Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

simfy release Hammersmith show on double CD

Go down 
+3
Lucas
adams66
andrew
7 posters
AuthorMessage
andrew

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-01-20

simfy release Hammersmith show on double CD Empty
PostSubject: simfy release Hammersmith show on double CD   simfy release Hammersmith show on double CD Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 5:17 pm

http://simfylive.com/en/artist/6103/live-recordings/3145/4901/Iggy-Pop-+-The-Stooges-Tour-2010---Live-in-London---02+05+2010---CD.html

Does anyone have this? Does anyone know if simfy CD releases proper silver CDs are are they CDRs? If they're factory made CDs, I'll get a copy. I'm not really into buying memory sticks or downloads, so I haven't previously bought this recording.
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: simfy release Hammersmith show on double CD   simfy release Hammersmith show on double CD Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 6:15 pm

Hmm, if I'd known it would issued on CD then I might have waited, as the £20 for MP3 files was a bit on the steep side.
Oh well.
Cheers,
R
Back to top Go down
Lucas

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: simfy release Hammersmith show on double CD   simfy release Hammersmith show on double CD Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 6:48 pm

The lille show was better, it's a pity they didn't make a/the cd of that gig. Although I'm quite happy with the mp3 download.
Back to top Go down
TeddyB1018

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: simfy release Hammersmith show on double CD   simfy release Hammersmith show on double CD Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 12:05 am

The Hammersmith has a better mix though. Sax is too loud on the Lille D/L.
Back to top Go down
modernlover

modernlover

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-11-01

PostSubject: Re: simfy release Hammersmith show on double CD   simfy release Hammersmith show on double CD Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 12:36 am

This multiple Raw Power / ballsed up 1st album / MP3 then CD business is no fun. Ever had the feeling you've been cheated?
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: simfy release Hammersmith show on double CD   simfy release Hammersmith show on double CD Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 3:10 pm

Lucas wrote:
The lille show was better, it's a pity they didn't make a/the cd of that gig. Although I'm quite happy with the mp3 download.

Yeah I prefer listenin to the Lille show myself.
even tho I was at the hammersmith show and totally agree about the sax mix.

i think performancewise Lille just edges ahead over h'smith.
Back to top Go down
Lucas

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: simfy release Hammersmith show on double CD   simfy release Hammersmith show on double CD Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 8:09 pm

And the supportacts in Lille were also much better
Back to top Go down
andrew

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: simfy release Hammersmith show on double CD   simfy release Hammersmith show on double CD Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 11:47 pm

I bit the bullet and bought a copy of this. However (as I suspected) it turns out that these are CDRs. They come in a reasonably nice package and have printed paper labels, but the latter, although they look nice, are a serious problem. I don't really know why, but the CDRs keep getting stuck inside my player and I suspect it's something to do with the labels. It's not that the tray won't open - it does but it's empty and the CDR is still inside the player! Disc 2 seems to have decided to stay put in there , and, although I can still use the player, I'm gonna have to dismantle it to get the disc back! So: not happy. It's a shame 'cos simfy have made a good recording of a great show and I think it's a good idea what they do, but unless they distribute the stuff on proper CDs rather than CDRs with paper labels, I'm gonna be reluctant to buy any more releases from them.
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: simfy release Hammersmith show on double CD   simfy release Hammersmith show on double CD Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 11:09 pm

i used the mp3, edited the crowd a little, getting it to fit on one disc. Printed directly onto a printable cdr.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: simfy release Hammersmith show on double CD   simfy release Hammersmith show on double CD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

simfy release Hammersmith show on double CD
Page 1 of 1