Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE

Go down 
+9
kaiserken
morepower
Shakes
james matlock
the5thramone37
popmansam
heavy liquid
TeddyB1018
Natalie
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE Empty
PostSubject: STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE   STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 5:34 am

I just received an email that the Boston gig on August 31st is changed from the Bank of America Center to the House of Blues in Boston.

Ticket refunds are offered if desired. No other info is available at this time.
Back to top Go down
TeddyB1018

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE   STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 8:07 am

Wow. I wonder if ticket sales were that weak. Ticket sales are weak in general but I would have thought the Stooges could sell more tickets in Boston.
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE   STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:32 am

What is the venue capacity for both?

Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE   STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 6:07 pm

The Bank of America Pavillion holds 5,000 and the House of Blues holds a bit less than 3,000.
Back to top Go down
popmansam

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE   STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 8:21 pm

Personally, Id rather be inside then outside in a tent. It never seems loud enough outside! Im even more excited, now.
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE   STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 8:58 pm

Natalie wrote:
The Bank of America Pavillion holds 5,000 and the House of Blues holds a bit less than 3,000.

OK, thanks Nat. Smile

Dog Food
the5thramone37

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE   STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:34 am

YESSSSS. I was so bummed out that pavillion was seated! now its gonna be a real show...
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE   STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 7:17 am

Mike, I have been searching for a seating chart for the House of Blues in Boston but was not able to find one. Is it completely general admission only? No balcony? I know other HOBs have a seated area as well.
Back to top Go down
james matlock

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE   STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 11:23 pm

This underscores why we're never going to see a full-on north american tour. The band can play huge festivals in Europe, but cant sell a small hockey rink in a major american city.
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE   STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 11:29 pm

james matlock wrote:
This underscores why we're never going to see a full-on north american tour. The band can play huge festivals in Europe, but cant sell a small hockey rink in a major american city.

i mentioned this before, but i would wait for a new full-length album release to see a full north american tour. after years and years of selected u.s. dates, a full tour was finally done when the weirdness was released.
Back to top Go down
the5thramone37
Dog Food
the5thramone37

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE   STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 10:10 pm

Natalie wrote:
Mike, I have been searching for a seating chart for the House of Blues in Boston but was not able to find one. Is it completely general admission only? No balcony? I know other HOBs have a seated area as well.

Well theres three levels. the first is standing room only. the second is the balcony thats also standing room only. then the third level is seated, but there arnt many seats
Back to top Go down
james matlock

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE   STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 7:18 pm

a full tour was finally done when the weirdness was released.
----------------
the stooges (with Ron) never did a "full us tour" did they?
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE   STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 8:44 pm

i guess "full us tour" was a poor choice of words. the april to may dates were billed as a u.s. tour. the other stuff were festival appearances and one-off dates. at least you can see a difference versus the four dates they're doing currently.

04.05.07: U.S. Washington, D.C., 9:30 Club
04.07.07: U.S. Boston, Orpheum
04.09.07: U.S. New York, United Palace
04.11.07: U.S. Philadelphia, Electric Factory
04.13.07: U.S. Detroit, Fox Theatre
04.17.07: U.S. Denver, Fillmore Auditorium
04.15.07: U.S. Chicago, Congress Theatre
04.19.07: U.S. San Francisco, The Warfield
04.21.07: U.S. San Francisco, The Warfield
04.23.07: U.S. L.A., Wiltern Theatre
04.27.07: U.S. Seattle, WaMu Theater at Qwest Field Events
05.04.07: U.S. Memphis, Beale St. Festival

08.05.07: Lollapolooza, U.S. Chicago
08.07.07: Meadow Brook Music Festival, Rochester Hills, MI
10.27.07: Vegoose Festival (Funhouse set), Las Vegas, Nevada, US

12.05.07: Art Basel Miami Beach, South Beach, Florida
Back to top Go down
morepower

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE   STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 3:49 am

now they will let us jump the barricade
Back to top Go down
morepower

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE   STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 8:26 pm

this shows gonna kick ass
Back to top Go down
the5thramone37
Dog Food
the5thramone37

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE   STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 9:28 pm

Ahhh helll yeahhh. Im getting there at least 3 hours early so i can get front row center!
Back to top Go down
kaiserken

kaiserken

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-07-07

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE   STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 10:32 pm

I've never been to the house of blues, but I heard it's not a very good venue as far as sight lines and sound. I will also be there very early to get a good spot up front. The Stooges are the only band I would do this for. Can't believe I saw them with Ron in 2003 and now I'll see James on stage in 2010.
Back to top Go down
popmansam

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE   STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 4:33 pm

Got my last minute plane ticket, headin to Boston Sat nite. Called my cousin and invited him to go as I had a few extra tickets. Didnt tell him its the stooges. Surprise!
Back to top Go down
morepower

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE   STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 10:12 pm

i cant belive tommorow im seeing the stooges
Back to top Go down
kaiserken

kaiserken

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-07-07

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE   STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 7:04 am

So glad I saw this show. When everyone jumped onstage, I moved forward to a great spot right in front 15 feet from James. Iggy went into the crowd 3 or 4 times, I even shook his hand for a split second when he went by.
I don't know how Iggy does it. He's obviously in some degree of pain while he's performing. Still he does the dance. He's my hero. Same thing with Watt. At the end of the set, a roadie took his bass and gave him a pair of crutches so he could hobble off the stage.

It was fun to watch and they sounded great. "I got a right" was the highlight for me. They played "Open up and bleed". "You're pretty face is going to hell" was pretty rocking as well. Missed getting throttled by a stage diver by mere inches.

Back to top Go down
the5thramone37
Dog Food
the5thramone37

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE   STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 6:46 am

easily the greatest night of my life...perhaps ever. ill never forget it. I got there like 2 hours early, ended up getting front row center! It killed me though cause theyre was a metal barricade inbetween the stage and crowd, and i was just being pressed up against it by like 2000 people behind me the entire show...but i didnt let it effect me! The opening band, The Neighborhoods, were top notch. i had never heard them before but they definitely proved they could open for the stooges any day. Then The Stooges hit the stage.i was going NUTS. that might even be an understatement. I knew every word and made it show. my buddy and i the entire time were just rockin out. The show was crazy, Iggy was throwin stuff around, stage diving, dumping water everywhere...typical ig! James was rippin and soloing like crazy. Scott was POUNDING the drums to the point where my chest was feeling it. So the show ended and since i was front row center, i started yelling to the roadies for anything on the stage, water bottles, setlists, picks. i ended up getting iggys setlist! Very Happy it was two pages, so i split it up with my friend who was there with me. so if thats not enough to have the greatest night ever, it gets better... so i was waiting around to get a t-shirt (which ended up being sold out by the time i got there) but i saw the opening band, The neighborhoods, unloading their equipment so i thought id go over and congradulate them on a great set. i started talking to the bassist and he said he was watching me go nuts the entire show cause he was off to the side of the stage. He even told me that he wanted his kids to grow up like me with such passion for good music. I took that to heart, like what a great thing for someone to tell you. but anyway, so theyre unloading their equipment outside and by this time, the house of blues is shut down, like no people inside except for the bands and event staff. So the bassist comes back outside and extends his hand for a handshake with me...then i noticed somethings in my hand. he actually gave me his backstage pass and told me "if anyone deserves this, its you...youre one hell of a fan". so i got to go into the house of blues after the show and walk around. I ended up seeing Scott and Steve walking around! we talked for a little bit and i had them both sign my setlist. Unfortunately you needed a completely seperate pass to go into the dressing rooms and stuff, were Iggy was.... So if meeting Scott and Steve wasnt enough, theres more! I stuck around afterwords outside for 40 minutes by the side exit to see if i could meet iggy. there was like 25 to 30 people around waiting too. so Iggy comes out after a while, looking like a badass. he had a nice dress jacket on, with no shirt underneath and a glass of wine in his hands. ahaha then he started signing a couple of autographs. I was a few people back but i noticed Iggy was looking past everyone...next thing i know, Igs looking directly at me. Then he said something along the lines of, "thanks for tonight!" I still wasnt sure if he was talking to me, so i gave a questionable look and said, "no thank YOU for tonight!" by this time, i can tell hes talking to me cause hes looking me dead in the eyes and he goes "you really kept me going tonight man! I loved watching you, and you knew everything. you really did your part!" then he kinda pushed through and signed my setlist! some guy even pushed infront of me and Ig was like "Heyy! let me finish man". so i got to not only meet Iggy himself, but he actually complimented me for going crazy durring the show. Overall the best night of my life. ill never forget it. Sorry if this is ridiculously long, but i thought you guys might appreciate the story. Long Live The Fucking Stooges!
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE   STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 7:46 am

I was at the Atlantic City show and I have to concur that it was one of the best concert experiences I have ever had. Period Even though I only got to sing one of the choruses to Death Trip with Iggy when he came down, walked along the back of the barrier and then stopped right in front of me and this other guy who was rocking just as hard as I was to the show. I only regret that I didn't accompany Natalie (who I had the immense pleasure of hanging out with Friday and Saturday) to the Chicago and Boston shows.
Back to top Go down
popmansam

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE   STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 3:08 pm

Just got back in Fl from the Boston gig. It was great, as reported. Only bad thing was they didnt play Kill City or Johanna, and they were on the set list. Seemed the have dropped cock in my pocket. Pretty long concert, fun hearing open up and beyond the law. Played 1970, dog and funhouse as well. Igyy seemed pissed about something, made the band restart a number, and he thru the mike stand twice, once in the crowd!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE   STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 7:33 pm

Well done 5thRamone, i'll have to give it everything if i see them again!

I'd love to meet the members of the band, dont know if i could brave waiting for 40mins etc, after a stooges gig you either want to sleep for 19 hours or drive a wreaking ball through a city, but i might wait outside if i get another chance to see them

thanks,
HJW
Back to top Go down
jimmyo
Half Alive Incubator Baby
jimmyo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE   STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 8:09 pm

the5thramone37 wrote:
easily the greatest night of my life...perhaps ever. ill never forget it. I got there like 2 hours early, ended up getting front row center! It killed me though cause theyre was a metal barricade inbetween the stage and crowd, and i was just being pressed up against it by like 2000 people behind me the entire show...but i didnt let it effect me! The opening band, The Neighborhoods, were top notch. i had never heard them before but they definitely proved they could open for the stooges any day. Then The Stooges hit the stage.i was going NUTS. that might even be an understatement. I knew every word and made it show. my buddy and i the entire time were just rockin out. The show was crazy, Iggy was throwin stuff around, stage diving, dumping water everywhere...typical ig! James was rippin and soloing like crazy. Scott was POUNDING the drums to the point where my chest was feeling it. So the show ended and since i was front row center, i started yelling to the roadies for anything on the stage, water bottles, setlists, picks. i ended up getting iggys setlist! Very Happy it was two pages, so i split it up with my friend who was there with me. so if thats not enough to have the greatest night ever, it gets better... so i was waiting around to get a t-shirt (which ended up being sold out by the time i got there) but i saw the opening band, The neighborhoods, unloading their equipment so i thought id go over and congradulate them on a great set. i started talking to the bassist and he said he was watching me go nuts the entire show cause he was off to the side of the stage. He even told me that he wanted his kids to grow up like me with such passion for good music. I took that to heart, like what a great thing for someone to tell you. but anyway, so theyre unloading their equipment outside and by this time, the house of blues is shut down, like no people inside except for the bands and event staff. So the bassist comes back outside and extends his hand for a handshake with me...then i noticed somethings in my hand. he actually gave me his backstage pass and told me "if anyone deserves this, its you...youre one hell of a fan". so i got to go into the house of blues after the show and walk around. I ended up seeing Scott and Steve walking around! we talked for a little bit and i had them both sign my setlist. Unfortunately you needed a completely seperate pass to go into the dressing rooms and stuff, were Iggy was.... So if meeting Scott and Steve wasnt enough, theres more! I stuck around afterwords outside for 40 minutes by the side exit to see if i could meet iggy. there was like 25 to 30 people around waiting too. so Iggy comes out after a while, looking like a badass. he had a nice dress jacket on, with no shirt underneath and a glass of wine in his hands. ahaha then he started signing a couple of autographs. I was a few people back but i noticed Iggy was looking past everyone...next thing i know, Igs looking directly at me. Then he said something along the lines of, "thanks for tonight!" I still wasnt sure if he was talking to me, so i gave a questionable look and said, "no thank YOU for tonight!" by this time, i can tell hes talking to me cause hes looking me dead in the eyes and he goes "you really kept me going tonight man! I loved watching you, and you knew everything. you really did your part!" then he kinda pushed through and signed my setlist! some guy even pushed infront of me and Ig was like "Heyy! let me finish man". so i got to not only meet Iggy himself, but he actually complimented me for going crazy durring the show. Overall the best night of my life. ill never forget it. Sorry if this is ridiculously long, but i thought you guys might appreciate the story. Long Live The Fucking Stooges!
An EPIC story, Brother. I've met Iggy a couple of times, and, he IS like that. Cool as fuck. He remembers people from the show (if you were right up front, etc....).
Anyway, that concert sounded cool. The back-up band and such. Fuck, I saw him in Chicago, in the Pit (right up front) and it must've been 110 degrees on the floor. The pushing and shoving was insane, and SO HOT! Literally UNBEARABLE (at times)...BUT, Iggy made it all worth it...

...the fact he performed Raw Power in it's entirety, made the minute-by-minute battle--for MERE survival in the pit--have transcendental meaning...

(I mean, the ONLY gig East of NYC Area in the USA...and, if a fan couldn't find a super-human adrenaline rush to get through that VICIOUS heat...the rush couldn't be found...)

I agree, seeing Iggy is a Life-Changing experience (especially when you factor in the fact that you met him...)

Anyway, I hope (after seeing you and SO many other fans that STILL LOVE HIM SO MUCH) he does a more extensive tour of the USA in 2011.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE   STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

STOOGES BOSTON GIG HAS A CHANGE OF VENUE
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next