroy #4 (instrumental; incomplete)
08 - search and destroy #5 (instrumental; incomplete)
09 - search and destroy #6 (false start)
10 - search and destroy #6 (re-started)
11 - raw power #1
12 - she creatures of the hollywood hills #2
13 - raw power #2

disc 3

01 - raw power #3
02 - death trip
03 - born in a trailer
04 - gimme danger #4
05 - unknown song #7
06 - johanna #2
07 - johanna #3 (instrumental; false start)
08 - johanna #3 (instrumental; re-started)
09 - rubber legs #3 (different lyrics)
10 - till the end of the night #2
11 - johanna #4
12 - unknown song #8
13 - head on #2 (fade out; incomplete; different lyrics)
14 - head on #3 (different lyrics)
15 - head on #4 (different lyrics)

notes: studio sessions in michigan from an unknown date in 1973.

*** DO NOT ENCODE TO MP3 ***

DO NOT SELL - TRADE ONLY

compiled + transferred by Shakes on June 23rd, 2006
Back to top Go down
stooges

stooges

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: ARE THESE RARE CDs?   ARE THESE RARE CDs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 9:56 am

wow..pls upload on bootleg sessions
Back to top Go down
NickZah

NickZah

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: ARE THESE RARE CDs?   ARE THESE RARE CDs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 1:05 pm

Yes, please upload on flac format. Shocked
Back to top Go down
unheard78

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-05-15

PostSubject: Re: ARE THESE RARE CDs?   ARE THESE RARE CDs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 1:52 pm

Hey Shakes,

I'll drop you a PM later today about this, but I think I'd be up for a B+P thing and then I'd share these on my site so everyone can grab 'em.
Back to top Go down
http://unheard78.blogspot.com
IGGYDANZIG

IGGYDANZIG

PostSubject: Re: ARE THESE RARE CDs?   ARE THESE RARE CDs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 3:12 pm

im glad i brought this up then!helps out!
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Iguanas

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: ARE THESE RARE CDs?   ARE THESE RARE CDs? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 10:13 pm

I think it would be fair to ask Carlton for permission to publish this tapes on the forum, since Easy Action (and Bomp Records of course) has the copyright to most of these recordings.
Or remove the officially released songs.
We all know that Carlton is a member of this forum.
Back to top Go down
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/
blackout88

blackout88

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: ARE THESE RARE CDs?   ARE THESE RARE CDs? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 9:24 pm

I saw these versions listed and was wondering if they included the outro that you hear on the live tapes? I have only heard 3 good quality sounding recordings (Georgia Peaches/Metallic KO/Original Punks) 2 of which cut out before the outro/end. I would love to hear a half decent studio/rehearsal version of such an outstanding track.
Back to top Go down
http://unwantedfriends.blogspot.com/
andrew

PostSubject: Re: ARE THESE RARE CDs?   ARE THESE RARE CDs? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 10:26 pm

blackout88 wrote:

I saw these versions listed and was wondering if they included the outro that you hear on the live tapes? I have only heard 3 good quality sounding recordings (Georgia Peaches/Metallic KO/Original Punks) 2 of which cut out before the outro/end. I would love to hear a half decent studio/rehearsal version of such an outstanding track.
The first one is the recording on Original Punks, and the outro isn't played
The second one is the up tempo version on 'Till The End Of The Night' among other releases. This does have the outro, but the whole song leading up to the outro is performed much faster than other versions.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: ARE THESE RARE CDs?   ARE THESE RARE CDs? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 10:35 pm

blackout88 wrote:

IMO the best version of Open Up and Bleed is the one on Live at the Whisky 16/9/73 cd revenge - the same gig is also released as Live in LA73 and this track also appears on the revenge Open Up and Bleed CD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARE THESE RARE CDs?   ARE THESE RARE CDs? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ARE THESE RARE CDs?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next