Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!!

Go down 
+9
woody
osterbergermeister
sheddy
Billy
PSYCHEDELIC_STOOGE
Natalie
adams66
studioguy
13 posters
AuthorMessage
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!! Empty
PostSubject: Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!!   Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 1:36 am

link

Very cool!!
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!!   Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 9:41 am

That's great news.
It'll be an emotional night for sure. Anyone from here going?
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!!   Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:15 am

Richard,

Do you really have to ask? LMAO

Natalie
Back to top Go down
PSYCHEDELIC_STOOGE

PSYCHEDELIC_STOOGE

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!!   Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 8:15 pm

This will be a great night.
Back to top Go down
adams66

PostSubject: Re: Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!!   Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 12:04 pm

Natalie wrote:
Richard,

Do you really have to ask? LMAO

Natalie

yeah that was a stupid question wasn't it? !!

It wasn't quite what I meant - should have asked Who is going?

And have a great time!

Cheers

Richard
Back to top Go down
Billy

Billy

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!!   Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 4:36 pm

Quote :
Ron Asheton Tribute Concert Planned April 19th, Tickets Available February 18th

Iggy and the Stooges will return to Ann Arbor to play the Michigan Theater in a special concert tribute to the late Ron Asheton. The concert is set for Tuesday, April 19th, and will benefit the Ron Asheton Foundation and the Humane Society of Huron Valley. On drums will be Ron’s brother, Scott Asheton, with Ann Arbor native Deniz Tek joining on guitar. Henry Rollins will emcee the evening and also will perform.

No mention of James and Mike?

The concert is set for 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 19. Tickets — $59.50 & 39.50, plus limited premium seating also available — go on sale at 10 a.m. Friday, Feb. 18.

http://www.iggyandthestoogesmusic.com/us/news/ron-asheton-tribute-concert-planned-april-19th-tickets-available-february-18th

Back to top Go down
adams66

PostSubject: Re: Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!!   Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 6:48 pm

Poor Mike often gets overlooked when the Stooges are mentioned, but interesting that Deniz Tek is on guitar, and presumably not James?
Or is Deniz an additional guitarist?? If so, they could play the 1971 material...
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!!   Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 1:32 am

Someone better bootleg this show! This sounds like it will be such a great show. I wish I could go, but I don't live too close to Michigan. It's so boring here.
Back to top Go down
sheddy

sheddy

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!!   Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 11:20 am

There's some info on the Ron Foundation site:

http://www.ronashetonfoundation.org/

All for a good cause, and I hope we get some good pics and even a video!
Back to top Go down
osterbergermeister

osterbergermeister

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!!   Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 11:26 pm

I'm going!!

Just got my ticket!

Steve

Back to top Go down
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!!   Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 1:23 am

I hope that Ron gets a tribute every year. He should do, every year, and that would be a great focus for the foundation. That way those of us way far away will maybe be able one day to make it over to pay respects and tributes.
Back to top Go down
msteeln

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!!   Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:47 pm

"The full and present Iggy and the Stooges line up will then perform a full set, songs from The Stooges, Funhouse, Raw Power/- James Williamson - guitar, Scott Asheton - drums, Iggy Pop - vocals, Mike Watt and Steve Mackay, Bass and Sax respectively." - Iggy Pop

Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!!   Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 5:48 pm

FUCK TICKETMASTER!!!!!!

FUCK TICKETMASTER!!!!!!

FUCK TICKETMASTER!!!!!!

FUCK TICKETMASTER!!!!!!

FUCK TICKETMASTER!!!!!!

FUCK TICKETMASTER!!!!!!

FUCK TICKETMASTER!!!!!!

FUCK TICKETMASTER!!!!!!

FUCK TICKETMASTER!!!!!!

FUCK TICKETMASTER!!!!
Back to top Go down
Billy

Billy

PostSubject: Re: Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!!   Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 2:47 pm

Quote :
FUCK TICKETMASTER!!!!!!

FUCK TICKETMASTER!!!!!!

FUCK TICKETMASTER!!!!!!

FUCK TICKETMASTER!!!!!!

FUCK TICKETMASTER!!!!!!

FUCK TICKETMASTER!!!!!!

FUCK TICKETMASTER!!!!!!

FUCK TICKETMASTER!!!!!!

FUCK TICKETMASTER!!!!!!

FUCK TICKETMASTER!!!!

I know exactly what you mean! I spent a few hours trying to get tickets Wednesday in the pre-sale with no luck. There was a lot of cussing and banging of the computer desk going on! The poor dog was hiding behind the couch wondering what the hell was going on! I saw there were tickets on ebay already so ended up buying two main floor right row F for $300. Glad I did because tickets sold out in under an hour on Friday, long before I got home from work to try Tickemaster again.
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

PostSubject: Re: Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!!   Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 12:05 am

sheddy wrote:
There's some info on the Ron Foundation site:

http://www.ronashetonfoundation.org/

All for a good cause, and I hope we get some good pics and even a video!

'All for a good cause' Very Happy So I had an idea for all of us who can't get to the benefit gig... we should all still pay for tickets. Yeah! Not to the box office, but direct to Ron's charity foundation. I mean, if I could get there, and tickets were available, I'd pay in a moment. So I figured as it's for Ron's foundation I should pay anyway, and maybe it's worth thinking about because if all of us around the world who would like the chance to be there (and could afford to be there, but just can't get there) would all pay the ticket price anyway - direct to Ron's charity foundation - that might make this event really HUGE.

Back to top Go down
Funhousehideaway#2

Funhousehideaway#2

Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!!   Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 8:18 am

Main floor. Man, I cannot wait.
Back to top Go down
Mr. FunBoy

Mr. FunBoy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!!   Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 12:26 am

I'm not going... Sad

But will this concert be released on DVD? or at least shown on T.V?

It looks like it will be one heck of a show.
Back to top Go down
http://HeavyLiquidVideos.yola.com
osterbergermeister

osterbergermeister

Registration date : 2007-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!!   Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 2:15 am

Article about show with long Iggy interview from today's Detroit Metro Times:

http://metrotimes.com/music/stooge-power-1.1131623
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

PostSubject: Re: Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!!   Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 6:21 pm

I hope there's going to be a good audio &/or maybe video recording made for marketing. It looks like it's going to be a memorable night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!!   Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 2:20 pm

Yey, this may be the first time we get to hear a new piece of Pop/Williamson music, even better if it's a ron tribute song. Get your iphones ready, people!

Very good interview, Iggy talking with great respect but still in a funny way about Ron.
Even though I wouldn't call it "long interview" but in the age short facebook status messages this might be considered long.
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!!   Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 3:21 am

zickafuce wrote:
Yey, this may be the first time we get to hear a new piece of Pop/Williamson music, even better if it's a ron tribute song. Get your iphones ready, people!

Somebody better sneak something in to capture that!
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
Mr. FunBoy

Mr. FunBoy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!!   Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 5:32 am

A new Stooges song!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://HeavyLiquidVideos.yola.com
Billy

Billy

PostSubject: Re: Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!!   Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 4:19 pm

Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!! Stooge12

Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!! Stooge13

Ready to see the show! From everything I have been reading about it, it's gonna be great!
Hope to be dancing onstage with the Stooges by the end of the night!
Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!! 595301
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

PostSubject: Re: Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!!   Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 2:39 am

and Jarmusch is there for the documentary/DVD.

cyclops
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!!   Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stooges will be playing the Ron Asheton tribute!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: