Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ungano's arrived today

Go down 
+35
Guima Ramone
runningfromthepain
neven
andrew
nkdlunch
jerrythebarman
ashitanoramen
ChuckN
studioguy
NickZah
Luzern
elvis plebsley
Rob Gallucci
Mr. FunBoy
Monger
MJG196
Donald
dtklamf
gazatthebop
rokyforever
IGGYDANZIG
KarlR
popmansam
Hectorlovesthestooges
Mighty High
Garageman
Chris Moise
ggriffin
Natalie
totenkopf
davidh
mc
sizeable bulge
specotron
larry fine
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Ungano's arrived today - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 7:14 pm

I have not received anything yet. I called Rhino yesterday and they said it could take 12 business days. I told them that was ridiculous. That would mean that it could be 17 days from time of shipment until delivery.

I don't think Pony Express would take that long! I am not happy about this.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 8:45 pm

Donald wrote:
Any VAT to pay on UK orders? I got stung for 13.67GBP on the Rhino first album in May.

No fees thank fuck. My customs declaration had $15.98 written on it (I only bought Unganos) so that + postage comes under the £18 UK allowance.
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 9:49 pm

Natalie wrote:
I have not received anything yet. I called Rhino yesterday and they said it could take 12 business days. I told them that was ridiculous. That would mean that it could be 17 days from time of shipment until delivery.

I don't think Pony Express would take that long! I am not happy about this.

It's been 40 years. What's another month? I love you
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
davidh

davidh

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2010-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:54 am

Mine just arrived in Melbourne, so it's getting around. Listening to it now for the first time - sound is sketchy, but overall OK. I don't know if it's my ears getting used to it, or if the sound improves over time, but as of the end of TV Eye (which is on right now), it's sounding pretty damn cool.

All the players are great - Scotty is fucking amazing - but if there's a second guitarist, he's not plugged in.
Back to top Go down
Monger

Monger

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 1:26 am

Arrived here in Los Angeles yesterday.
As i predicted,Rolling Stone magazine type journalisim via Lenny Kaye,id like to hear a reminiscing from someone whos not in the NYC hip royalty who was present at the gigs.
Packaging is better than expected,but still i suspect EA would have put a better package together..id alo like a bit more technical info about how it got recorded and what was used,etc..but thats just nitpicking on my behalf.
The sound quality itself..not too bad,all thing considered and is quite a find!
i do NOT hear a 2nd guitar and i was always under the impression that Zeke was a poor player.having trouble catching on to the instrument from what i had read in the past.Teach ya not to believe everything ya read,his performance is fine.Also,i dont think this and popped are the same show,and thats cool! "have some fun" and "my dream is dead" sound just like something Iggy was saying during the LA Blues/freakout at the end,listing them as unheard songs is rather dopey...anyway thats my 2 cents.Certainly a worthy addition to the stooges shelf!
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 1:29 am

MJG, I was there all 7 times they played Unganos so I can wait. It's the principle that annoys me and Rhino's lack of good customer service. In addition, I think they charged too much for that last Stooge release for a few new songs. Just venting.......
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 11:51 am

The music is great but the packaging is distinctly average.

Really love Have Some Fun/My Dream is Dead, definitely different enough to LA Blues to warrant a different title, whatever it was originally called.
Back to top Go down
Garageman

Garageman

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:02 pm

After listening to this a few more times, I'm pretty sure at least "Dirt" is from the same same show on both "Popped" and "Ungano's". They do sound a bit different though, I probably prefer the "Popped" -version at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Mr. FunBoy

Mr. FunBoy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 6:50 am

Hey how long does it take to arrive to your home?
Back to top Go down
http://HeavyLiquidVideos.yola.com
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:46 pm

Ungano's arrived today - Page 2 100_1653

Last edited by gazatthebop on Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:47 pm

Ungano's arrived today - Page 2 100_1654
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 4:06 pm

Ungano's arrived today - Page 2 100_1656
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 4:06 pm

Ungano's arrived today - Page 2 100_1658
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 4:07 pm

Ungano's arrived today - Page 2 100_1655
Back to top Go down
specotron

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 4:31 pm

Really unimpressive packaging overall, especially compared to the superior boxes that have been arriving on a regular basis this year. That said, it doesn't matter... the music matters and this holds it's own with the other live revelation this year: Peaches show. It is even more important due to the rarity of the material from 1970.

Any more thoughts on the last track? I am in the L.A. Blues camp, however, think there are semi-songs within, which rise out of the noise long enough to heard as such. If they were real songs, one would think there would be traces of them elsewhere however. Either way, to my ears, it is the highpoint of the album, and that's really saying something as it was a revelatory show, start to finish.
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 5:03 pm

i dont understand why they bothered putting it in a box, a not very strong one either. The music sounds like it has been EQ'd to the max, but like they set the levels at the beginning and didn't alter them throughout.
Back to top Go down
Rob Gallucci

Rob Gallucci

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 11:33 pm

The cardboard box packaging is rather poor. The music though is fantastic! I am a little bit gutted that there is no 2nd guitar audible - that would have been incredible. Maybe one day?!

Natalie - when you get your copy, you must tell us if the last track is the usual set ending Freakout, or if it is indeed "Way Down In Egypt" or something else. There is certainly more structure going on than in L.A. Blues/Freakout.

Boy oh boy, we have been spoilt over the last 18 months!
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 1:29 am

I know Rhino were offered colour photos from Unganos taken by Danny Fields, don't know why they didn't use them.
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 1:42 am

making my own jewel case booklet using the artwork, if its in a box i'll never play it!
Back to top Go down
IGGYDANZIG

IGGYDANZIG

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 9:28 am

Are you guys serious?I LOVE the packaging,when does a regular priced CD have 2 great photos,a poster with aweso e picture,alot of liner notes,and a VERY cool repro of the newspaper announcement,double sided as if it was cut out!!!!and a photo box for 1 cd!!!My girlfriend was totaally impressed as myself,you guys expect WAY too much.Its not teh Funhouse boxset for Chrisssake.Which I also recieved same day btw,3 days after it came out,Natalie something seems wrong I got mine VERY fast in teh US.
You should be extatic with the set guys or at least very happy,I am,and I have all teh cds,records etc.Jesus.
BTW Im selling an autographed by Iggy and James record from the ATP show I Interviewed them att,and several other 45 records in teh sales stand here.Check it out.You guys are gonna be VERY VERY happy when teh Blue Ray and DVD comes out of teh show and Interview which was an hour and a half interview!!!!I have about an hour of it recorded but cant make it public,until teh DVD comes out next year.Iggy and teh band are very informative,witty and funny as hell during my Interview.
Back to top Go down
elvis plebsley

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 1:31 pm

North West yesterday. Fingers crossed for North East today.
Back to top Go down
Luzern

Luzern

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Unganos landed in Germany today. Great set!

I made a side by side comparison of "Dirt" and "1970" on "Unganos" and "Popped/1000 Lights". Those two tracks are from the same recording/tape on both releases! On "Popped" there is less hiss and the recording seems clearer, so either Easy Action had a lower generation tape, or different filters/noise reduction were used when remastering the recording.
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 9:57 pm

anyone still waiting?
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 10:04 pm

Me...cause I live in the Canary Islands!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 10:28 pm

Hectorlovesthestooges wrote:
Me...cause I live in the Canary Islands!!! Very Happy

check your PM inbox
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ungano's arrived today   Ungano's arrived today - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ungano's arrived today
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next