Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tracking down the post-Goose Lake Stooges gigs of 1970

Go down 
+13
matt gimmick
comaman
G, F#, E
Funhousehideaway#2
adams66
blackout88
trailerborn
Iguanas
totenkopf
sweet_sixteen
mc
weed_killer
pernil
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Tracking down the post-Goose Lake Stooges gigs of 1970 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tracking down the post-Goose Lake Stooges gigs of 1970   Tracking down the post-Goose Lake Stooges gigs of 1970 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 8:46 pm

haha.. ok. you know, I see Little Richard, Imagine the show, not much brain power left lol Razz
Would have gone to two shows though
Back to top Go down
totenkopf

totenkopf

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Tracking down the post-Goose Lake Stooges gigs of 1970   Tracking down the post-Goose Lake Stooges gigs of 1970 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 9:31 pm

I'll throw this one out. I spoke to Iggy shortly after the Saturday night Stooges performance at the Electric Circus in May. He stated that The Stooges just recorded two singles, was it true or just junky bullshit, if true, does Elektra still have them? Yet another Stooges mystery.
Back to top Go down
blackout88

blackout88

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Tracking down the post-Goose Lake Stooges gigs of 1970   Tracking down the post-Goose Lake Stooges gigs of 1970 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 8:51 pm

I wish dude ..... i really do wish.
Back to top Go down
http://unwantedfriends.blogspot.com/
matt gimmick

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Tracking down the post-Goose Lake Stooges gigs of 1970   Tracking down the post-Goose Lake Stooges gigs of 1970 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 7:55 pm

matt gimmick here; about this stooges matter........... what do all you dogs wanna know?
Back to top Go down
23rd Express

23rd Express

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Tracking down the post-Goose Lake Stooges gigs of 1970   Tracking down the post-Goose Lake Stooges gigs of 1970 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 10:26 pm

Hey Matt,

Aside from being interested along with the others about these gigs pre '71 etc... I would ask something else, slightly off topic to this thread.

My question would be - do wanna hook up with a label in England and put those tapes of yours out?

You've said in the past "I have an old recording of the stooges back in 1971 at the palladium in birmingham ,michigan, and also i have other live recordings from that era and before".

Now you know many people would love to hear these tapes. Why not hook up with a label willing to collaborate and put them out?

If you have material from 1969 that must be the only live audio of the Stooges around aside from the 45 second snippet on that 1986 VPRO documentary.

So what do you say? People would love to hear this archival stuff. Let those old cassettes/reels roll man!

23rd Express
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Tracking down the post-Goose Lake Stooges gigs of 1970   Tracking down the post-Goose Lake Stooges gigs of 1970 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 1:26 am

23, Micky Gimmick I'm sure has been asked this 1000 times and if he still had those tapes we'd have heard 'em by now. Ain't that right Al? Fuckin' shame though, you could've made a few thousand off them for sure.
Back to top Go down
Monger

Monger

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Tracking down the post-Goose Lake Stooges gigs of 1970   Tracking down the post-Goose Lake Stooges gigs of 1970 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 7:35 am

Hopefully any old tapes havent deteriorated over all this time
Back to top Go down
blackout88

blackout88

PostSubject: Re: Tracking down the post-Goose Lake Stooges gigs of 1970   Tracking down the post-Goose Lake Stooges gigs of 1970 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 11:30 pm

hit us up with everything you got!
Back to top Go down
blackout88

blackout88

PostSubject: Re: Tracking down the post-Goose Lake Stooges gigs of 1970   Tracking down the post-Goose Lake Stooges gigs of 1970 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 5:59 pm

In regards to Per wanting to decipher the lyrics to some of the '71 songs, heres my take on Fresh Rag that i posted earlier in the tabs/lyrics section.

Taken from Disc 3 of YWMA, the last show chronologically of the box set (almost the tour) and also the most audible of the 4.

An Absolute lost classic and a well worthy addition to their current set list in my book.

Fresh Rag

So this, is Sweet Revenge ...... Maestro.

I Don’t Wanna!
Baby Fine, You’re So Full Of Action
And I’ve Been Loose, But Your Always Right
So I, But You Wont Hurt Baby
You’re a Little Thing, Ill Take You If I’m Able

Chorus:

Cos I Need Ya! X 1
And I Need Ya x 2

You Don’t Know What I’m Living For
You’ve Gone Fucked My Little Soul

Baby Fine, Aw I Love Your Hair
In Your Fur Line Boots, And Your Underwear
Baby Love, I Want Your Song
But You’re a Little Girl, You Don’t Know What I Want

Chorus:

And I Need Ya x 3

Baby Fine,
Work It,
With Your Camel Boots, You’ll See Me After Their Weathered
Your So Fine, Girl Your Really True
And So I, Well Babe You Finally Know

Chorus:

And I Need Ya x 3
Back to top Go down
Doojiman121

Doojiman121

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Tracking down the post-Goose Lake Stooges gigs of 1970   Tracking down the post-Goose Lake Stooges gigs of 1970 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 10:13 am

I heard this swedish band called "Demons" has made a cover on "You don't want my name".
Interesting thing to find on Spotify when you search for old Stooges songs. Tongue
Back to top Go down
sizeable bulge

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Tracking down the post-Goose Lake Stooges gigs of 1970   Tracking down the post-Goose Lake Stooges gigs of 1970 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 12:29 am

I think your take on 'Fresh Rag" is largely on the mark but there's a few improvements I can make:

You've got "You've gone fucked my little soul"

I hear " You're gonna fuck my little soul"

You've got " Baby fine , Aw I love your hair, In your fur line boots, and your underwear"

I hear " Baby fine, how I love your hair, and your part time boots, and your underwear"

You've got " With your camel boots, you'll see me after their weathered"

I've got "With your cut off boots, your dirty underwear".
Back to top Go down
sweet_sixteen

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Tracking down the post-Goose Lake Stooges gigs of 1970   Tracking down the post-Goose Lake Stooges gigs of 1970 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 10:52 pm

sizeable bulge wrote:
I think your take on 'Fresh Rag" is largely on the mark but there's a few improvements I can make:

You've got "You've gone fucked my little soul"

I hear " You're gonna fuck my little soul"

You've got " Baby fine , Aw I love your hair, In your fur line boots, and your underwear"

I hear " Baby fine, how I love your hair, and your part time boots, and your underwear"

You've got " With your camel boots, you'll see me after their weathered"

I've got "With your cut off boots, your dirty underwear".

Fur-lined boots makes more sense than part-time boots...just sayin'
Back to top Go down
blackout88

blackout88

PostSubject: Re: Tracking down the post-Goose Lake Stooges gigs of 1970   Tracking down the post-Goose Lake Stooges gigs of 1970 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 7:55 pm

Cheers Bulge, i struggled witht the 'camel boots' line when i originally tried to figure it out. I would still say I'm right on with 'Fur Line Boots', i would say its pretty clear to hear.

Anyone ever attempted big time bum or do you want my love?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tracking down the post-Goose Lake Stooges gigs of 1970   Tracking down the post-Goose Lake Stooges gigs of 1970 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tracking down the post-Goose Lake Stooges gigs of 1970
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2