Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What's a "real" Stooge?

Go down 
+9
studioguy
G, F#, E
Mr. FunBoy
blackout88
c-deep
sizeable bulge
msteeln
Nadja
Cherry
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

What's a "real" Stooge? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's a "real" Stooge?   What's a "real" Stooge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 2:22 am

G, F#, E wrote:
studioguy wrote:
951Sib wrote:
It's a shame that Jimmy Recca did not take part in the reunion!

Who knows what the future will bring, they have had contact with each other at least on FB. Jimmy is also a guitar player, I could see him as a 2nd guitar player more than the bassist at this point.

This Jimmy Recca thing has been going on since he's been "found" again. As James, Scott and Recca all have facebook and nothing has surfaced I think we can all safely assume something has stopped that in Stooge camp and it won't happen. I may be wrong but if something were to happen I think it would have happened by now.

Unless Mike wrecks his knee even more and opts out, I don't really see it in a live situation either. Maybe studio recordings of the '71 material or selected special guest, who knows. This is the Stooges after all, anything might happen and probably will.
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
sway

sway

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: What's a "real" Stooge?   What's a "real" Stooge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 8:35 am

I don't think it really matters.

Those first two records are "Stooges" albums, Raw Power was technically a different band w/ a very different sound. Same thing can be said for The Weirdness. I think Watt does a fantastic job, and honestly I can't imagine anyone else filling the spot and it making as much sense.
Back to top Go down
951Sib

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2010-12-28

PostSubject: Re: What's a "real" Stooge?   What's a "real" Stooge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 5:08 pm

I think they should have reunited in the 5 piece line up (Pop, Asheton, Williamson, Recca, Asheton) in 2003.

But they won't change the band now. I don't see anyone who could replace Watt. To me, he's not a real Stooge, but he's irreplaceable anyway.
Back to top Go down
sway

sway

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: What's a "real" Stooge?   What's a "real" Stooge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 1:07 pm

I think at this point, Watt qualifies as being more of a "Stooge" than Recca. But again, I don't think it really matters.

Side note:

Watt definitely adds a fresh element to some of the bands older material. Dude is a fantastic bass player.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's a "real" Stooge?   What's a "real" Stooge? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's a "real" Stooge?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: