Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Stooges at V Festival

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
smut

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-03-08

The Stooges at V Festival Empty
PostSubject: The Stooges at V Festival   The Stooges at V Festival Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 4:25 pm

Hey, was anyone there yesterday? (or sat if you went to Staffs?) it was soooooooooooooooooooooo ace!
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges at V Festival   The Stooges at V Festival Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 5:22 pm

So did they play the usual set? Did Iggy manage to get a good crowd on stage for "Real Cool Time"?
Tell us more please Smut!
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
smut

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges at V Festival   The Stooges at V Festival Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 6:00 pm

Hi Richard

it was a lot shorter set than normal. 30 mins i'd guess. no stage invasion either, i think security were aware of what had happened at Glasto so there was no chance. Iggy didn't ask for a stage invasion either, but he did motion with his hands for people to come up, but you just wouldn't be able to anyway! he was fooking ace, they all were! TV Eye, 1969, I Wanna Be Your Dog etc, it was all so fabulous! i have bruises on my bruises from being crushed on the barrier but it was worth it, especially when he came down into the crowd and i got to hold his hand! haha! *fangirl* Wink it was a fabulous show, really brilliant!
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges at V Festival   The Stooges at V Festival Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 6:40 pm

Thanks Smut.
30 mins is short even by Stooges festival standards.
I had heard that Iggy was annoyed with the V organisers for scheduling the band after the lightweight inoffensive funk-lite of Lemar and Corinne Bailey Rae which strikes me as an utterly bizarre piece of planning. Maybe that's why they played a relatively short set.
But I would guess from your description that the Stooges, as ever, packed more energy into that performance than almost all the other bands put together.
Glad you enjoyed it and got to hold Iggy's hand. Nothing wrong with being a fangirl!
I still remember pulling Iggy into the crowd at Manchester in 1988, right on top of me - twice! He's always loved that sort of contact.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
smut

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges at V Festival   The Stooges at V Festival Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 6:44 pm

it was the most random line up ever. Corrine Bailey Rae first (snoreoff) and then Damien Rice?! wtf? the good thing about it is that the Bailey Rae fans darted off and we got straight to the front!!! fabulous! i loved it, i enjoyed it more than i did when i saw them at Glasto, even though it was a much shorter set. they are total legends.

do you know if they're doing a UK tour at all? (I.e. not just festivals)

x
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges at V Festival   The Stooges at V Festival Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 1:38 pm

They played for more like 40-50 minutes. I saw them in Chelmsford, well it seemed rude not to go. I wouldn't have bothered as the rest of the line-up was so poor and I knew it wouldn't be their crowd but it is my hometown. It was surprisingly good but Harewood House was loads better and they were on fire in Paris.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Stooges at V Festival   The Stooges at V Festival Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Stooges at V Festival
Page 1 of 1