Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen

Go down 
+4
iggy-fan
Nadja
TED
ChuckN
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ChuckN

ChuckN

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-10-29

Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen Empty
PostSubject: Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen   Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 2:27 pm

Finally the Stooges are coming to Norway. The are playing at the music festival named "Øya-festivalen".
Will give a short review after the gig, but my memory is usually poor when drinking beer and watching my favourite band, so can't guarrantee a too good set-list, but will probably remember if they were any good. Wink
Got an E-mail at July 29th that there was still around 500 tickets left, but are not sure about the status right now.

Anybody else going, or just curious? Be free to post here.
Back to top Go down
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen   Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 2:54 pm

Hi Anders, have a great gig. Can't wait to hear all about it. cheers
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen   Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 3:09 pm

Have a great time Anders!
Back to top Go down
iggy-fan
I Got A Right
iggy-fan

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen   Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 4:40 pm

They did a great show here in Stockholm yesterday. Shorter setlist but very tight and raw.
Back to top Go down
http://goto.glocalnet.net/iggy-fanpage/
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen   Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 7:41 pm

Have fun Anders! Beer, The Stooges and one of those unpronounceable "ø"s is a brilliant combination!
Back to top Go down
ChuckN

ChuckN

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen   Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 8:32 pm

Thanks folks, will post a "proffesional" review here after the show. Feel like a kid going too disney-land. Very Happy

Sound good Iggy-Fan. Have a suspicion that they may play a similar set in Norway as in Sweeden.. You wouln't have the setlist from there?

True Rory. And it's important too know the "ø" when ordering a beer witch is "øl"(You probably know the basics already) on Norwegian. So I'll throw in a crash course for Norwegian here:

The "ø" is the sound you make when not sure about what to answer, and wants to be gentle. Like:
Kind(but clueless) man to Rory: "Led Zeppelin are a really great band".
Gentle Rory: "øøøø".

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen   Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 10:44 pm

isn't it pronounced like a German "ö" ?

Anyway, have fun with the Støøges!
I wished I could go and see them again this year.
Back to top Go down
ChuckN

ChuckN

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen   Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 10:56 pm

Same prononsiation yes, Flo.
Wasn't you going to see them in Finland by the way?
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen   Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:13 am

ChuckN wrote:

True Rory. And it's important too know the "ø" when ordering a beer witch is "øl"(You probably know the basics already) on Norwegian. So I'll throw in a crash course for Norwegian here:

The "ø" is the sound you make when not sure about what to answer, and wants to be gentle. Like:
Kind(but clueless) man to Rory: "Led Zeppelin are a really great band".
Gentle Rory: "øøøø".

Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen 910986 Have fun!
Back to top Go down
iggy-fan
I Got A Right
iggy-fan

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen   Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:15 am

Raw Power, Search & Destroy, Shake Appeal, 1970, Night Theme, Beyond the Law, Open Up & Bleed, Funhouse, I Got A Right, Gimme Danger, No Fun, I wanna Be Your Dog.

Back to top Go down
http://goto.glocalnet.net/iggy-fanpage/
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen   Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 10:21 am

[quote="ChuckN"]
The "ø" is the sound you make when not sure about what to answer, and wants to be gentle.

[/quote]

useful bit of knowledge, thanks Anders! :D
Back to top Go down
ChuckN

ChuckN

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen   Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:08 am

Thanks Iggy Fan. Woulnd't complain if they did the same set here. That set seem close to perfect. 'Raw Power' have to be my favourtite starting song. The longer the starting riff repeates, the better effect. Just like Honky Tonk Woman for the Stones. Really hope they keep 'Funhouse' too.

You're welcome for the free education Nadja. Never know when you feel like a beer when in Norway I'll tell you.. If you liked my course you can visit my blog at www.givememoremoneyforfree.iwantmore.com. Wink

Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen   Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 3:23 pm

ChuckN wrote:
If you liked my course you can visit my blog at www.givememoremoneyforfree.iwantmore.com. Wink

lol!
Back to top Go down
ChuckN

ChuckN

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen   Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 5:16 pm

Not 100% but seems too be the same setlist as in Sweden:

Raw Power
Search & Destroy
Gimme Danger
Shake Appeal
Night Theme
Beyond the Law
Open Up & Bleed
Funhouse
Mackay and Watt's Jam(think it was played here)
I Got A Right
No Fun

Extra numbers:

I wanna Be Your Dog
Death Trip

This was great stuff. Particular Scott and James was on fire this evening. Have to give it to James that this is the closest I've heard him since the Raw Power-era. Especially Search and Destroy sounded very close to
the original, the solos too.
Iggy avoided the high notes, witch was a very smart move. Think he was much better that what I've heard from the London gig.

Saw a little review in the paper "Dagbladet" who seemed too think they were suprisingly good, but Scott where tumbling?!?! Don't know what journalists smoke these days, but Scott was a rock! Ponding aggresive and steady as he always have.

James did his Ron impressions on the pre Raw Power songs, using a lot of wah wah and is getting close too Ron's style on those songs, witch was a really nice touch. He's not there yet, though I doubt no one ever will be.

The highlights have too be S&D, 1970 and Funhouse with a great psychedelic feeling much thanks too Mackay.

A special mention goes too Mike Watt. Think he was flawless and playful. Even if he needed help to get on and off the stages, he seemed to forget about his broken leg, and started to "hump" his amp in a middle of a song!

Last edited by ChuckN on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
comaman

comaman

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen   Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 12:07 am

You guys forgot Gimme Danger, which was definitely played as 3rd song...
Back to top Go down
ChuckN

ChuckN

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen   Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 1:02 am

Thanks comaman, you're right about that. Pretty sure Shake Appeal(with stage-invation) was next then.. Didn't they do Penetration too?
Back to top Go down
EyeGee

EyeGee

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen   Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 3:14 am

Thanks for the review!!!
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen   Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 11:53 am

didn't they play your pretty face is going to hell and kill city???
Back to top Go down
ChuckN

ChuckN

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen   Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:49 pm

You're right Hector. Both were played, about half-way into the show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen   Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oslo, Norway 11'th august @Øyafestivalen
Page 1 of 1