Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

stooges boxset

Go down 
+13
blackout88
ad_hoc
dynamite boogie
Shakes
homesickjameswilliamson
G, F#, E
boogie
ziggy
NickZah
ashitanoramen
gazatthebop
stooges
morepower
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
morepower

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2010-08-04

stooges boxset Empty
PostSubject: stooges boxset   stooges boxset Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 7:29 am

Last edited by morepower on Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stooges

stooges

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2009-05-16

stooges boxset Empty
PostSubject: Re: stooges boxset   stooges boxset Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 11:23 am

i have all album from video(except a double danger) Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

stooges boxset Empty
PostSubject: Re: stooges boxset   stooges boxset Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 11:33 am

the Funhouse boxset included too would have made it really "sick"!
Back to top Go down
ashitanoramen

ashitanoramen

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2010-04-05

stooges boxset Empty
PostSubject: Re: stooges boxset   stooges boxset Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:18 pm

gazatthebop wrote:
the Funhouse boxset included too would have made it really "sick"!
yes,it's the only thing missing,and asthma attack,hey peter and I'm hungry!! stooges boxset 761527 ,
maybe his friend now do a expanded reissue...
Back to top Go down
NickZah

NickZah

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-05-16

stooges boxset Empty
PostSubject: Re: stooges boxset   stooges boxset Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:34 pm

my opinion such boxset can make every Very Happy and possibly much better than this
Back to top Go down
ziggy

ziggy

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-11

stooges boxset Empty
PostSubject: Re: stooges boxset   stooges boxset Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:40 pm

That's a bunch of easyly found recordings on burnt cds thrown in an ugly-ass-cheap-print-home-made box. I don't see the point. Doesn't anyboy enjoy owning actual records anymore ?
Back to top Go down
ashitanoramen

ashitanoramen

Number of posts : 143

stooges boxset Empty
PostSubject: Re: stooges boxset   stooges boxset Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:49 pm

ziggy wrote:
That's a bunch of easyly found recordings on burnt cds thrown in an ugly-ass-cheap-print-home-made box. I don't see the point. Doesn't anyboy enjoy owning actual records anymore ?
stooges boxset 273387 I'm looking for the point too!!!
Back to top Go down
boogie

boogie

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2009-09-06

stooges boxset Empty
PostSubject: Re: stooges boxset   stooges boxset Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 3:53 pm

Sleep
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

stooges boxset Empty
PostSubject: Re: stooges boxset   stooges boxset Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 4:07 pm

This is hilarious, the unwarranted self-importance in his voice is priceless. "Isn't this sweet! UNBELIEVABLE!". Nothing like a plastic box with burnt CDs with an image on the front found on Google Images. If only we all had friends like Lucifer Bob as well as random things that we could flaunt in front of a camera.
Back to top Go down
ziggy

ziggy

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-11

stooges boxset Empty
PostSubject: Re: stooges boxset   stooges boxset Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 4:26 pm

Hey, I got a pretty cool handmade mini-bar, maybe I should put it on youtube.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

stooges boxset Empty
PostSubject: Re: stooges boxset   stooges boxset Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 6:25 pm

Its nice enough i guess, but like everyones said, its just CD-Rs

also, is this recorded evidence of his/the guy who sent it's own illegality?

when people said bootlegs i imagined they'd all be bootlegs, but he has all the official albums, official live stuff and the EA stuff like the 1971 box, this isnt allowed right?

i mean i know people share CDs obviously, but im hardly going to show myself posting copies of all the albums i have to a friend - its just stupid - also he could just download them which i assume is equally illegal or just use spotify which is entirely legal

and good point about the loss of appreciation for records Ziggy, im only 21 and as much as i love the whole experience of buying a record

and worse part of online stuff is you cant - or at least its harder to - stumble upon things, with amazon theres no way you're going to click from A to Z and add stuff to your basket as you go, the internets about making what you want to find easier

i've mentioned it before on the website, but my best 'impulse' buy was penetration the CD best of the 72 - 74 rehearsals, i remember seeing 'iggy pop' and for some reason knowing the name but i didnt konw from where, so i bought it, and that was years ago and i think i have pretty much everything put out by the stooges, iggy and side projects like DAM and sonics rendezvous band etc and seen them 3 times - and you cant stumble upon that kind of love for a band on amazon

HJW
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-12-08

stooges boxset Empty
PostSubject: Re: stooges boxset   stooges boxset Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 6:30 pm

i watched that video, because he thought i would like it.
Back to top Go down
morepower

stooges boxset Empty
PostSubject: Re: stooges boxset   stooges boxset Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:06 pm

ziggy wrote:
there vinyl rips so i think it must of taken some effort
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

stooges boxset Empty
PostSubject: Re: stooges boxset   stooges boxset Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:43 pm

morepower wrote:
ziggy wrote:
there vinyl rips so i think it must of taken some effort

I typed in "funhouse vinyl rip sundazed" into Google, on the first page there were several sites with rips of it. Still nice of him, to give The Stooges no royaties (almost as bad as uploading them to your own blog) and show off his friend's hilariously bad "album art".
Back to top Go down
dynamite boogie

dynamite boogie

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-07-19

stooges boxset Empty
PostSubject: Re: stooges boxset   stooges boxset Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:52 pm

this one is even better !https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-PuOjhi44o&feature=channel
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/redelektra69
morepower

stooges boxset Empty
PostSubject: Re: stooges boxset   stooges boxset Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:54 pm

dynamite boogie wrote:
this one is even better !https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-PuOjhi44o&feature=channel
ha
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

stooges boxset Empty
PostSubject: Re: stooges boxset   stooges boxset Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 10:37 pm

dynamite boogie wrote:

stooges boxset 910986 Tears of laughter here. "And you know what, I'm going to put it next to the Jimmi, oh yeah it's good to be the list monger", oblivious that he hasn't even shut his shit boxsets properly.
Back to top Go down
ad_hoc

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-11-20

stooges boxset Empty
PostSubject: Re: stooges boxset   stooges boxset Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 10:48 pm

he and lucifer bob should just get a room...
Back to top Go down
morepower

stooges boxset Empty
PostSubject: Re: stooges boxset   stooges boxset Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 10:53 pm

ad_hoc wrote:

he and lucifer bob should just get a room...
ha
Back to top Go down
morepower

stooges boxset Empty
PostSubject: Re: stooges boxset   stooges boxset Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 5:16 am

Back to top Go down
blackout88

blackout88

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-04-20

stooges boxset Empty
PostSubject: Re: stooges boxset   stooges boxset Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 12:22 pm

Lucifer Bob needs to get out more
Back to top Go down
http://unwantedfriends.blogspot.com/
Mr. FunBoy

Mr. FunBoy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-12-20

stooges boxset Empty
PostSubject: Re: stooges boxset   stooges boxset Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 12:55 pm

hahahaha
that's true
Back to top Go down
http://HeavyLiquidVideos.yola.com
morepower

stooges boxset Empty
PostSubject: Re: stooges boxset   stooges boxset Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:40 pm

blackout88 wrote:
Lucifer Bob needs to get out more
ha
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

stooges boxset Empty
PostSubject: Re: stooges boxset   stooges boxset Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 7:27 am

G, F#, E wrote:
This is hilarious, the unwarranted self-importance in his voice is priceless. "Isn't this sweet! UNBELIEVABLE!". Nothing like a plastic box with burnt CDs with an image on the front found on Google Images. If only we all had friends like Lucifer Bob as well as random things that we could flaunt in front of a camera.

do believe you have hit the nail squarely on the head. The guy sounds like a bit of a douche bag. He probably doesn't even really like the Stooges.
Back to top Go down
trigger

Number of posts : 7

stooges boxset Empty
PostSubject: Re: stooges boxset   stooges boxset Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 3:31 pm

Kiloh (the guy in the video) is a good guy. He has a great Texas Psych google group and a Syd Barrett group. He was raising money for Roky Erickson when Roky's only income was benefits.
I don't think The Stooges boxset video was a good idea though. The guy that burned the discs (Lucifer Bob) shouldn't have given them to Kiloh, as effectively it's bootlegging available albums, and taking money from the artists. Not good. Easy Action do a fantastic job of putting out previously unavailble Stooges material, and to see it being copied and distributed this way is bad.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

stooges boxset Empty
PostSubject: Re: stooges boxset   stooges boxset Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

stooges boxset
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next