Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston

Go down 
+5
G, F#, E
Natalie
MJG196
studioguy
ElRoi
9 posters

Do you thionk SRB is the best band (other than the Stooges) or group of musicians that Iggy has played with so far.
Yes
 European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston  Vote_lcap41% European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston  Vote_rcap
 41% [ 9 ]
No
 European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston  Vote_lcap36% European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston  Vote_rcap
 36% [ 8 ]
Maybe
 European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston  Vote_lcap18% European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston  Vote_rcap
 18% [ 4 ]
Other (List band or group of musicians)
 European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston  Vote_lcap5% European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston  Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston  Empty
PostSubject: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston     European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 3:43 am

OK. Please nobody hijack this thread.

studioguy, has there been any more progress on this project?
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston     European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 4:19 am

ElRoi wrote:
OK. Please nobody hijack this thread.

studioguy, has there been any more progress on this project?

I might work on it some tonight, it will be done for sure by Fri
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston     European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 5:57 am

I think that the Sales Brothers are the most brutal rhythm section Iggy ever played with. That's what made the Ashetons so good during the latter-day Stooges - there is always somethin' special about family members making up a rhythm section. Throw in Carlos Alomar...and you have a completely devastating band.

As good as SRB could be, I don't think they could touch the LFL-era Iggy band.
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston     European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 7:06 pm

The Sales Brothers were definitely good with Iggy.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston     European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 4:26 am

Sorry to disagree, SRB was definitely the best! How could they not be with the best drummer in rock and roll on the team?
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston     European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 4:01 pm

ElRoi I disagree, I'd say Iggy was definitely good with the Sales brothers! But I'm with Nat, the Sonic Rendevous Band was the best Ig played with in my opinion. But it'd be hard to go wrong with Scott on board.
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston     European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 6:05 pm

You're not disagreeing with me, I was the first "Yes" in the poll. I was merely agreeing with MJG that the Sales Bros were pretty damn good.

If it had been Iggy with SRB with Scott Thurston on keys and Ron on second guitar, it would have absolutely been the best band ever. Not just the best band Iggy has played with, but the best band ever. Period. Not knocking James, but Fred Smith was probably one of the best under appreciated guitarists of all time. I guess if you had the line-up of:

Iggy - vocals
Ron - Guitar
James - Guitar
Fred - Guitar
Scott T. - Keys
Steve Mac - Saxophone
Dave A. or Jimmy R. or Gary R. - Bass
Rock Action - Drums

then you would have had the best band in the history of the world. They could have blown away Lynard Skynard on the three part guitar stuff.

Last edited by ElRoi on Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston     European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 6:40 pm

So Elroi, now you want triple guitars????? LMAO

Why not make it 4? Scotty T plays excellent lead as well!

Love it!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston     European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 6:45 pm

Hey, Skynard worked it to great affect. Could you imaging Ron holding down the awesome riffs while James and Fred ripped up some dual leads. It would have been incredible. By the way I revised the line-up to include Mac on Sax, so now it's an octet. Now you have the most kick ass band in the history of the Universe.

And yes Nat, Scott T. could have joined in on guitar too.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston     European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 6:55 pm

Dream on!!!!!

Not to hijack this thread........but we can definitely dream up a supergroup to end all supergroups!!!!
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston     European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 8:23 pm

ElRoi wrote:
Hey, Skynard worked it to great affect. Could you imaging Ron holding down the awesome riffs while James and Fred ripped up some dual leads. It would have been incredible. By the way I revised the line-up to include Mac on Sax, so now it's an octet. Now you have the most kick ass band in the history of the Universe.

OMG that would have been so loud there would have been OSHA and EPA warnings!!
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston     European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 9:50 pm

studioguy wrote:
ElRoi wrote:

OMG that would have been so loud there would have been OSHA and EPA warnings!!

LOL! Yes, it might have registered on the Richter scale.
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston     European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:19 am

Here's disk two don't get your hopes up to much, it is what it is, I think it sounds better and the speed is right. Disk one in a day or so

Link
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston     European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:37 am

Any improvement is greatly appreciated. Really.
Back to top Go down
zenta138

zenta138

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston     European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 4:17 am

Thanks a million!!!!!
Just to be able to hear this at all is a huge deal!!
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston     European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 3:11 am

studio, any progress on disc one?
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston     European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 3:33 am

ElRoi wrote:
studio, any progress on disc one?

I should be able to get it done tomorrow, sorry for the delays

Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston     European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 4:50 am

No rush, I was just wondering. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Radiobirdman73

Radiobirdman73

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston     European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 10:04 am

i'm going with the Sales Bros. I just like em' for that quirky sens of weird rhythm they brought to his sound. Another few albums with them would have been A OK with me.

SRB is pretty devastating though...
Back to top Go down
turdburglar

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-11-11

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston     European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 2:01 am

ElRoi wrote:
You're not disagreeing with me, I was the first "Yes" in the poll. I was merely agreeing with MJG that the Sales Bros were pretty damn good.

If it had been Iggy with SRB with Scott Thurston on keys and Ron on second guitar, it would have absolutely been the best band ever. Not just the best band Iggy has played with, but the best band ever. Period. Not knocking James, but Fred Smith was probably one of the best under appreciated guitarists of all time. I guess if you had the line-up of:

Iggy - vocals
Ron - Guitar
James - Guitar
Fred - Guitar
Scott T. - Keys
Steve Mac - Saxophone
Dave A. or Jimmy R. or Gary R. - Bass
Rock Action - Drums

then you would have had the best band in the history of the world. They could have blown away Lynard Skynard on the three part guitar stuff.

Haha yeah, i'll take this lineup with Dave on bass.

'77 lineup with the Sales bros. and Ricky Gardiner was definitely amazing though.

Back to top Go down
birchy

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston     European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 12:23 am

For me the Sales bros...best rythm section,Fred Smith and Brian James...best guitar
players!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston     European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

European Rendezvous 1978-Iggy with SRB and Scott Thurston
Page 1 of 1