Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Most complete and best sounding Iggy & The Stooges CD?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SimonJ

SimonJ

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2011-01-15

Most complete and best sounding Iggy & The Stooges CD? Empty
PostSubject: Most complete and best sounding Iggy & The Stooges CD?   Most complete and best sounding Iggy & The Stooges CD? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 5:20 pm

Hello everyone!
I have been looking a long time for the most complete and best sounding Iggy & The Stooges CD with the songs that maybe would have ended up on an fourth Stooges album (Open Up & Bleed, Head On, She Creatures In Hollywood Hills and so on). There are way too many CDs with the same songs in different sounding versions out there for me too know which one I should pick.
Back to top Go down
zaval80

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2011-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Most complete and best sounding Iggy & The Stooges CD?   Most complete and best sounding Iggy & The Stooges CD? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 7:09 pm

Probably this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Head-Iggy-Pop-Stooges/dp/B000005C5C

(note the review of a user named "Arawn", which basically repeats what the author of the "Complete Iggy Pop" book says - if you need a CD of the kind you described, this is it - though I am not sure if it offers the best quality).

At the very least it has a rare version of "I Got A Right" which was unavailable anywhere else back at the time.
Back to top Go down
mark

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Most complete and best sounding Iggy & The Stooges CD?   Most complete and best sounding Iggy & The Stooges CD? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 9:24 pm

The most complete collection of those tracks is Disc 3 of the 'Heavy Liquid' box. There is a handful of tracks not included on this release, most (but not all) of which are on 'Wild Love'. See this thread for details.
Back to top Go down
SimonJ

SimonJ

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2011-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Most complete and best sounding Iggy & The Stooges CD?   Most complete and best sounding Iggy & The Stooges CD? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Thanks for the answers!

By the way, are those 1971 songs (You Don't Want My Name, Fresh Rag etc.) available on some other CD than the You Don't Want My Name, You Want My Action Box Set? I guess they never recorded those in a studio, right?
Back to top Go down
zaval80

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2011-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Most complete and best sounding Iggy & The Stooges CD?   Most complete and best sounding Iggy & The Stooges CD? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 6:18 pm

Not on any other CD, my guess, although there had been a live CD from 1971 before. I don't have it, the quality must be bad from what I've heard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most complete and best sounding Iggy & The Stooges CD?   Most complete and best sounding Iggy & The Stooges CD? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Most complete and best sounding Iggy & The Stooges CD?
Page 1 of 1