Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Danny Fields Files $100 M Defamation Suit

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2007-08-16

Danny Fields Files $100 M Defamation Suit Empty
PostSubject: Danny Fields Files $100 M Defamation Suit   Danny Fields Files $100 M Defamation Suit Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 5:15 am

New York Post

September 12, 2007 -- THE manager of such rock legends as the Ramones, Iggy Pop and the MC5 says Out magazine concocted fake quotes that made him sound like a creepy pedophile who lured underage kids into bed by promising they could meet the bands.

"My reputation is ruined because Out has called me virtually a sexual predator. It is atrocious," Danny Fields, who's filed a $100 million defamation suit against the mag, told Page Six.

Fields, 65 - who once shared a loft with Warhol star Edie Sedgwick and was an influential figure in the East Village punk rock scene - says he was interviewed by Out's editor-in-chief Aaron Hicklin for a sidebar to accompany an October 2006 article, "They Say If You Remember the '70s, Then You Weren't There," written by Village Voice columnist Michael Musto.

Nancy Sinatra, Bruce Vilanch and Nina Hagen were also interviewed. The gay-lifestyle mag quotes Fields, who is openly homosexual, as saying:

"The '70s was sure a lot of fun, but I was sure a lot of young. Boy, if you didn't get laid, then it was your own fault. I don't remember ever being inhibited by saying 'I'm the manager of the band. If you want to meet them, come to my hotel room and sleep with me, and I'll introduce you to them in the morning.' "

Fields told us yesterday: "I never said that. The implication is while my bands were playing, I was trawling the audience for kids . . . like I used the performances as an excuse to cruise and pick up underage teens. The quotes are also so ungrammatical. I would never even talk like that. I have advanced degrees in English literature . . . They gay-bashed me."

He said when he and his lawyer Wallace Collins asked Hicklin for a tape of the interview, "he said he couldn't find it - but he said he knows that's what I said." As a settlement, the mag offered him a "few thousand dollars and the chance to defend myself in the magazine in 75 words."

The suit, filed in Manhattan Supreme Court, asks for $365,000 in actual damages and $100 million in punitive damages. "This actually affects his future ability to get work. To this day, colleague after colleague in the entertainment business tell him how damaging it has been for his reputation in the music industry," Collins said.

Hicklin told us: "I can't comment right now. I have to check with our lawyers."
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Danny Fields Files $100 M Defamation Suit   Danny Fields Files $100 M Defamation Suit Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 6:11 am

fields is homosexual ? i never knew that.

anyway, whats an assaholic thing to do. those bastards
Back to top Go down
Colin Chaos

Colin Chaos

Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Danny Fields Files $100 M Defamation Suit   Danny Fields Files $100 M Defamation Suit Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 12:51 pm

Thanks for posting that, Rode Hard!!!
Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Danny Fields Files $100 M Defamation Suit   Danny Fields Files $100 M Defamation Suit Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 7:08 pm

On the "Behind the Music" episode featuring Iggy and the Stooges, they interview Danny Fields in his office about Iggy. On the wall behind his desk is a fabulous GIANT framed picture of young Iggy. It's gotta be 5 feet high. Guess he REALLY likes Iggy.

He'll never win a hundred million. Wonder who his clients are now?
Back to top Go down
Colin Chaos

Colin Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Danny Fields Files $100 M Defamation Suit   Danny Fields Files $100 M Defamation Suit Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 9:07 pm

Rode Hard wrote:
He'll never win a hundred million. Wonder who his clients are now?
I could be wrong but i'm sure he's now retired from music management...

At least the Ramones namechecked him in a song!!!

Ramones - Danny Says

Danny says we gotta go
Gotta go to Idaho
But we can't go surfin'
'Cause it's 20 below

Sound check's at 5:02
Record stores and interviews
Oh, but I can't wait
To be with you tomorrow

Baby

Oho-ho-ho, we got nowhere to go
And it may sound funny, but it's true
Hangin' out in 100 B
Watching Get Smart on TV
Thinkin' about
You and me and you and me

Hangin' out in L.A.
And there's nowhere to go
It ain't Christmas if there ain't no snow
Listening to Sheena on the radio
Oh-ho oh-ho
Back to top Go down
Colin Chaos

Colin Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Danny Fields Files $100 M Defamation Suit   Danny Fields Files $100 M Defamation Suit Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 1:00 pm

Here's a cover version of Danny Says by Tom Waits!!!
Back to top Go down
earthdog70

earthdog70

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Danny Fields Files $100 M Defamation Suit   Danny Fields Files $100 M Defamation Suit Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 6:12 am

he'll get some cash, but not that amount.

Especially if the reporter can't find the tape!
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Danny Fields Files $100 M Defamation Suit   Danny Fields Files $100 M Defamation Suit Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 7:30 am

Yeah, Danny has been WAY openly gay since...well...the 60's?! He was part of the Warhol Factory crowd and branched out from there.
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Danny Fields Files $100 M Defamation Suit   Danny Fields Files $100 M Defamation Suit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Danny Fields Files $100 M Defamation Suit
Page 1 of 1