Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ron's stand-in with the MC5

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
weed_killer

weed_killer

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Ron's stand-in with the MC5 Empty
PostSubject: Ron's stand-in with the MC5   Ron's stand-in with the MC5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 4:34 am

Dunno if some of you already know this, but Ron once filled in on bass (replacing Michael Davis, who was in jail) for the MC5, at a gig that the Stooges opened. It took place 6 June at the Eastown Theater, Detroit, MI. Here's a quote from him:

Ron Asheton: So we (Stooges) played and they asked me if I'd play bass, and we just did like, i didn't know songs, but we did like four songs, real long versions, a lotta playing for almost an hour. We did a couple blues things and we did "Looking At You", "Kick Out The Jams", stuff that i know. It was really fun, it was fun, it was a different feeling for me to hear the big double guitars, i was used to holding everything up myself, well, i had the bass, i could power down with it, but Wayne had a speaker, like we used to do, you'd have your speaker, then double up the stacks you'd have guitars, you'd have a little bit of everything. So i happened to have my ear, and i was used to it, didn't bother me at the time, but i guess double doses of me bein'...my ear when I'm playin' guitar and Wayne's...i got offstage and thought it's just a ringing but i couldn't hear out of this ear for about three days...it was like seriously heavy fingers, cotton, it was driving me nuts...i went woah!!! I'd pound on it, stick things in it, but it was fun, really did enjoy that, i was glad that i got to do that. (BTC #14)
Back to top Go down
Mr. FunBoy

Mr. FunBoy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Ron's stand-in with the MC5   Ron's stand-in with the MC5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 7:37 am

WOW thats fucking cool...!

Do you know what year this happen?
Back to top Go down
http://HeavyLiquidVideos.yola.com
weed_killer

weed_killer

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Ron's stand-in with the MC5   Ron's stand-in with the MC5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 2:56 pm

Oh yeah, sorry it was June 6th, 1969.
Back to top Go down
Mr. FunBoy

Mr. FunBoy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Ron's stand-in with the MC5   Ron's stand-in with the MC5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 6:49 am

COOL! thank you
Back to top Go down
http://HeavyLiquidVideos.yola.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ron's stand-in with the MC5   Ron's stand-in with the MC5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ron's stand-in with the MC5
Page 1 of 1